PDA

View Full Version : My cars loom

Rick Draper
08-02-04, 06:06 PM
Been working on my cars engine loom today, Ste came up to help me and we started getting it all ready. It now has most of the conectors on just need ths the injector ones fitted and needs fitting in the car to decided the lengths of some of the final wires.

Here are some pics from during the day.

http://uploader.co.uk/images/bay1.jpg

http://uploader.co.uk/images/bay2.jpg

Shud now finish the rest of the car off then fit the loom and finish it off when i can roll the car around. Rick

Now with smaller pics!

dan_mk1
08-02-04, 06:11 PM
that engine bay looks awsome :D

Ben3042
08-02-04, 06:20 PM
Respect to you mate, your mental :D

How much have you spent on that engine now?

Rick Draper
08-02-04, 07:05 PM
Engine has cost about ?5.5k including the new management, new turbo, manifold, pistons and the cost of the standard let engine. Rick

karl Rowntree
08-02-04, 09:42 PM
LOL! That second picture looks familiar rick. Good luck with finishing it mate and i cant wait to see it out and about this year :wink:

When are you planning to get it on the road, and any plans to get it to the shows this year mate?

Nath
08-02-04, 09:44 PM
looking good m8. keep up the good work

Rick Draper
08-02-04, 10:53 PM
LOL! That second picture looks familiar rick. Good luck with finishing it mate and i cant wait to see it out and about this year :wink:

When are you planning to get it on the road, and any plans to get it to the shows this year mate?

Yep all going well it shud be at the shows this season, just need to get it going then i can ship it down the bodyshop for some work then it will almost be done :lol: :lol: Aiming to have it almost roadworthy in 2-3 months as there is no point rushing it.

How is yours looking now karl? Any chance of some pics of your fuel hose route in the back arch? Rick

2litreturbo
09-02-04, 07:28 AM
How much work is involved in fitting the intercooler? What needs cutting and what bumper can you use afterwards? What intercooler is it and do you need to buy extra pipes or can the exisitng ones be used?

Ta

Jim
09-02-04, 08:17 AM
that engine bay looks awsome :D

Looks a mess if you ask me :P But I'm sure Rick will sort that ;) Keep us updated Rick, looking forward to seeing it on the road.

Dare-devil
09-02-04, 08:29 AM
Sweet m8..

Keep us posted of the progres. :D

Ste_Nova
09-02-04, 08:52 AM
loom looks good rick :lol:

so1o
09-02-04, 10:33 AM
Coming along nicely!

Rick Draper
09-02-04, 12:23 PM
How much work is involved in fitting the intercooler? What needs cutting and what bumper can you use afterwards? What intercooler is it and do you need to buy extra pipes or can the exisitng ones be used?

Ta

Intercooler was custom made and now i fancy a bigger one! But will wait till i have the turbo on to decided what to do (Anyone want it!). Had to get the front pannel cut flat so it would sit nicley with the front bumper. Pipe work is all samco bends and stainless pipe for the time been till i get some stainless mandrel bent pipes made up. Rick

dan_mk1
09-02-04, 12:52 PM

Ta

Intercooler was custom made and now i fancy a bigger one! But will wait till i have the turbo on to decided what to do

a bigger intercooler?! are you crazy! any bigger and it would be the car! people would just see a huge intercooler driving down the road! :lol:

2litreturbo
09-02-04, 12:52 PM
well if you sell your intercooler let me know. Most interested. As long as you can talk me thru what you had to do to fit it.

Rgds

Rick Draper
09-02-04, 01:57 PM
Ok will let you know what is decided with the intercooler, its likley to be a few months yet. Rick