PDA

View Full Version : buffing up

totalnova
04-02-04, 11:55 PM
im sure im not the only 1 on here who has a flame red nova thats faded am i right? wot i want to no is can i buff it up and get it to a newish looking paint so its shiny, i have t-cut it (very hard work by hand) is it worth getting one of those ellecy buffers you no wot im on about I HOPE and will take make any difference? if you guys have any ideas TELL ME lol thanx :lol: :wink:

krobinson
05-02-04, 12:36 AM
t-cut and alot of hard work should bring it up. If not, a local bodyshop may be able to mop it?

Keith

totalnova
05-02-04, 12:40 AM
how much do you think it will cost because ive been down the t-cut route and im abit of a perfectionist and want it to look like new and would prefer a pro to do it

Jim
05-02-04, 09:35 AM
Probably best to go round a few bodyshops and quotes from them. Can't see it costing that much. I think Ade has had his mopped, might be worth PM'ing him.

Ben
05-02-04, 10:35 AM
Offer someone a cash bribe for doing it, i am getting a Red GSi i have mopped for ?20 by a guy who works in a bodyshop.

In the past i have T-cut'd and polished red cars and got the shine right back up, depends how much work you put into it.

One thing with mopping them make sure they know what there doing and dont get the aprentice to do it as can screw the paint right up if done incorrectly.