PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 16v conversion experts

Ojc
09-02-04, 04:14 PM
Right got my engine etc and its all ready to go in, minus a few bits and pieces.

I just want to check to see if you guys had to do this also?

The engine that I've got is an X16XE out of a Tigra and has PAS.

I asked Andy Hamilton on CorsaSport about removing the PAS as I know he has done it to his X16XE to save weight, this is his reply.

You simply have to unbolt the PAS pump and pulley system. Unfortunately, the pump housing also forms part of the engine mount, so you'll need a front driver's side mount for a non PAS 1.6 engine. They're pretty cheap though - about ?17 and you save tons of weight that way. You'll need to check though whether you can use this in the Nova chassis. You'll also need to find a shorter alternator belt. R u using the 1.6 alternator fitted as standard? if so, you'll find that a PK6 880mm belt should fit nicely, though it's a matter of experimenting. I take it this is for the Nova?

Ste_Nova
09-02-04, 05:15 PM
bin the whole lot.... use a nova mount

Ben
09-02-04, 05:32 PM
^^^ditto^^^

Have you got the ECU, Tansponder and correct key as well.

The X16 XE is a lot more fiddly than the C16 XE but still not that hard as long as youve got everything ready.

Basically you need this combination...

Nova engine mounts
F13 or F15 Gearbox
Nova GSi tank and pump
corsa GSi top radiator hose
Nova GSi driveshafts (normal will fit but i would go for the gsi ones)
either the corsa/tigra alternator and pulley or the nova belt and pulley. (my personal choice is the Vee belt corsa/tigra one as these are better alternators imo)
Tigra car key, iginiton trnasponer and ECU matching set (transponder dosent matter hugely as is basicallya signal amplifier as long as the key and ecu match you should be ok.

If possible take the ignition barrel out the tigra as this should fit in the nova assembly and that way you can fit the immobiliser system as it was on the tigra.

ollster
09-02-04, 11:11 PM
ive got a c16xe ecu, loom, inlet manifold and exhaust fro sale if thats any use to you mate. I have also got the metal part of the engine mount for the front of the block aswell.

Ben
09-02-04, 11:25 PM
So have i :lol:

Dicko
10-02-04, 01:27 AM
not quite ben. loom is still mine till u pay 4 it ;)

be warned switching to the nova alt setup is more work than people make out ;)

dont forget ull need to sort out an exhuast

Ben
10-02-04, 05:01 PM
not quite ben. loom is still mine till u pay 4 it ;)

You said ity was a present :?

Barn
10-02-04, 07:40 PM
what is the difference between X16XE and C16XE and C16SE?

Will F
11-02-04, 09:16 AM
X16XE is the later Ecotec version of the C16XE, with EGR crap etc and is 106bhp, 3 down from the C16

C16SE is the Nova 8 valve effort.

2litreturbo
11-02-04, 12:46 PM
and a bloody good effort it was too!