PDA

View Full Version : Liverpool victoria

DUNOVA.
11-02-04, 01:09 AM
Ive heard so many people say that if you were to drop a 2.0 litre lump it would only cost an extra 50quid is this true or just a load of bo*l*cks Im with them now and if it's true then here comes another 2.0 nova on the road :D

Neil.
11-02-04, 03:07 AM
i think this may be true, as wen i was 19 i change to liverpool victoria and declaired all my mods, 1.6 engine conmversion from a 1.2i and air filter(this goes down as engine/carbourreta modifications, including the engine change, so they insure it as a 1.2i with engine mods) lowered, exhaust, tints, bodykit(only spolier but they put it down as bodykit) alloys. i was paying ?750 then, wen my renewal came up i asked them if they do engine conversions, they lady i spoke to said no, so i said how other people have got them and i know they have, she wasn't having any of it, so i phoned back straight away and spoke to a different girl, asked her the same question and she said, hang a sec and ill talk to special department about that, on came greensleaves and she came back and said that would be no problem, i asked how much my premium would go up by, she said non as i've already got Engine modifications, i then procedded to say about how it will be a different engine and ALOT bigger size ect, she said, ok ill double check, went away again and came back and said it would be fine.
After i picked myself off the floor and got the grin off my face i asked for this in writting, she said they haven't got anything they can send out as on my insurance certificate it says 'engine and carboureta moddifications', she did say to note down the date and time of the convo as they record ALL their convasations and it will be proof that she said it is fine to put a bigger engine(2ltr) in my car. She did say it doesn't limit me to just a 2ltr, it's for any engine, so it does give me ideas :D

So i was a happy bunny, renewal quote came through at ?573, 20yrs old with 1 yrs NCB.

God i just worte alot! sorry DU NOVA :oops:

2litreturbo
11-02-04, 07:26 AM
I'm with Liv Vic too. I went from 1.2 to 2.0 and it went up ?63 pounds. I am 20 with no no claims and two major claims. The last nova i wrote off, got the same again, chucked the smae engine in, and it went down ?20. How wierd is that?

Also, my job was on a building site. But when i changed to my 2.0 turbo i hapended to mention i now work in a bank and it went up 57 for the turbo and down 63 as they reduced the business use catergory. So i actually saved money by getting a turbo!

I think they have caught on to it all now though.

Jack
11-02-04, 08:41 AM
I've heard mumblings that if you're fully comp, they'll get funny - but as long as you're TPFT or TPO then they're fine with it.

Somebody rattle Will's cage... :P

Ste_Nova
11-02-04, 09:10 AM
fine for me....

2.0 16v and 1.4 8v both fully comp for under ?500

DUNOVA.
11-02-04, 09:11 AM
Im very very happy to hear that it's true my cars gettin picked up to go to the garage so im gonna get a price then woo hoo 2.0 litre ive been wanting one for a long time can't wait :D

NIN you must have worn out knuckle's now :lol:

2litreturbo
11-02-04, 09:19 AM
stu, will it be done for our cruise on the 21st?

Aragorn
11-02-04, 09:25 AM
im with them myself and it was the same idea for installing a 1.4

the problem is that if u crash it or it gets nicked the mods arent insured

this means if uve spend 5k on your car engine ice suspsension wheels etc and it gets stolen you get a payout based on a standard 1.0 nova merit or whatever your base car was not your mods

XZiBiT
11-02-04, 09:29 AM
stu just wants my title of fastest nova in town !! hey stu :wink:

2litreturbo
11-02-04, 09:29 AM
not true. I wrote off my 2.0 8v Jamacian Yellow (1.3) SR and they paid me ?1500 (less my 150 excess less 200 that i bought the car back for)

I waited at the bodyshop for the assesor and told him about all the mods, he ask "did you declare them?" and i said "yess" which i had. So he said i think ?1500 is a fair price.

DUNOVA.
11-02-04, 09:31 AM
Be about a month til I get the money together :)

Ste_Nova
11-02-04, 09:55 AM
the problem is that if u crash it or it gets nicked the mods arent insured

i just want a bit of paper to wave at the police... if i crashes then shit happens i wouldn't want to claim and risk my 8 yrs ncd

Chris
11-02-04, 10:02 AM
has anyone got a number for LV?

chappers1.3
i rang them up yesterday wanting change ma policy to insure this 2ltr 16v nova im gettin. 1 woman said yeah thats fine so i rang them back and the guy checked wi his manager and said no way!

what the hell is goin on there, andhow come its just me who cant get insured wi them?? its crap!!!!

DUNOVA.
Ive already got the fastest 1.3sr in town kept up with rob the other day from the lights but i'll give it to him I won't race him on a straight :twisted:

Ste_Nova
11-02-04, 10:04 AM
1 woman said yeah thats fine so i rang them back and the guy checked wi his manager and said no way!

why did you ring back???? if she offered it then take it!

Will
11-02-04, 10:15 AM
i rang them up yesterday wanting change ma policy to insure this 2ltr 16v nova im gettin. 1 woman said yeah thats fine so i rang them back and the guy checked wi his manager and said no way!

what the hell is goin on there, andhow come its just me who cant get insured wi them?? its crap!!!!

same story different day

*YAWN*

go with a company that actualy puts these words on your policy "engine capacity 1998cc" and "engine replaced with differnt model from same manafacturer" and "2.0 8v" or "2.0 16v"" or similar.

are you really happy driving around with 1.2i with engine mods and a 2.0 8v engine? if you are (yes i know u are ste) then fair enough :P

there still fuking doing this everyday, not one mother fuker there knows yes or not, neil himself said the first person said no the next said yes, i mean WTF, they shud have standard policys on this, u can have some ppl saying one thing and different ppl saying another (trading standards anyone) lmfao

the way you are paying is under the old/new system wotever which is the basse model insruance + 5% loading or mods of any kind, risky and dodgy as fook.

i drive a GSI so no engine conversion for me and i have 3 yrs ncb and will be 21 when i renew, so unless LV are ?500 to insure both my cars i wont be touching them with a barge pole.

Will

chappers1.3
11-02-04, 10:21 AM
coz i couldnt beleive my luck.

dont matter anyway now, they have made up there mind!

leave it in the garage 4 a while then try again!!!

Will
11-02-04, 10:23 AM
coz i couldnt beleive my luck.

dont matter anyway now, they have made up there mind!

leave it in the garage 4 a while then try again!!!

ring up 3 more times, 2 times will ay no 1 will say yes

Will

chappers1.3
11-02-04, 10:24 AM
good think batman, might just try that![/quote]

2litreturbo
11-02-04, 11:18 AM
http://www.liverpoolvictoria.co.uk/customer/protecting/motor/introduction.htm

0800 514 514

Chris
11-02-04, 11:33 AM
just tried to get a quote from them. they quoted me then i told them it was modified. he checked with his supervisor and she said no because they couldn't insure me on the original car the engine came out of, nevermind a nova. or well maybe try again tommorrow

chris

Will
11-02-04, 11:46 AM
please do, infact y not try again now due to the commical value it gives me, i shall keep an LV log and send them it some day

pmsl

Ste_Nova
11-02-04, 11:54 AM
shall keep an LV log and send them it some day

pmsl

no don't..... cause you may fuck things up for those of us who do get insured

Alex
11-02-04, 11:59 AM
LV are funny.
I got a quote for changing my 1.2i into a 1.6 and was told ?50 extra for the remaining 6 months of my insurance.
I thought that was good so did the conversion and rang them back to take tell them and to pay the money. I was told that they wouldn't insure me on my car now! After telling them that i was quoted for this conversion the woman went away and got her supervisor. He came back, pressed a few keys and clicked his mouse a couple of times and i was insured with my 1.6. He also told me that there was no extra to pay. It seems it all depend on who you speak to :?

Will
11-02-04, 12:01 PM
shall keep an LV log and send them it some day

pmsl

no don't..... cause you may fcuk things up for those of us who do get insured

lol there no email contact for them on their site neway still makes me laff, there under writers must be very lapse to let some thru and others not, i wonder what there real policy is, or more to the point what they THINK it is.............. colin? ;) pmsl

2litreturbo
11-02-04, 12:09 PM
yeah i was about to say, Colin Smith aka novarally? We could use your help with this one.

I take it you still work there?

Rgds

Ste_Nova
11-02-04, 12:55 PM
i don't see the prob....

you either get insured or you don't

if you don't then it's tough

if you do then be happy

don't get in a huff cause they won't insure you

essexrudeboy
11-02-04, 01:15 PM
Ive already got the fastest 1.3sr in town kept up with rob the other day from the lights but i'll give it to him I won't race him on a straight :twisted:

:D good boy! ill have ya nxt time! :wink:

Lee H
11-02-04, 09:34 PM
Wouldn't insure me on my GSi as it is "group 11 and you can't insure that until you are 25" (that was before i mentioned the 2.0 16v turbo thats in it).

Yet I can buy a 1.0 and stick a 2.0 16v turbo in it and insure it. :roll:

RJM25R
12-02-04, 12:17 AM
but if you are drivin around in a basic nova with standard paint and a valver slung in it, if it gets nicked/damaged etc. you're not as bothered as someone who has spent money, painted their car for example or had a retrim.... or a rebuilt LET etc

I understand Ste's point cos at the end of the day if it went tit's up it's only a grands worth of motor, and he could rebuild it into a shell himself...

But if you hillbillys who spend ?6000 on their nova and go with LV, don't expect all the money back!! Their underwriters obviously haven't got a clue if they're giving out wildly differing quotes etc.

What if they are just cutting corners, and maybe in the event of a major accident they declare you UINSURED by way of factual misleading, IE you didn't give enough info when you placed your order for insurance...??

It's happened before... hasn't it. Just ask Ian Storey. He did everything they asked but when he had his claim they started fucking him around

(a different insurer, NOT LV!)

LV are OK at the moment, but once they get a couple of big claims...... we'll see!

Bear in mind insurers don't ever WANT to pay out. If they can pin the blame on someone else they are laughing. You could have a reliant robin with a concorde engine and if it's someone elses fault they'll pay out (cos they get the money back plus expenses off the other guy's insurers!)

Each to their own eh?!??!!! I'll probably stick with Greenlight. They're not cheap but they sorted both my (non fault) claims quickly.

I wonder how they'd have been if it was my fault??

Aragorn
12-02-04, 01:08 AM
the folk on the fone are the issue

you will find that if u just phone up and enquire half the staff will check and half will just say yes

if u asked for the policy they NEED to request permission from the underwriters and its them who make the decision

they will NOT insure some 19year old on a 2litre turbo simply becuase its insane

however IF the underwriters deem it an acceptable risk u will only pay a small price over the standard cars premium as it goes down as "engine mods"

if your worried then tape the phone call or summat and that way uve got some evidence IF they try to shaft u over

RJM25R
12-02-04, 08:23 AM
Yes but a recorded telephone call is inadmissable unless you TELL them that they are being recorded.

I think it's been pointed out that they only let you do the engine mod thing if you are TPFT/TPO hence they only ever get a claim if it's someone else's fault

Another thing to remember, if your car is damaged/destroyed by an uninsured driver (or say a TWOC) you CANNOT claim from the MOTOR INSURANCE BEAURAU (WHO PAY OUT FOR UNINSURED LOSSES) If you are TPFT or TPO

THEY WILL ONLY PAY OUT FOR PERSONAL INJURY AND LOSS OF EARNINGS!!!!!

And best of all, if there is any dispute about mods/speed etc. they pay you NOTHING!

I know about this cos my missus had a fiat uno turbo and she was TPFT, got hit by a van that drove away and had false plates on. It turned up fired a few miles away, her uno was destroyed and she got cock-all.

She claimed from MIB and luckily had declared her alloys, they tried to get out of it you see, and got ?1500 whiplash and ?250 scrap for the car! Nice!

2litreturbo
12-02-04, 08:33 AM
they will NOT insure some 19year old on a 2litre turbo simply becuase its insane

I was insured on a nova 20LET with LV at 19. All mods declared and it was ?1100 fully comp. All mods are listed on my policy and it states 'turbo conversion'

Ste_Nova
12-02-04, 08:54 AM
I understand Ste's point cos at the end of the day if it went tit's up it's only a grands worth of motor, and he could rebuild it into a shell himself...

It's happened before... hasn't it. Just ask Ian Storey. He did everything they asked but when he had his claim they started fcuking him around

(a different insurer, NOT LV!)

i would never claim anyway.... not worth risking my 8yrs ncd for any car under 5k

ians insurer was flux

Ste_Nova
12-02-04, 08:55 AM
I think it's been pointed out that they only let you do the engine mod thing if you are TPFT/TPO hence they only ever get a claim if it's someone else's fault

i'm fully comp on both my cars.... both with mods

RJM25R
12-02-04, 08:58 AM
i STAND CORRECTED STE.....

James1
12-02-04, 10:17 AM
Do you not have protected NCB

Ste_Nova
12-02-04, 10:50 AM
Do you not have protected NCB

yeh i do... but it makes no difference

"hi i've got 8yrs ncd"