PDA

View Full Version : Info Plz

SKoob
05-02-04, 09:51 AM
Well i have just renewed my car insurance on me 1.3SR and its a year since i passed me test :) , I asked them for a quote on a 1.6GTE and they said they couldn't give me a quote as its group 11 insurance :o. Are there any other 18 year olds on here that drive GTEs? if so who ya with and how much?
Thanks in advance :wink:

Ben
05-02-04, 10:17 AM
There are a few, try HIC they will only do it if you have 12 months driving experience.

I have had 3 quotes for me or friends of Liverpool Victoria lately and i am thinking they have put there prices right up.

Aidrian Flux are still by far the best for me and offered me insurance on a group 18 car yesterday wich other companied couldnt even quote me on.

Will
05-02-04, 11:11 AM
There are a few, try HIC they will only do it if you have 12 months driving experience.

I have had 3 quotes for me or friends of Liverpool Victoria lately and i am thinking they have put there prices right up.

Aidrian Flux are still by far the best for me and offered me insurance on a group 18 car yesterday wich other companied couldnt even quote me on.

you have to be 19+ to be insured with HIC, 12 months driving exp as well i think not 100% on that.

LV prices have gone up imo, but ill still give them a bell when i try get a good deal in May for my cars.

group 18 car? LET of discription?

Ben the amount of cars u deal with ever thought abt trade insruance?

will

Breeny
05-02-04, 12:58 PM
Just ring around mate, you can get insurance on anything at any age if you try hard enough.

Let me know if you sell the SR if you do get a GTE, I know someone who will be interested :wink:

Anton
05-02-04, 01:09 PM
i was 18 on a gte :D

Nath
05-02-04, 02:00 PM
i will be 18 on a GTE. got a quote off liverpool victoria in my mums name with 1 years no claims for ?800! not bad seems as im paying ?800 on a 1.2 at the minute!

Dpnova
05-02-04, 05:39 PM
Its not worth that nath cos u aint getting ur own no claims and its illegal :o but you might aswell have so fun while you can

epo
05-02-04, 06:30 PM
i was 18 on a gte 2 i was insured with cis
600 notes tpft

Will
05-02-04, 08:29 PM
an acutal gte or converted to 1.6 engine 1.2 or similar?

cis wont touch above group 10 till 25

epo
05-02-04, 08:32 PM
r kids insured on a cosworth look alike now a group 12 with cis

they never said owt like that 2 me and ive always bin with cis

hendrix
05-02-04, 08:45 PM
I get absolutely raped for my SRi insurance, its 870 quid per year on me dads. Thats with no no-claims and because we claimed for me 1ltr and that it was never found. SRi insurance went up 260 quid from initial quote and i only got 250 quid claimed :o .
My gf got quoted on Norwich union for 560 on her own on the same car. :roll:

epo
05-02-04, 08:51 PM
i pay an extra ?15 with cis and get all me no claims protected as ive got full no claims now

Nath
05-02-04, 09:09 PM
why is it illegal denny? the insurance bloke never told me it was illegal. plus my mums freind works for CIS and he never said anything about it?

Dpnova
05-02-04, 10:34 PM
cos she aint ever gonna drive the car not sure the exact reasons behind it but im someone (WILL) will know

Gazza14SR
05-02-04, 10:35 PM
r kids insured on a cosworth look alike now a group 12 with cis

they never said owt like that 2 me and ive always bin with cis

Ive always been with cis too, well for 2 yrs anyway. I think they're reasonable prices but also excellent customer care. And dont seem to mind paying out over the odds too!

Neil.
06-02-04, 04:06 AM
20, 1yrs ncb, 1 year with LV, renewed insurance with 2ltr engine, ?573 Fully comp :D

Jack
06-02-04, 08:31 AM
I think they're reasonable prices but also excellent customer care. And dont seem to mind paying out over the odds too!

*cough cough* customer care my arse *cough cough*

CIS were nothing but trouble for me... they never seemed to get my premium right (then would either refund or demand more)

..then the guy at the office told me my bodykit made no difference to my policy, just put it in writing so they know what you've done and how much its worth. Did that. 2 month later, letter from head office: "due to modifications we've put your car up to a group 6 [for a 1.2!!!] please pay us ?75 extra. We want it yesterday."

Cheeky! I told them exactly where they can shove that charge... :evil:

Not to mention having the policy in the wrong name and the wrong car on it for 6 months... and then trying to charge me to change it!!

Ahh well, happily insured both my novas with HIC now (for a heck of a lot less than CIS, all mods declared)

Jack
06-02-04, 08:33 AM
cos she aint ever gonna drive the car not sure the exact reasons behind it but im someone (WILL) will know

I think the person who has the policy in their name must be the main driver of the vehicle or something...

Nath
06-02-04, 10:09 AM
my mum uses the nova sometimes, and when i had my fiesta and wrote that off i got alot more money off CIS than i paid for the car. because the accident wasnt my fault. and they said its fine for me to use the car. ohh and the policy at the minute is in my mums name with 'any other driver'

Ste_Nova
06-02-04, 10:43 AM

depends if it's her only car

Will
06-02-04, 11:00 AM

yes, its insurance fronting, givng the false idea that your mum will drive the car more than yourself by her being the policyholder thus reducing your policy.

"well prove it" i hear you say, yes thats fine. driving the car most of the time is deemed at 51% or greater.

Right you own a nova 1.2 / SR wotever i dont care, your mum owns lets say a focus or similar. you crash and claim, insruance will talk to ppl. it has been known that they will hire a private investigator who will talk to friends family, neighbours and yes they will confirm YOU drive the car everyday and they have never seen your mother drive it.

Right it might seem like im laying down the law and trying to tell you not to do it, 17, 18 yr old insurance is a joke, i was udner my dad for my first yr its as risk, if u must claim be aware of the risks involved, its a safer gamble to be TPFT in this case.

Will

Will
06-02-04, 11:06 AM
my mum uses the nova sometimes, and when i had my fiesta and wrote that off i got alot more money off CIS than i paid for the car. because the accident wasnt my fault. and they said its fine for me to use the car. ohh and the policy at the minute is in my mums name with 'any other driver'

ahhhhhhhhh teh legendary any other driver with there permission policys, every1 at college had them in parents name, LOL

they are a lot more expensive than they used to be

when i was 17: 1.2 sting with mods under my dad without any NCB (as they were used on his car) ?360 for the year any driver with his permission, lmfao dodgy as fook :lol: :lol: :lol:

will

Nath
06-02-04, 11:19 AM
its fine for me. my mum hasnt got her own car and uses my dads. its the only way i can afford to insure my car anyway.

Jules
06-02-04, 11:39 AM
Taken from a post on MigWeb forums:

Liverpool Victoria have changed their mind on modifications

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just been having a look on Scoobynet and someone mentioned that Liverpool Victoria have changed their minds on insuring cars with modifications, so checked out their site and lo and behold (look at the bit in bold):

Motor Insurance - Quote & Buy Online

We cannot insure:
Motor cycles, vans, pick ups, minibuses.

Cars which have not been manufactured for the UK market e.g. Japanese imports.

Cars which have performance enhancing modifications.

Cars which are used abroad for more than 180 consecutive days.

Cars which are in excess of ?100,000 in value.

Cars that are registered and normally kept outside of mainland United Kingdom,
the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands.

Drivers outside the age range of 17 and 79.

You, if you live in Northern Ireland.

Non mainland UK residents.

Ste_Nova
06-02-04, 11:43 AM
well i have to renew mine on 1st of march.... lets see what happens

Will
06-02-04, 11:59 AM
thats to do with online quotes online, all plcaes asy that on there online quotes CIS and Norwich union included yet they do insure mods :P

Ste_Nova
06-02-04, 12:09 PM
:lol:
Please call us on 0800 514 514:

If you have an existing Liverpool Victoria motor insurance policy.

Nath
06-02-04, 12:13 PM
well im safe aslong as they dont class a backbox as a performance part lol

Ste_Nova
06-02-04, 12:13 PM
well im safe aslong as they dont class a backbox as a performance part lol

of cause they do you fucking muppet!

Nath
06-02-04, 12:17 PM
but why? its not increasing any power?

Will
06-02-04, 12:31 PM
a sticker is a modification, lowering a car doesnt make it faster but it bothers a lot of insurance companys :P

backbox might give u 1bhp as well ;)

lol

Nath
06-02-04, 03:11 PM
wow really one bhp! lol i wish, my nova is now dead anyway soon to be selling it for spares i think. picking up a SRI on monday hopefully.