PDA

View Full Version : Re-conditioning callipers...

Neil.
12-02-04, 08:02 PM
need new seals and silver clips that go on outa bit that holds them together, for 2ltr Cav GSI callipers.

mikeoxford
12-02-04, 11:07 PM
need new seals and silver clips that go on outa bit that holds them together, for 2ltr Cav GSI callipers.

sorry to pi$$ on your fire.... but youll find it cheaper to get another set of calipers.

seals, slider covers & caps from vaux come to ?35.70 + VAT of ?6.25 = ?41.95 in total. i have the quoattion in front of me. hence why i bought another set and ditched the others in a hedge.

the part numbers for the offending items you need are 90297767 and 90510227

mike :(

Neil.
12-02-04, 11:20 PM
but how would i know if the seals on the other calipers are any good?

mikeoxford
12-02-04, 11:21 PM
but how would i know if the seals on the other calipers are any good?

hrm ok ill turn it back on you to answer your own qn :lol: if you dont know what makes a good seal, how do you know you need new ones? :o :lol:

Neil.
12-02-04, 11:24 PM
Read this twice...
but surely having new seals from them that have been used is better then running worn seals that haven't been replaced!

mikeoxford
12-02-04, 11:25 PM
Read this twice...
but surely having new seals from them that have been used is better then running worn seals that haven't been replaced!

to many double negatives there for me :lol: :?

Neil.
12-02-04, 11:30 PM
ok well, in idiots terms...
Obviously have NEW stuff is better then worn 2nd hand stuff, so even if i do find another set aint it better just to spend the ?42 and have it nice and new, to go with everything else new in my engine bay :D

mikeoxford
12-02-04, 11:34 PM
gr?c??s muchos better

kind of

but i wouldnt want to pay ?42 for some dust covers and a seal that aint gona be seen LOL

?42 would buy you a second hand set of discs, pads, and calipers if you look hard enough........ ive purchased two sets each at that price :lol:

having said that i resold the one lot for ?30 to get rid.

hrrm then again i did spend a tenner on high temp paint and laquer

in response........

yeah why not if you want to burn money for no reason.

sensible answer? put it towards the exhaust system / drivehsafts you need. the corsa ATE calipers you have would be more than adequate if you bled them properley, fitted new discs and pads, and bedded them in properley. everything you described to mean indicated warped discs.

Neil.
12-02-04, 11:37 PM
mike shut up just shut up shut up. ill talk to u on msn instead. u smelly bum bandit.