PDA

View Full Version : Flash Flash your nicked!

Nova_Bud
08-02-04, 06:53 PM
everone nos some1 with a shre fire way to beat the GATSO rap but whats the truth?

IF YOUR CAUGHT: if the cam flashes 2times it means u have set it off you now have a 1 in 7 chance that the cam had film in it and that a NIP(notice of intended proscuition) is on its way to the regsetered keeper of the car if you dont get this within 14 days you got away with it. if it come through after this u have a good reason not to pay cos its late u might have to write a letter and if you do be polite

CAN YOU SAY IT WAS ANOTHER DRIVER?: by law u have to name the driver if you know who it is cos if u dont u will be lieing and the courts can find u guilty of "criminal dacecption"

CAN I REFUSE TO NAME THE DRIVER?: if your not 100%sure who the driver was say so, as you need to be 100% cos u are nameing some1 for a crimanal proscution

SHOULD YOU ASK FOR PHOTO EVEDENCE?: yes! this is your right many cases are droped cos this evedence can be incorrect or inconclueive. to simply accecp the charge make life easy when the pic arriver check the date and time if theise are wrong you can prove u was someplace else your clear! it is also not unheard of for pic to go missing in the post and with pout this supporting evedence the autherites cant continue their charges

WHAT HAPPENS IF I DONT SIGN THE NIP?: this is a new lophole in the law and will soon be closed. get some1 to compleat the form for you but leave the leave the drive ID not signed as a unsignd NIP cant be used in court the can send it bk to you as many times as they want and you can return it unsigned every time untill they give up

THE BOTTOM LINE!: if u have been caught tho and you have a clean licence take the 3points and ?60 fine on the chest cos if you do contest the ticket and the court dont go your way the penatily could be a lot worse!

(info from "two wheels only" mag march 2004)

Ben3042
08-02-04, 06:58 PM
Yawn :lol:

XZiBiT
08-02-04, 07:05 PM
i heard the best way to avoid the fine is to pay by cheque and pay ?1 more than the fine is they cant cash the cheque because its more than the fine thus they never cash it you dont pay :lol:

scott.parker
08-02-04, 07:09 PM
XZiBiT
thats true,and it works.. :lol:

mikeoxford
08-02-04, 07:33 PM
no it dosent

the only time i have been fined in the past is ?30 by the police. on a fixed penalty notice

i sent ?31 off in the post, instead of the ?30, and they cashed the cheque but only took ?30. i dont know how they did it, but they did. they never sent me a pound back etc

mikeoxford
08-02-04, 07:34 PM
PS i went rhough a cam the other day :oops: :roll:

it flashed twice. but the two cameras are known by the public that they have never worked. they been there 2 yrs plus.

its never flashed before. if you checkout the gatso site on the internet even that tells you they are fakes.

whats the chances......?

scott.parker
08-02-04, 07:36 PM
wher bout are they?

mikeoxford
08-02-04, 07:38 PM
on the a45 coventry road between birmingham city centre and the airport.

Ben3042
08-02-04, 07:51 PM
Whats that gatso site called mike?

RJM25R
08-02-04, 08:39 PM
It's up to 12 weeks for NIP peeps....

Jack
09-02-04, 09:45 AM
I thought about trying to get out of it by saying i wasn't there when i got done once. Because, well I wasn't. At the time i was supposedly speeding i was sat at home on my arse watching telly. I know because i was late for meeting my (at the time) g/f from work in Bath :) (hence the slight exessive use of speed - the camera van was all packed up and moving off by the time i went by it)

Problem was I had no way to prove I wasn't where the police said i was when they said I was, so had to accept the fine - wasn't going to risk court to argue it and face a bigger fine.

Second time i saw a copper in Taunton on the side of the road with a laser gun. Was overtaking this slow as fcuk micra so i didn't see the policeman. Snooper goes beserk as i come out in front of this micra, suddenly realise i'm doing 60 in a 50 (ooooops). When i got back to work the next day i changed my time sheet so i could say i was at work when i got laser-ed.... *ahem* you didn't hear me say that... but i didn't hear anything more about it, no NIP or anything.

dan_mk1
09-02-04, 01:04 PM
Problem was I had no way to prove I wasn't where the police said i was when they said I was, so had to accept the fine - wasn't going to risk court to argue it and face a bigger fine.

shouldnt you have asked for photo evidence??

Jack
09-02-04, 01:13 PM
Well i asked to see the evidence, but the bloke in the magistrates place behind the counter (yes, there was even a cash register there!!) said it'd be ?60 or so to do that! And mumbled something about it having to go up as an appeal/court thing if that was the case.... :?

Anyway, apparently he said there wouldn't be a photo (as it wasn't a gatso)

dan_mk1
09-02-04, 01:14 PM
sounds like you got shafted fella!

Jack
09-02-04, 01:15 PM
sounds like you got shafted fella!

Yeah tell me about it... although the ear bashing i got from my g/f for being late was much more painful lol :roll:

Ste_Nova
09-02-04, 02:09 PM
lol if u gonna get caught do it properly :lol:

m56 to m6 sliproad

110mph

from slip road to lane 3 in one go

all caught on camera in t5......

and i got away with it :P

DUNOVA.
09-02-04, 04:01 PM
[IF YOUR CAUGHT: if the cam flashes 2times it means u have set it off you now have a 1 in 7 chance that the cam had film in it

They don't have film in them they the shots go straight to a computer works a bit like cable television.

scott.parker
09-02-04, 07:59 PM
DU NOVA

well this i strue but only on the new digital ones,the old style analogue ones they stil have a film in them that needs to replaced when it runs out...oh and if just so every one knows if you go towards a analoge camra over the speed limit they will not go off.(going towards makes it read twice as fast) e.g 40mph if it was reading your speed going towards would be read as 80mph...this is the truth..and when i see analogue cams facing me i dont bother slowing down! oh but be warnd if your not sure on what cam it is stick to the limit! :lol:
but then none of ever speed do we?? :lol:

srs1
09-02-04, 08:16 PM

m56 to m6 sliproad

110mph

you must have good suspension there ste, there a little bump as you come out of that bend joining the m6. well thats if your going south down the m6?

?Marty?
10-02-04, 01:10 AM
half of these so called 'get off free' advice doesn't work at all.

dothe people who come up with it ever actually take test it out themselves? do they fuck!

yes there are loopholes, but for every loophole there is to get off from something, there's another one to get you done too.

something may work once, but it's usually never or VERY rarely repeated.

Jack
10-02-04, 09:12 AM
if you go towards a analoge camra over the speed limit they will not go off

I thought it was because they're not allowed to flash in your face because its considered dangerous?

Some monkey was speeding the other day on the 303 going towards me, course muggins here just happened to be looking at the camera at the time... that blinded me for a good few miles :o

Ste_Nova
10-02-04, 10:06 AM

m56 to m6 sliproad

110mph

you must have good suspension there ste, there a little bump as you come out of that bend joining the m6. well thats if your going south down the m6?

yup i took the racing line and did a lane change over the bump :lol:

2litreturbo
10-02-04, 12:02 PM
[quote="scott.1off"](going towards makes it read twice as fast[quote]

Not true. It uses the doppler effect. It you are travelling away, it reads your spead as 40mph.

If travelling towards it reads it as -40mph as the frequency shift is in the opposite direction but it will still flash. But you cant get prosecuted (not for speeding) because the flash distracts the driver and two many people wont court cases. You can get done for dangerous driving if you overtake something travelling towards a camera as the picture clearly will show you are on the wrong side of the road.

Ste_Nova
10-02-04, 12:18 PM
You can get done for dangerous driving if you overtake something travelling towards a camera as the picture clearly will show you are on the wrong side of the road.

i do 90-100mph though a camera every tuesday... it never flashes when facing you.. overtaking or not

2litreturbo
10-02-04, 12:57 PM
well then it depends on the camera cos i did 70 thru a 40 camera towards it and it flashed. No other cars about

?Marty?
10-02-04, 01:53 PM
You can get done for dangerous driving if you overtake something travelling towards a camera as the picture clearly will show you are on the wrong side of the road.

i do 90-100mph though a camera every tuesday... it never flashes when facing you.. overtaking or not

same here.

2litreturbo
10-02-04, 05:18 PM
some do flash when your going towards them because they have flsahed me. And if they do, and you are overtaking, and they prove how fast the other car was going, you CAN be prosecuted.

scott.parker
10-02-04, 08:59 PM
well like i said it's the type of cam!! HELLO...
and i can tell you for a fact that the one's im on about are of the analogue type and going toward they read it twice the speed,and NEVER EVER HAVE THEY GONE OF!! i dont know about the one's you talk of so carnt comment,you like wise..and i did say if you dont know what type of cam they are DONT SPEED... :|

LiD0N
10-02-04, 11:14 PM
got done by a red light camera for goin through 1 second l8.. camera didnt flash tho :S but got 3 points and ?60 fine woohoo

scott.parker
10-02-04, 11:17 PM
Ah well them fuckers are a dif matter hey...lol
well could of been worse you could of been hit by another car! :o

2litreturbo
11-02-04, 07:04 AM
well like i said it's the type of cam!! HELLO...
and i can tell you for a fact that the one's im on about are of the analogue type and going toward they read it twice the speed,

If they read twice your speed, why dont they flash? Even if you were doing the speed limit if what you are saying is true, then they should flash. They dont because they dont read twice your speed. I will send you pages and pages of data on how they work and the error correction and stuff they use like that. The doppler shift does not depend on direction, it is a change in distance over a given time (0.5seconds). Its like if i give you ?5 and you give me ?2 then that is a difference of ?3. But if you give me ?5 and i give you ?2 then that is still a difference of ?3. And i have been flashed going towards an analogue camera as believe it or not, the digital cameras are quiet rare at the moment. They are using them on motorways mainly where it is impracticle to change a film.

Also this might prove interesting - Front Facing Cameras! With Infrared flash so they dont distract the driver!

http://www.essexsafetycameras.co.uk/news04_frontal.htm

Jack
11-02-04, 08:54 AM
got done by a red light camera for goin through 1 second l8.. camera didnt flash tho :S but got 3 points and ?60 fine woohoo

I think traffic light cameras use the Infra Red speed cameras, so wouldn't flash, and some use relays in the road so can't be picked up by radar detectors.

Anywoo... Is it possible for one camera to catch two cars at once? I was overtaking a car last night - I knew the camera was there so i backed off, but he kept going. I'm 99% sure i was doing 60 or under (unless my speedo under-reads lol) He was a bit ahead of me and going a litte faster, camera goes off as we both go past it.

I'm assuming it was the other car that set it off as he a) got there first, and b) was going faster than me by a tiny bit. But if i was going a few miles over the limit, is it possible for them to prosecute both cars? I mean will the camera work out the speed of both cars with one shot? Or will it only figure out the speed of the first car?

2litreturbo
11-02-04, 09:20 AM
the camera will calculate the speed of the largest reflecting material usually the one that it closer. But they can prosecute both by using the lines on the road.

Aragorn
11-02-04, 09:31 AM
why would u overtake someone heading into a camera you knew was there?

unless of course u were street racing in which case its your own fault if the cam catches both of you

and even if it DID only trigger on him you would be seen on the wrong side of the road doing a similar speed and by the look of it accellerating for an overtake so they could prosecute you too for dangerous driving if they wanted

Jack
11-02-04, 01:15 PM
why would u overtake someone heading into a camera you knew was there?

Because he was doing about 50 to start with. Just as i came to overtake he sped up tho, hence why i backed off.

you would be seen on the wrong side of the road doing a similar speed and by the look of it accellerating for an overtake so they could prosecute you too for dangerous driving if they wanted

And it was on a stretch of dual carriageway, so I wasn't on the wrong side of the road or anything. As i was going slower the camera ought to show that, if it lines my car up with the markings on the road compared to the other guy.

unless of course u were street racing in which case its your own fault if the cam catches both of you

I don't condone street racing... I'm not an idiot. like I said, he was doing 50 on a dual carraigeway so I went to overtake; then he sped up. And besides, it was a 2.0 Passat which my car couldn't even touch (my dad's had two so i know what kind of power they have) even if i wanted to try!! :)

Ste_Nova
11-02-04, 01:58 PM
like I said, he was doing 50 on a dual carraigeway so I went to overtake; then he sped up.

i love doing that im my 1.2i badged nova

scott.parker
11-02-04, 09:58 PM
well lets put it this way,you can have a check if it is pos..there are two dig cams on the Alcester Rd A46 alcester to stratford upon avon....and these dig cam do work and they go of facing toward or away,i dont speed on this road,well not where the cams are,but have seen one go off toward a driver,they flass once only, and it looks a purple color....then later on down this road there is to more bettween Alcester and studley(A small place call Coughton A435,now her is to old cams,when driving toward(there on the other side of the road) they never flash or do jack no matter what your speed!..may be just them..who knows.........
But i must say they work fine if you go through them when there on your side the road and they get the back of ur car... this is what i was on about,so if anyone wishes to check for the cams i talk of now you know wher they are.. :)