PDA

View Full Version : It's running!!

Adam Moran
14-02-04, 09:20 PM
Got my engine started for the first time today and my god does it sound good! Going to drive it tomorrow after ive sorted the brakes.

Roll on summer!

If you dont know what im talking about see the car here: http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=1031

Will get updated pics and some video shortly.

From a VERY happy Nova owner :wink:

Ad

Jules
14-02-04, 09:31 PM
Nice Nova and very fine choice of induction (Twin 40's)!!

LOL@Andy Bishop in his Vaux (?) overalls!!
:lol:

Ben3042
14-02-04, 09:34 PM
Looks good mate, bet its gonna go weel :D

Adam Moran
14-02-04, 09:51 PM
LOL@Andy Bishop in his Vaux (?) overalls!!
:lol:

I'm after some if you know where i can get some? I've ruined SO many pairs of jeans and jumpers lol Also having the Vaux logo on you look like you know what your doing (Which i dont lol)

Will let you know how well it goes tomorrow night! Going to find some Saxos to slay :lol:

Ad

Dare-devil
15-02-04, 09:13 AM
Looks very good m8. Keep it up. :wink:

epo
15-02-04, 09:39 AM
wondered where u'd gone mate not heard from u on here 4 a while looks well good tho mate

SKoob
15-02-04, 10:40 AM
looks mint m8 8)

-Bruce-
15-02-04, 11:10 AM
looks great mate the 40's are great.

keep it up son

Adam Moran
15-02-04, 03:09 PM
It drives fantastic!!!!!! So quick compared to my standered GSi engine.

Just got a few things to sort and it will be perfect (well sort of, the moding never stops :wink: )

Ad

karl Rowntree
15-02-04, 10:57 PM
Adam came round tonight to show me the finished car, even let me take it for a drive!

Have to say its the quickest 1.6 i have ever driven, and i think there is a fair bit more to come when its set up correct. I could feel a few flat spots, but it pulled all the way round to 7000 rpm in every gear with it kicking in around 2500!

It will easily keep up with a standard 2l 16v as it is, so look forward to trying it when its set up. Almost preferred it to mine, because you felt as though you were 'driving' the car as opossed to the car driving you, guess it was due to the weight of the engine.

Well done ad and i look forward to racing you at the Nurburgring! :twisted: