PDA

View Full Version : The new golf...

Neil.
13-02-04, 12:41 AM
i think its lost the 'golf' looks, i LOVED the golf coz of they it has been for 30 years or so but now....

old ones...
http://www.vw.com/art/golf/gallery/gal_lg_ext_3.jpg
http://www.vw.com/art/gti/index/graphic_right_on.gif

New one...
http://www.vw.co.uk/images/newGolf.jpg

nova m@rk
13-02-04, 01:26 AM
i think its the same as most new cars compaired to old ones its jus got bigger and less angular in my oppinion THE best golf was the mk1 gti
my mates got a geniune wolfsberg edition and compaird to my mates nova GTE (same engine size) its shite off a shovel built better aswell
this is jus my opinion thow

Ben3042
13-02-04, 01:37 AM
Im not to keen on the new shape, although i do like the r32, my uncle has one its pretty quick to :D

dan_mk1
13-02-04, 01:44 AM
the golf mk3, 4 and 5 are all a pile of wank! they're all oversized boats, handle like it too!
the mk1 + mk2 gti are nice cars, depends what you look for in a car i guess, imo from mk3 golfs are family cars

-Bruce-
13-02-04, 07:15 AM
i hate the new 1 :evil: the golf has gone!!

Mark
13-02-04, 07:49 AM
:o Oooh look the new golf looks like the new Skoda, like Techie has got.

Dare-devil
13-02-04, 08:03 AM
the golf mk3, 4 and 5 are all a pile of w**k! they're all oversized boats, handle like it too!
the mk1 + mk2 gti are nice cars, depends what you look for in a car i guess, imo from mk3 golfs are family cars

You are 100% right m8.

SKoob
13-02-04, 08:08 AM
my mum has a Mk3 2.0l golf gti 5 door and tbh i'd rather my Nova SR :|

RJM25R
13-02-04, 08:41 AM
NOVAMARK>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What's the "wolfsberg model" mk1 ? I was under the impression that the "Wolfsberg Edition 1" was a mark 2?????

You don't mean a "pirelli edition" or a "campaign" do you, cos these are 1.8 engined GTI's....

tetley
13-02-04, 09:54 AM
I RACED A MARK 3 GOLF gti IN MY OLD NOVA 1.2l, AND I PISSED ALL OVER IT

GTE-RACER
13-02-04, 09:57 AM
lol...did he know u were racing him tho?? ;-)

nova m@rk
13-02-04, 10:21 AM
rick ive never done any investigation in to it but he said its a genuine
wolfsberg as its got the lil badge on the dash but i aint that sure now cuz ive defo seen mk2 wolfys but hes is the only mk1 please tell me he's
wrong so i can name & shame him (hes always on to me about buying a nova) :P :P :twisted:

Dare-devil
13-02-04, 10:59 AM

:lol: :lol:

tetley
13-02-04, 11:17 AM

Sorry, i was being Facetious!, with all this rubbish talk about smaller engine cars beating gtis and stuff i had to say it :D :D :D

dave.gsi
13-02-04, 12:17 PM
crap car. good advert :wink:

Barn
13-02-04, 01:09 PM
Mk1 and Mk2 all the fcuking way...

?Marty?
13-02-04, 01:51 PM
out with the old, in with the new.

Jack
13-02-04, 01:56 PM
wasn't there a bit on Top Gear a while back where the raced the old against the new (on a 1/5 mile stretch... :roll: )... Mk1 GTi wazzed all over the Mk4 GTi :)

Jules
13-02-04, 02:12 PM

Sorry, i was being Facetious!, with all this rubbish talk about smaller engine cars beating gtis and stuff i had to say it :D :D :D

Which you start the threads to............
:roll:

tetley
13-02-04, 02:21 PM
the only thread ive started is the pug versus nova merrit and i was just taking the piss out of the nova, coz it sounds so stupid

blingmachine
13-02-04, 03:36 PM
The new one looks utter sh!te, i prefer the last model, R32's are great :D

Rick Draper
13-02-04, 10:14 PM
New golf is the best golf made since the MK1, dad and myself went out for a test drive in one last week as he is going to be getting one he thinks and it handles well and the TDi version is fooking fast for a TDi. Rick

epo
13-02-04, 10:19 PM
dont mind the news golfs
am a big fan of the mk1 tho

also what does the new fiat panda look like
cant believe they re did it

epo
13-02-04, 10:22 PM
the only thread ive started is the pug versus nova merrit and i was just taking the p**s out of the nova, coz it sounds so stupid

and the 1.0l ax that raced the sr

Mark
13-02-04, 10:52 PM
I RACED A MARK 3 GOLF gti IN MY OLD NOVA 1.2l, AND I p**s ALL OVER IT

Why don't you try driving instead of racing at some point :roll: :roll:

epo
13-02-04, 10:57 PM
i think were gettin another liamp
instead of "wanna swap ur nova" its gunna "be wanna race" all the time

RJM25R
13-02-04, 11:27 PM
NOVAMARK>>>>>>>

I am a bit of a golf anorak, and as far as me, Ian Birch (ex-dubsport owner), Paul McCallum (Ex Deutchcar owner) and Jim Cotton (Owner of Awesome GTI) are concerned there are no such thing as a Wolfsburg Edition Mk1 GTI (YES i DID EMAIL ALL THREE OF THEM TO ASK!!)_ .

Wolfsburg is the town ingermany where the factory that builds (certain) volkswagens exists. They introduced the "edition one" in 1989 as an anniversary edition because the factory was 50 years old. (it opened in 1939 building the original Beetle (or "KAFER" as it is known in Germany, which is also an insulting name called to black people in germany)

They are one of the most sought-after models because they had the G60 engine and Recaro's as standard as well as BBS RS001 Split rim wheels, chromalux glass (looks very subtle silver tint) etc etc etc.

Just the BBS rims on their own were a ?2000 option on the GTI. Yes ?2000 for the rims..... just in case you thought i'd mis-typed...

They had a super-ltd model called the G60 Fire and Ice models, that were the same spec as edition one's but in special non-stock colours, including the legendary "VW Violet Purpur" (code LC 46P) also known as Blackberry Dream and the same colour as I had on my nova (rip)

Consequently, if you want to give your mate shit, go ahead. The Wolfsberg Edition badge did not even appear on tthe VW parts microfiche until 1990 so it did not exist. Do you want the part number to REALLY wind him up???

Stanton
14-02-04, 12:21 AM
:o wow i aint gunna argue with u on that ^^^^^^^

kool as fcuk, i question, is my car the purple mensioned above or summat else, mite need sum paint soon :?

was sprayed by previous owner and i dont no the colour.

its here \/ \/ \/

darren
14-02-04, 12:34 AM
Your bob on with everthing you've said

I know cos my mate runs Club GTI Cumbria and he fills me full of this meaningless crap everyday :lol:

MK2 Edition One is the one to have IMO

epo
14-02-04, 07:25 AM
did any one see that mk1 golf in max power last march\april time
with the audi engine in it
that was built in scunny
awsomely quick can remember which engine it had in it tho

RJM25R
14-02-04, 09:42 AM
Epo>>>>

1.8 20v turbo. That's the "LET" of the VW world. It's easy to get hold of, as it's in Audi's, Seats, Skoda's and Dub's

RS>>>>

It certainly looks the same colour as I had. That is DEFINITELY th paint code for it. If you go to VW thay will give you a paint chip if they have any left (discontinued colour now awwww shame!!)

epo
14-02-04, 10:02 AM
am sure it was bigger than a 1.8
part of the engine was in the back

it was built by the lads of dubwiser which has shut down now

i think it was green ill try find it

dan_mk1
14-02-04, 11:23 AM
vr6??
aah it was in max flower, so who gives a toss!

ade
14-02-04, 04:49 PM
probably said already (cant b arsed reading 3 pages) - new gof oooks like athe new pug and a seat ibiza/leon melted together... probably rue seeing as how vw own seat...

:roll:

Ben3042
14-02-04, 10:15 PM
There's a bright yellow/green mk1 golf with two engines both running nos, that 1's shit hot, number plate reads A1 UFO if anyone knows the one im talking about. It's been mag featured so many times and has also been on the max power video's

Hardie
14-02-04, 11:24 PM
Minging but no doubt the gti etc will be stunning

Jules
14-02-04, 11:41 PM
There's a bright yellow/green mk1 golf with two engines both running nos, that 1's s**t hot, number plate reads A1 UFO if anyone knows the one im talking about. It's been mag featured so many times and has also been on the max power video's

It's OK, the problem is that it's a MK1 that they've put MK2 Gti bumpers on which look awful,anyway it's not as nice as the orange MK1 that they did though (VR6 Turbo I believe)

RJM25R
15-02-04, 09:39 AM
Jules>>>>

Orange one is rear-mounted, rear drive VR6 turbo. Tail out in short wheelbase car! Built by Ian Birch when he owned Dubsport. He took me out in it once (it was built for a customer)
Scared me shitless cos it's so tail-happy!!

Fun though

EPO>>>

The green one you are on about has got the AUDI S1 QUATTRO SPORT (old square rally car) engine and running gear in it. The gearbox i beleive is rear mounted to equalise weight distribution and i think it's 4wd..

epo
15-02-04, 09:43 AM
EPO>>>

The green one you are on about has got the AUDI S1 QUATTRO SPORT (old square rally car) engine and running gear in it. The gearbox i beleive is rear mounted to equalise weight distribution and i think it's 4wd..

yep thats it like it looked mint shame theyve shut there business down
i was talkin 2 the lad its suposed 2 be stupidly quick

RobIsGrt18
15-02-04, 06:00 PM
theres a blue 1 iv seen up the pod with 2 engines aswell!!

RJM25R
15-02-04, 07:50 PM
That's "B16 DUB" Birchy's own car.

2xVR6 TURBO'S 4WD And allegedly 800bhp.

legendary story is when we were all at York or Pod and after a ferocious qtr he got out of the car covered in oil! the rear engine had gone bang.
He still drove home with the front engine! The guys face in the tractor who came to tow him away had a shock when he just started up and drove off!!!

He's sold it now.

epo
15-02-04, 07:53 PM
:o u certanly know ur golfs mate :!:

dan_mk1
15-02-04, 10:26 PM

fook! :o

beatin u
15-02-04, 10:42 PM
the new golf just looks like a 307, which aint good in my opinion, even if it is built well i just don't like it...along with 95% of modern cars.

mk1 and 2 rule though. and any newer golf with a gti badge doesnt deserve it, there too refined. imo

dan_mk1
15-02-04, 10:45 PM
'gti' is a spec level really, well to vw anyway!