PDA

View Full Version : msn messenger and .net services

rachaelrebekah
17-02-04, 01:00 PM
can anybody help!!

i have been trying to sign in to msn messenger for the past week and it wont allow me to on my computer.

i have been able to sign in on my mates computers but not my own.

it keeps saying that the sign in name you have entered does not exist or your password is incorrect.

it wont even allow me on to the msn site it keeps saying page cannot be found.

i have tried everything i can think of !!!

does anyone have any ideas???

or does anyone have an email address i can contact them on. i cant even subit a report to them to try and get it sorted.

Jack
17-02-04, 01:02 PM
Can u access other internet sites on your machine?

rachaelrebekah
17-02-04, 02:49 PM
yeah i can just not msn!!

Jack
17-02-04, 02:54 PM
try signing on as a different user, see if that works (so u know if its a problem with just your account or msn itself)

rachaelrebekah
17-02-04, 05:31 PM
i tried that it wont sign in on my sisters account eitha or my other one. i have even unistalled it then reinstalled it but that hasnt worked.

Will
17-02-04, 07:40 PM
do you have zone alarm installed, are you behind a firewall, have u tried windows messenger as well as msn 6, who is your isp (wot company is your internet with)

rachaelrebekah
17-02-04, 09:05 PM
no i dont have zone alarm no i not behind a fire wall i cant get into windows messenger eitha and isp is freeserve.

Jules
17-02-04, 10:04 PM
I had the exact same problem the other day, I solved mine by choosing the "Sign in..." option then entering my .NET password there rather than the usual method of selecting "Sign in as <INSERT EMAIL HERE>" option.
Once I'd done that I could then use the "Sign in as..." option but it seemed that I had to select "Sign in..." first.

P.S I also went to the .NET webiste and changed my password etc etc etc just like you have. Give it a try anyway.

rachaelrebekah
18-02-04, 01:00 PM
i have tried that as well but it still wont work. i cant even get on to the .net site to change my password. it wont even sign me in on msm explorer

Jack
18-02-04, 01:21 PM
Have u checked your security options in explorer? Tools - Options - Security, and also Privacy. Might be yoru privacy levels are set too high thus blocking the site, or it might have been accidentally added to the restricted sites list on security?

Can u get to www.msn.com ?

rachaelrebekah
18-02-04, 01:33 PM
just checked the security and changed it all to low . i can get to msn .com. it still wont let me sig in even tho i changed it all. its not on the restricted sites. we havent got any on there. and the privacy thing is set to accept all cookies.

Will
18-02-04, 02:12 PM
no i dont have zone alarm no i not behind a fire wall.

wots your ip address, default gateway and have u any virus software? if no :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(just joking) u really shud protect ur pc from attackers like me tho ;)

hmmmmmmmm@ your msn weird!

Jack
18-02-04, 02:15 PM
weird indeed... i'm stumped

maybe they deactivated your account for some reason?

rachaelrebekah
18-02-04, 02:19 PM
they cant have deactivated my account cause i can access it on other computers. do i need an add on or anything like that for it??

Jack
18-02-04, 02:41 PM
Shouldn't do.... do u get any error messages or anything? If so what do they say?

rachaelrebekah
18-02-04, 05:20 PM
the only message i get is one that says signing in to .net messenger service failed because the password is incorrect or the username does not exist.

Jordi
18-02-04, 05:32 PM
If other ppl with the same ISP cant get on, it will be a dns problem. Is very strange if its just your pc, but it can happen.

Are your isp displaying any status pages, which might tell you if DNS is effected?

Try trillian, as it might just be the msn messenger clients causing the problem.

rachaelrebekah
19-02-04, 09:21 AM
thank jordi. i can sign in through trillian. is there anyway of retrieving my contact list at all?? will it show on my mates computers that i online through trillian??? your a star :D :D