PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

babybluegsi
11-02-04, 10:56 PM
My gsi is lowered 60mm on shocks and springs and it is a really REALLY stiff, hard, bumpy ride. From experience can anyone tell me if this is abnormal, are my shocks knackered or is it just the fact its decked 60mm. Unfortunately not sure wot make the suspension is.

peester
11-02-04, 11:15 PM
is the suspension new? maybe after some bedding-in time it'll loosen up a bit? is it quite old? or faulty? could be these things.
ive had my apex 35mm kit fitted today (which is -60mm kit basically) im finding it a bit mad; new rattles... kinda liked the smooth std. set up. but it looks ace, goes round a corner now and ill get used to it. maybe damping adjustable is the answer? koni? AVO? im having poly bushes all round fitted in a fortnights time then lastly front/rear strut braces; see how it feels then.

Jack
12-02-04, 09:03 AM
I remember driving my hatch after fitting the Spax RSX kit... even on the softest setting it was still rattling my bones apart, I thought I'd fitted it wrong!! Got used to it now though (even made it a bit more solid), as the advantage of going round corners like you're on rails is definately worth it!

nova_rally
12-02-04, 01:14 PM
When Will People learn that you cant lower a car on stiffened shocks and springs and expect it to be a lovely doft ride! I'll personally be extatic when I dont have to suffer bouncing around the road after the Apex kit goes on (-40m)!

As for rattles well, you have a stereo don't you?? :lol:

Alan

Ste_Nova
12-02-04, 01:30 PM
yup my -60mm jamex kit is bumpy... but most of the time it's made worse by shagged bushes/bumpstops/top mounts