hh strengthening kit welded in
powercap
kn
new timing belt kit
engine ecu wiring loom gearbox accel cable clutch cable

Ben
09-02-04, 06:07 PM
A big hammer :!:

Make sure your gte shafts are the 22's and not 28's.

gavmc18
09-02-04, 06:45 PM
a BIG HAMMER?

Ben
09-02-04, 10:59 PM
Unless you are moving the alternator to a front mounted position and changing the belt system completely- Yes a large hammer :lol:

Neil.
10-02-04, 02:13 AM
are the 16v alternator's sat further out then 8v ones?

a2lt16v
10-02-04, 10:18 AM
well you got most of it . good that you got the stitch weled engine bay too. but have you thought about getting a nova as they prove quite useful :lol:

geordie_racer
10-02-04, 12:19 PM
heres a quick guide i wrote on roybacer.co.uk the other day for what is needed and whats involved it covers everything i think but isnt over complicated

Bulding A Valver Nova - A Beginners List

Parts Needed
1 Nova(Pref Injection But Any Will Do)
Valver Engine
Valver Gearbox(or any other big block gearbox f16 or above)
Valver Ecu
Both Valver Wiring Looms(engine bay and ecu)
Nova GTE Driveshafts(22 inner splines)
Mk2 Cavalier 1.6 big block inner cv's(roughly 88-89 cav)
Suitable engine/gearbox mounts(my recommendation is brian from valvers.com at ?40 for the 2 needed there a bargain and do the job excellently, or you could reweld the existing mounts into the correct positions or buy some expensive pvd/cossvaux/whoever mounts that are no better than brians)
Early 'square' type valver airbox(this is preference as it means the bulkhead/airbox wont need adjusting)
Nova GTE Radiator(again this is non essential but prefered a normal nova rad would do)

If a carb nova the following will also be required
injection feul tank
injection fuel lines
injection fuel pump(must be from a mpi vauxhall ie. nova sri/gte/gsi or most mk3 astras)(also required if the nova was a spi 1.2 or 1.4)

Tools Required
hammer
crowbar
socket set
spanner set
couple of screwdrivers
welder(for strengthning the engine bay, do all joints/seams with stitch welds leaving roughly an inch in between)
block of wood
way of removing engine(be it engine crane or skateboard to whel it out from under the car)
timing light
wire cutters/strippers
soldering iron or connector blocks
insulation tape
torque wrench
2 jacks
axle stands or other suitable support(front wheels covered in bin liners if desperate)

other things that will be required
5l of antifreeze
5l of oil
new oil filter
new fuel filter
new cambelt for valver
gearbox oil
wd40
tea
beer
good girlfriend for support
parents or girlfriend for any required running round town etc.

other points to consider
If not using a early 'square' type airbox on the valver either, the airbox will need cutting down to suit and glued together again, or using the block of wood in between you will need to hammer the bulkhead back until there is sufficient clearence for the airbox
The clutch hole will need bending down slightly to prevent the cable rubbing and snapping
Clearence for the alternator may be tight use the wood/hammer method above to adjust the drivers chassis leg until clearence in suitable(or if ur a fancy sod get the angle grinder and welder out and make a nice little box section in the chassis leg)

think that covers all the basic points required and what parts are also needed, if anybody else can think of something ive missed then let me know,

the whole post is here

http://www.roybacer.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=1160&st=0

chris

chris

gavmc18
10-02-04, 07:54 PM
got the nova its a gsi cheers everyone for the replies