PDA

View Full Version : Mileage

Jack
14-02-04, 12:33 PM
Ok I know this sounds a bit dodgy, but it's not!!

Can anyone tell me how to change the mileage of my GTE clocks? Bought some off ebay a while back and hoping to fit them next weekend, but I'd like to have the mileage read right!

I think i need to move the mileage forward rather than backwards...

DUNOVA.
14-02-04, 05:23 PM
I took my sr dash apart to do the same i took all the speedo to peices there's about 7 little blue thing's on a little mettal rod holding them on i slid the rod out and the numbers are free to move :lol: t hat was just my dodgy way of doin it someone else ,ite have an easyer way :!:

mowgli
15-02-04, 08:29 AM
from a legal point of view, I don't think that advice should be given on this subject. even though resetting a speedo is very easy if you take care.

epo
15-02-04, 08:37 AM
am sure there was a post in general about clockin cars

its not actually illegal as long as u declair its been clocked when u come to sell it

dave.gsi
15-02-04, 10:13 PM
take the dash apart and have a look inside. if you cant work out how to do it your a complete retard. it really is that easy

ade
15-02-04, 11:50 PM
cant see the point to be honest - your modifying your car - if you change your clocks then its no longer accurate - and the kind of people that will buy it wont be interested in the mileage anyway.

Its like if you get a new engine or recondition your existing one...what do you do then? I mean you can hardly clock the car for a recon engine can you - how many miles do you knock off? 40K?

i've changed my clocks a few times and never bothered - I made a mental note when I did it 1st but then I changed the engine and lost track!

Why risk possibly damaging your cars clocks?

My next rebuild I dont even think I'm going to have the mileage on display

:| :roll:

Ste_Nova
16-02-04, 08:44 AM
i'm having mine set to 000000 when the car is finished

Jack
16-02-04, 09:52 AM
its not actually illegal as long as u declair its been clocked when u come to sell it.

I wouldn't have thought i was doing anything wrong, if i'm making the clocks read the cars true mileage? I mean if i was knocking a few thousand off for dubious purposes then fair enough that's dodgy, but i just want it to show the correct mileage.

if you cant work out how to do it your a complete retard

Ahh... that's me then :lol:

Snowface
16-02-04, 06:18 PM
perhaps its more illegal not to clock back to actual millage than it is to do it. if that makes sense.