PDA

View Full Version : white smoke

adey
13-02-04, 08:11 PM
i am getting a bit of white smoke out of my exhaust. i know it is running a bit rich but never had this smoke b4 ne advice on what it might be? it does it when the engine is warmed up only on idling once i get going it is fine but when i stop it smokes again

epo
13-02-04, 08:20 PM
could be head gasket

Nova_Tek
13-02-04, 08:20 PM
Is it slightly greyish and happens when you start up?

Hope you havent confused it for condensation. You know when the outside air is cold and the air coming out is hot, like when you breathe in cold air.

Just a suggestion.

Possibly be the head gasket. Saw this program and it showed an omega that had head gasket problems, was burning water or sumfing and had grey smoke out the back.

Check your oil filler cap. if u got mayonaise on it (white creamy fluid) then your gasket is on da way out or dead. If not then its fine.

At da mo its all I can fink of

Hope this helps

adey
13-02-04, 08:21 PM
sounds expensive???

nova_rally
13-02-04, 08:24 PM
If your sure it's not just condenstation in the exhaust (i.e after standing all night in the cold) then you've got water in the cylinders. Could be head gasket - as said before check for the mayonaise under the Oil FIller and around the top of the dipstick.

Alan

epo
13-02-04, 08:28 PM
not always a tell tale sign the white gunk in ur oil
i never had ne altho i did catch mine early
it was just runnin well hot then popped me water hose

adey
13-02-04, 08:29 PM
i am sure it is not condensation. will check for mayonaise first thing in the morning. thanks for your help will let you know how i get on.

Cheese
14-02-04, 02:04 AM
If the oil looks ok, check the water level in the expansion tank.. Top it up if nessesary and then go for a drive and see if the level goes down. :?