PDA

View Full Version : car keeps stalling when slowing down

leepwoollard
13-02-04, 11:46 AM
my car keeps dropping out when i pull up at junctions or have 2 stop in traffic is starting to become very annoying does anyone have any ideas its a 1.4 k reg sri it seemed 2 start 2 happen after i had my digi dash put it but i can see how this would cause the revs 2 drop out any suggestions would b helpfull cheers lee

Nova_Tek
13-02-04, 08:16 PM
I know the feeling.

Could be just a coincidence,

Have you checked the usual stuff like dizzy cap, rotor arm, HT leads, plugs?

Could be a air leak or a hole in your air intake.

I know the feeling.

Just check the usual stuff.

Cant see how the digidash can affect it, could be wrong though.

rs turbo
13-02-04, 09:21 PM
i had bad earth on battery and when i braked hard it used to cut the engine just check all your main earth points mine was just a bit loose

blingmachine
13-02-04, 10:16 PM
what is the car ideling at, does it tickover smooth, maybe could do with a tume

adey
13-02-04, 10:46 PM
sounds like a fuel problem or something check the carb and stuff like that must admit sounds like adling problem

Cr4iG
14-02-04, 12:19 AM
Aragorn was experiancing the same probs, it was the ICV, he fiddled a wee bit and it stopped it :p

Smoki3
14-02-04, 03:00 PM
NOPE ALL WRONG!!!! 8)

I just had the same problem wiv my 1.6 GSI :cry: after install my digi dash!

Its your speedo sensor driver!! Theres 3 wires (Earth, Live & speed)
Make sure your speed wire is connect from the digidash speedo driver to the ecu wire! It will be wired the same why as the old speedo driver that was in it before!

The ecu needs 2 know how fast your going so it can adjust the amount of fuel being pumped in! Or it will just think your revving all the time :lol:

Your car will drive alot smooth 2 now :D (U may need yur ecu resetting as it stores the problem!)

Let me know how it goes

leepwoollard
14-02-04, 05:36 PM
cheers 4 the advice i think u may be right as it is the only thing i have yet to try thanks again lee

L1OONEY
18-02-04, 01:29 AM
Hi is ur car still cuttin out?
Ive just had shit loads of problems just like u although mine is a 1ltr,-mine came to the point it wouldnt even start with those battery cables we couldnt do anything wit it only 2 find out that i was runnin on 2 cylinders ive changed my carb, distribitor points, fuel pump and put a fuel filter on, plugs, leads weve also got through our carb cleaner and red x all sorted now but ive spent a bomb on it and it wasnt none of them those fcukin cylinders all along never mind gettin there slowely well all the luck m8 these jobs can be anoyin............