PDA

View Full Version : Digi-dash into a GTE?

Funkdocta
14-02-04, 12:15 PM
Hi all, this question has prob come up loadsa times but .... Does anyone know of a website or a guide that tells you how to wire a Digi-dash into a GTE, i've found a brief guide on Novarally site I think but it's vauge and I remember reading ages ago that u have to cut up your dash if your fitting one into a GTE Mk1 - Thanks!

matty172
14-02-04, 02:23 PM
email me at matty172@hotmail.com and ill send u the wiring diagram for it.

matty172
14-02-04, 02:24 PM
email me at matty172@hotmail.com and ill send u the wiring diagram for it.

rgv_stu
14-02-04, 05:07 PM
well you definately have to cut the dash in a mk1
ive fitted one in mine and it aint exactly pretty :lol:

geordie_racer
14-02-04, 05:09 PM
www.nova-land.com

theres guides for both mk1 and 2

Funkdocta
14-02-04, 09:48 PM
Well. that was BLOODY difficult.

I was really lucky and picked up a 16v digi-dash and all bits in mint condition earlier today from the breakers for a tenner! Got it home and planned to fit it tomo, I found the instructions for the conversion for my mk1 from Nova-land. 5mins later I was out in my car hacking up my dash, that was at about 2pm, i've just got in from fitting the damb thing. Much to my amazment it works and looks phatt! I'm dreading seeing it in daylight though as I got a bit over excited while cutting up my dash and over cut in a few places!

If i'd had known how much of an arsehole these things are to fit into mk1's i'd never had done it!

If I was to do it again i'd get me a power drill or something that cuts Nova dashes with ease coz the dash bit was a nightmare. Even now it's all done the mk2 cav plastic surround bows slightly as the dash wont go back quite far enough, and in the guide from Nova-land it says u mite have2 cut a bit of the heater ducting out using a soldering iron and then cover it with bike tube, I had to almost take the whole bloody thing out! It's not perfect but it'll do for now. Safe everyone for the help, i'm going for a beer.

LiD0N
15-02-04, 03:16 PM
a tenner! u done well there they normally sell for ?40-?60 !!

Funkdocta
15-02-04, 10:17 PM
Yeah I know, don't think the bloke at the breakers knew what it was!

1 other ting, the temp guage on the left hand side has a mind of it's own and reads full and overheating and flashes red most of the time but flickers up and down occasionaly, anyone know what this could be? I think the connections are all fine in the back of the dash I checked them all loadsa times!

LiD0N
16-02-04, 02:08 AM
sounds like a loose conection - check em again, if u dont conect the gauge up it will show flashing red and full heat

NovaNeil
16-02-04, 12:24 PM
I removed my MK Dashboard to fit the the Digi and it was still a nightmare, so fair play for doing it in the car!