PDA

View Full Version : GSi tuning

Nova_boy_69
12-02-04, 11:37 AM
How can i tune and modify my GSi engine that will gain more power and so i can get away without telling my insurance.

Dpnova
12-02-04, 11:44 AM
Its up to you to tell ur insurance anyway ut if you mod ur enhine id recomend telling them,

Ben3042
12-02-04, 11:55 AM
Camshaft
Rebore
Chip

Basically mods that arnt noticable unless the engine is dismantled. So if you have an accident the insurance estimator doesent see them when he inspects your car.

Will
12-02-04, 12:30 PM
How can i tune and modify my GSi engine that will gain more power and so i can get away without telling my insurance.

not a good idea imo but working on internals is best for this "method"

Ste_Nova
12-02-04, 01:33 PM
nos

Nova_boy_69
12-02-04, 02:11 PM
How much would it roughly cost to get it bored and replace the pistons, and how much power gain would i have?

mikeoxford
12-02-04, 11:29 PM
you dont particulary gain from having a bottom end build. not in power terms.

only in the sense that a 100 bhp nova gte/gsi engine is probably thrashed and only putting out about 90 BHP for example. so a rebuild will give it its full potential of what is capable of.

a rebore lowers compresison.

you might get a litte more poke from an increase in capacity i can imgaine, but nothing to write home about.

would be worth doing to a tired old engine though

i paid ?180 for rebore and lots of other bottom end work including rebore, new pistons, fitting new pistons to conrods, new gudegon pins. all new big end little end bearings, crank polish, and more i cant think of right now. got all the receipts.

mike

mikeoxford
12-02-04, 11:30 PM
new rings and oil pump also

MC
13-02-04, 01:34 PM
A rebore raises compression.

MC

Will
13-02-04, 01:50 PM
you dont particulary gain from having a bottom end build. not in power terms.

only in the sense that a 100 bhp nova gte/gsi engine is probably thrashed and only putting out about 90 BHP for example. so a rebuild will give it its full potential of what is capable of.

a rebore lowers compresison.

you might get a litte more poke from an increase in capacity i can imgaine, but nothing to write home about.

would be worth doing to a tired old engine though

i paid ?180 for rebore and lots of other bottom end work including rebore, new pistons, fitting new pistons to conrods, new gudegon pins. all new big end little end bearings, crank polish, and more i cant think of right now. got all the receipts.

mike

thats cheap michael, friend of a friend?

peester
13-02-04, 06:26 PM
get cylinder head done; looks no different. b+ pack from bill is the top job.
i don't reckon youde need to tell insurance; at the end of the day its reconditioning a part. plus it paves the way for other mods; cam, exhaust etc to benefit furthermore.

Will
13-02-04, 06:30 PM
you shoulds tell the insurance as the 1mm bigger inlet valves do give a performance increase of 14-15% so yes thats an issue, whether u choose to tell them is totally up to you at the end of the day..........

mr mondeo insurance wont even know wot ur talking abt when u tell him you have bigger valves in your head, pmsl