PDA

View Full Version : Electric Windows

skud52
15-02-04, 11:44 AM
Ok, just got a set of electric windows ans all the wire loom, but its fuckin confusing, its got the central lockin parts and control box for them but thats gunna be cut out (No problems with that is there?)

what i want to no is wiring up, i dont see any concetions to the power, there is a group of brown (earth?) wires in the middle where it splits to go to the connectors to the motors, if anyone cud help, e.g. wiring diagram mabye, or what colour wire does what i wud be most appriciated

cheers

ben

ade
15-02-04, 11:44 PM
if you have 5 door (ref banner) unsure if wiring same as 3 door as my understanding the actual design of the mechanism is different.

If its the same as 3 door iirc there is a red live wire (plugs into the fuse box with 20amp fuse I think) and brown earth. The other wires go to the motors (yellow red ywllo blue red and blue).

or is that the central locking... :?

cannae remember... trace the wires from the switches back to the windows.

Ade

Alex
16-02-04, 12:32 AM
IIRC the 5 door has cable e/w mechanisms as opposed to arm.. check the back of a haynes manual for the wiring.

In a 3 door mechanism there are two wires. When the window goes up, one is earth and the other live. When they go down the polarity is reversed.

Riggy
16-02-04, 05:16 PM
ive got a similar prob i have a red and black wire that looks like it will go into fuse box but i also have a brown wire , what is this one for

cheers carl

Ste_Nova
16-02-04, 05:56 PM
brown = ground.. screws to hump behind gearstick
black = switched live.. connects on right hand side of fuse box
red = constant live.. connects on right hand side of fuse box

Riggy
19-02-04, 05:51 PM
thanx ste