PDA

View Full Version : Alex Magee's Nova (mate)

krobinson
16-02-04, 05:36 PM
I posted up this pic recently asking if anyone had pics from trax 1999 of my mate Alex's Nova! Its since been fully rebuilt and he's finally got me a Tech Spec! It is as follows:

--------------------------------------------

I have enclosed the techinal spec of my (baby) motor, I am still currently working on it so the spec it only 90% complete, I should have it ready by mid March all going well,

Some members may or may not remember this car from a few years ago, It has been off the road now about 3 years

So for those of you who thought CBZ5533 was dead, It lives!!!

I will be updating you all on my progress, hopefully I will get my digi camera working again soon to post few snap shots

Techincal Specification

Make ? Vauxhall Model ? Nova 2.0L 16v Year ? 1989 Reg ? CBZ 5533

ENGINE: -

Type:
1998cc C20XE Fully Blueprinted

Head:
Gas flowed, solid lifters, Brass lined valve guides, Re-profiled Standard cams, ARP Head bolts, Metal head gasket ?Kent? vernier pulleys, ?Kent? Timing Belt, Steel tensioners

Block:
Standard, Acid Treated, ?Manhale? Flat top pistons, Up rated Rings, Steel Conrods, Titanium Links

Bottom:
Steel Crank (Lightened and Balanced), up rated Shell and Main Bearings,
ARP Bottom End Bolts, Re-baffled sump, Dual sump Bungs, up rated oil pump, Tin for Aluminium sump replacement.

Carbs:
45 Dellorto Carbs on matched SB Developments inlet manifold, C/w Shortened trumpets and Piper-X filters, run from ?Facet Silver top fuel through King filter regulator all c/w braided Hosing

Ignition:
SBD Distributor-less 952i MBE Management System with SBD Dizzy blanking cover, 7mm Silicon Leads by ?Split fire? GM Vectra coil pack and NGK Titanium tip spark plugs.

Exhaust:
Custom made stainless steel manifold, mongoose stainless steel System c/w Polysport Exhaust mounts

Other:
Samco Hosing (blue), Alloy header tank, Oil catch, Brake res, Battery cover, Polished rocker cover and cam belt cover, SBD Carbon spark plug cover, 100amp SBD small alternator and bottom pulley conversion, Heavy duty ?power bull? Diesel battery, Double copper core radiator, Grp A Pro Tec engine mounts, M-Tech engine mount brackets

TRANSMISSION: -

Five speed F20 Gearbox, Front wheel drive, 90% LSD, M-Tech Custom one- piece shafts and replacement hubs with Astra GTE Outers and inners, Sash?s Clutch.

CHASSI / SUSPENSION / STEERING: -

Fully seam and stitch welded engine bay c/w ?Harry Hockley? Strengthening plates, ?Raid? Front polished strut brace, ?Dubwiser? 4? Rear polished strut brace, FK coil over suspension kit c/w 200 lb springs up front and height adjustable spring platforms to the rear, Front anti roll bar spacer blocks (To avoid fouling of exhaust manifold), Uni ball joints and track Rod ends, Polysport bushes all round.

BRAKES: -

Front:
Vectra V6 callipers with 256mm Disc Conversion Drilled and grooved.
Rear:
Disc conversion with Vectra V6 Callipers, Drilled & Grooved
Other:
EBC Green stuff pads all round, DOT 5.1 Brake Fluid, Steel Braided brake lines all round.

WHEELS AND TYRES: -

7 x 17 Kahn RSS with 205/40 Silverstone tyres c/w Kahn centres and valve caps

BODY: -

Based on a 1989 13SR Shell, All vinyl removed plus rubbing Strips,
de-badged, wing aerial removed, Fibresport front bumper c/w spots, mesh, and lower Laguna, Modified Fibresport side skirts moulded to front wing and
Rear quarter, Kingdom Developments rear bumper modified For number plate recess, M3 style mirrors, Montary bonnet vent and GSI Astra bonnet vents (recessed as Vauxhall Intended), 3 piece rear spoiler (89 SR legs, 93 GSI top
Window spoiler and saxo spoiler), Flushed tail gate with wiper and washer jet removed, Golf Gti bee sting aerial, Flushed Scuttle panel with washer jets, grills and 1 No. Wiper hole removed, Vectra washer jets on bonnet, Kawasaki motorbike fuel filler cap moulded into rear quarter position, Clear front indicators, Clear rear lights, and Oval clear side repeaters, VW Polo light eye brows, Meshed and modified grill, Front towing eye removed and replaced with Vectra screw in/out towing eye, Front and rear arch modifications Vectra rear door handles, delocked, Storm single wiper conversion with Kingdom cover, Bonrath bonnet lifters, Lockwood sill protectors,
All finished in GM 140 Smoke grey with a blue mica lacquer flip.

INTERIOR: -

Mk 2 dash and interior conversion, Astra GTE LCD Clocks, carbon/silver detailing, Aluminium gear knob and hand brake cover, Blue gaiters, Sparco pedals, Corsa wiper stalks, Chequer Plate flooring, ?Cobra? Daytona front seats with rear seats covered to match (Blue/Grey), ?Luke? 3 point harnesses, Cobra cloth retrim front door swabs and rear quarters, Blue cloth trim
covering all boot plastics, parcel shelf and install, Mono steering wheel, Neon Lighting and Carbon fire extinguisher

ICE/SECURITY

Currently being installed

I'll get some pics when i get round to his with my Digicam! And you'll all see it at the show's this year!

Keith

dave.gsi
16-02-04, 05:38 PM
All vinyl removed

the boys got taste :wink:

oh wait,

no he hasnt

Fibresport front bumper

krobinson
16-02-04, 05:44 PM
Lets just remind dave of the "thing" he fitted to his old nova, and called it a front bumper

http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/448big.jpg

Novadose front is gold compared to that!

It does look smart on his car, even i like it, the laguna splitter makes all the difference, trust me :D

Keith

Anton
16-02-04, 05:47 PM
lol @ dave's home brew

krobinson
16-02-04, 05:49 PM
I think the tech spec of Alex's is very impressive, i'm hoping to get some pics pretty soon!

Keith

dave.gsi
16-02-04, 05:53 PM
lol, that was fitted to the car for ten minutes whilst i took those photos.

it hasnt been seen since but it was enough to earn me a 2:1 honours degree :P

dan_mk1
16-02-04, 06:01 PM

that is fucking gash! lol, whoever designed that should be shot! :wink: :lol:

dave.gsi
16-02-04, 06:04 PM
:fist:

lol,

cough*monster truck*cough

dan_mk1
16-02-04, 06:22 PM
lol, you cant say shit! snow plough!!!

dave.gsi
16-02-04, 06:24 PM
lol. as said before. that was fitted for ten minutes

youve been off roading for how long now :lol:

dan_mk1
16-02-04, 06:28 PM
lol, thats cos i was planning on selling it! im getting coilovers soon.

did you make a lot of money this season? with the weather and all? :wink: :lol:

Mark
16-02-04, 07:46 PM
:lol: :lol:

Anton
16-02-04, 08:21 PM
shh nosher

Mark
16-02-04, 08:22 PM
:evil:

dave.gsi
16-02-04, 08:24 PM
lol, nice sig anton

Anton
16-02-04, 08:26 PM
could be worse marky, you could be that dogey farmer

PROPER JOBBBBBB

dave.gsi
16-02-04, 08:30 PM
http://www.channel4.com/science/microsites/S/scrapheap/scrappy/teams/images/barley.jpg

lol, what a muppet

Jim
16-02-04, 08:32 PM
Why do you lot have to turn a thread into complete c**p? If you've nothing to say that's related to the thread, then don't reply to it.

Keith, the spec of that car is pretty impressive. Get some pics up as soon as you can.

Jim

Anton
16-02-04, 08:36 PM
quite right jim

my apologies keith

can't wait to see some pictures

dave.gsi
16-02-04, 08:47 PM
fair point, but if he'd waited untill he had pictures of the car then maybe he would have had more interest in it.

as it stands i have absolutely no interest in reading a list of modifications no matter how good they are.

Dare-devil
17-02-04, 08:30 AM
Sweet.

Can't wait to se the pics. :D

Barn
17-02-04, 12:07 PM
Lets just remind dave of the "thing" he fitted to his old nova, and called it a front bumper

Novadose front is gold compared to that!

HAHAHA, keith u are a legend,
sorry dave...that bumper is fcuking terrible

agreed...get some pics up keith...with that spec the car sounds the b*llocks.

Tilly
17-02-04, 12:42 PM
Sounds nice