PDA

View Full Version : Magnex System

wisewood
05-02-04, 04:05 PM
The missus has just taken the GSi to have a magnex exhaust system fitted... just wondered what people thought of magnex.

I reckon they are quite good, but obviously everyone has opinions about different manufacturers.

Jim
05-02-04, 04:06 PM
no offence, but whats the point in asking for opinions if shes already gone to have it done? lol :P

wisewood
05-02-04, 04:12 PM
well i was gonna ask tomorrow as the plan was i ask on here and we go together to get it done on saturday but i think she must have been bored and gone to get it fitted. lol

never really heard anything bad said about them, just want some comments to print off n show her to prove i am right and they are good stuff lol.

known a few novas with em on and they sounded quite nice, not sure about performance etc but she is only really bothered about getting the right noise from it anyway to be honest :lol:

Jim
05-02-04, 04:18 PM
well i was gonna ask tomorrow as the plan was i ask on here and we go together to get it done on saturday but i think she must have been bored and gone to get it fitted. lol

Ahh, typical inpatient woman :roll: :P :wink:

I've not really heard anything bad about them either. However, a lot of the time it comes down to where you get it fitted. Last thing youwant is an exhaust knocking on the chassis - very annoying!

Jules
05-02-04, 04:23 PM
Magnex are fine, second best stainless system you can get off the shelf imo (Second to Mongoose - but that's just my opinon).

wisewood
05-02-04, 04:30 PM
Well my missus being from wrexham she knows several people working at Demon Tweeks and gets a discount from them as she has been there so often for stuff (originally to use her mates staff discounts lol).

She aint the sorta person to drive away and put up with knocking from shoddy fitters... she'd be straight back in to slap em about a bit n get it re-fitted lol.

Anton
05-02-04, 04:50 PM
mongoose are awesome, truely awesome. mmm mongoose, agh..

.... i believe i have just came :lol:

wisewood
05-02-04, 04:52 PM
lmfao i mentioned a mongoose to her a couple of times actually, not sure she really liked the sound of it as much as magnex. (the sound of the name i mean lol).

Will
05-02-04, 04:58 PM
magnex are not loud but since when did a loud noise give u any actual power, magnex are good i have a magnex system on my project car

wisewood
05-02-04, 05:02 PM
i've done well so far - her 1.2 she has still got dumped behind the flat has a peco bb4 back box on it which she loved so getting her to buy a magnex system is good going i thought!! lol

Will
05-02-04, 05:04 PM
why is it dumped, sell it for ?S

wisewood
05-02-04, 05:07 PM
no tax or MOT on it... needs some welding and the rear arches need replacing. i wouldnt mind getting it sorted once the whole house moving thing is outta the way etc but doubt we will, probably just get rid of it for a few pence in a few years time lol.

Fester
05-02-04, 05:14 PM
Magnex are fine, second best stainless system you can get off the shelf imo (Second to Mongoose - but that's just my opinon).

Either are very good though, you won't go wrong with the Magnex

why oh why did i buy a powerflow

Fester
05-02-04, 05:15 PM
Quote to back up my opinion :D

benji
05-02-04, 05:16 PM
i had a magnex back box on mine and i liked the way it sounded. not too loud but still loud enough. i sold it to a guy off this site called shane, i don't know what he thought of it.

wisewood
05-02-04, 05:17 PM
just got a text message - looking at strut braces now. OMP or Sparco?

:D

Jules
05-02-04, 06:54 PM

why oh why did i buy a powerflow

A question that I've asked myself many a time as well my friend - I feel your pain!!!
:evil:

dave.gsi
05-02-04, 07:47 PM
magnex are supposedly at the quiter end of the market.

quality stuff but not huge noise

scott.parker
06-02-04, 12:04 AM
well i have said to mate of mine,why did you go for powerflow?he says cus i like the look of it......
so is powerflow just a custom system for looks and not a power mod??? this dose need to be adressed,they look and sound good but lest face it magnex and mongoose are for the performance are they not? :?

Ben
06-02-04, 12:44 AM
Will bought 2 x brand new Magnex systems off ebay when i was in Thailand, i think he paid ?50 each for them, magnex were selling off all there old stock so have stopped making the Nova systems.

Luckily we got one each for our cars :lol:

jkhilton
06-02-04, 01:04 AM
I had a full magnex exhaust on my nova. It sounded great and looked good aswell.

it didn't knock and to be honest I have nothing bad to say about it.

John

Mark
06-02-04, 06:35 AM
just got a text message - looking at strut braces now. OMP or Sparco?

:D

Pretty much the same :wink:

?Marty?
06-02-04, 01:24 PM
I had a mafnex full system on mine too, but sold it as after i got my car 'kitted-up' it didn't look right anymore.

Very good exhaust, more for performance than for sound. Sounded quiet when idling or 'normal' driving, and it got louder when the revs built up. But the sound was very good, rather than a raspy noise from pecos and the like.

I dont like Mongoose, only because the name sounds ridiculous to me. lol Mong and/or Goose? No thanks. lol

Zak16v
06-02-04, 08:39 PM
I have a full magnex on my gte engined nova, with a diffrent back box of my choice on it, sounds amazing, fairly loud but not too loud, you actually hear the induction kit form inside the car mostly but according to peeps ive drove past on the m-way and up the town it sounds really powerfull!

I can make a sound recording of it if you want?

I am also goin to c+c zorsts this week to get one silencer emoved from it so ill see what effect that has on it!

GTE-RACER
06-02-04, 08:47 PM
I've gotta Magnex on my GTE and love it :-) Makes a nice growl :-) And after abit ov racing it seems 2get louder, which is nice lol...

bubba1
06-02-04, 10:40 PM
ive got full magnex non cat on my sri the only bad thing is the tail pipe design it looks like one of those add on pipes u can buy for ?5.

its not to loud certainly better than a peco!

Ben3042
07-02-04, 10:06 PM
The only thing that seem to let the magnex exhaust systems down is that everywhere i look the only style of tailpipe i seem to find is a 3" round one, A bit to boring for my liking.

Neil.
08-02-04, 02:38 AM
Where can i get a magnex system from, do i buy it then get a place to fit it? will ned one for my 2ltr 8v.

Snowface
08-02-04, 10:40 AM
I have a full magnex on my gte engined nova, with a diffrent back box of my choice on it, sounds amazing, fairly loud but not too loud, you actually hear the induction kit form inside the car mostly but according to peeps ive drove past on the m-way and up the town it sounds really powerfull!

I can make a sound recording of it if you want?

I am also goin to c+c zorsts this week to get one silencer emoved from it so ill see what effect that has on it!

Make a sound recording of it. I've got one of mine. It has a powerflow Back box and 4-2-1 1.4sr manifold. I'll try find it.

Zak16v
08-02-04, 12:11 PM
Where can i get a magnex system from, do i buy it then get a place to fit it? will ned one for my 2ltr 8v.

Im selling one just now mate, few months old ?70 ono

Ill make that sound recording and put a link up to it tomorrow ;)

krobinson
08-02-04, 01:42 PM
I have a magnex system. My tailpiece didnt look 100% so i had it changed to a powerflow one for 50 quid...

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/rear.jpg

Mark
08-02-04, 02:08 PM
STOP IT Keith - Everytime you post a pic of your car I think damn I wish mine looked like that! - It's depressing me.

wisewood
09-02-04, 10:06 AM
Well its all over and done with - fitted beautifully and sounds really nice.

At idle its almost silent and just purrs sweetly but when you put your foot down and give it some it really comes alive and sounds really nice.

The 3inch round tail pipe is the only one they did for the nova gsi kit so thats what we have, but it looks really nice!

Went for an alloys Sparco strut brace on Saturday afternoon in the end - fitted it yesterday morning... looks quite nice... not sure about practicality and how its affected the handling beacuse to be honest neither me or the other half drive hard enough very often to warrant having one on there lol.

Cheers for the advice though people! nice one.

Now if anyone wants to add some RAM to their computer, i have a bit for sale lol.