PDA

View Full Version : My new brakes!!!

krobinson
04-02-04, 08:12 PM
Nice 288mm v6 Vectra. Along with the rear discs it should have pretty impressive stopping power. Not that i have any mad power to stop :lol:

http://img13.photobucket.com/albums/v37/keithrobinson/v6_brakes.jpg

Big thanks to Vaux-MD Developments :D

Keith

XZiBiT
04-02-04, 08:19 PM
:o wow there huge :o

Barn
04-02-04, 08:33 PM
How much they set you back mate?

they look quite big on a vectra...never mind a Nova....nice....lol

-Bruce-
04-02-04, 08:45 PM
they look massive lol they will stop u well!!
how much? :lol:

djp_y2k
04-02-04, 09:13 PM
ok ok no need to rub it in. you have ur brakes and im still waiting.

They look very nice. Should help no end. :D

krobinson
04-02-04, 09:19 PM
I got the calipers from a smashed vectra for 40 quid. And the 288mm discs, pads and spigot rings from Vaux-MD for 90, but the postage was a savage 40 quid to NI. Would be much cheaper to you guys!

Keith

Neil.
04-02-04, 10:11 PM
what calipers u got? how much was it for it all?

I've got 2ltr cav GSI callipers, whats biggest discs i can get?

dave.gsi
04-02-04, 10:22 PM
nice :D

slight overkill for a 1.3 though lol :lol:

Dare-devil
04-02-04, 10:40 PM
Very nice m8

Ben3042
04-02-04, 11:05 PM
Have you changed the servo or are you using the 1.2 one?

Look good btw :D

krobinson
04-02-04, 11:07 PM
nice :D

slight overkill for a 1.3 though lol :lol:

U can never have to big of brakes ;)

Keith

krobinson
04-02-04, 11:08 PM
Have you changed the servo or are you using the 1.2 one?

Look good btw :D

Still 1.2 one, its not essential that i upgrade it, so i probably wont.

Keith

karl Rowntree
05-02-04, 12:14 AM
Ive just ordered a set of these keith from v-tuning along with a few other bits. Cost ?200 for new calipers disks and pads. Going to get the disks drilled and buying a set of pagid blue pads. Pads are ?140 though :o but atleast it will stop this year!

Going for a set of rears aswell just to be sure.

Nearly wrote my car off into the back of a porsche GT3 at donnigton last year as my astra 16v set up died after 2 laps!!! Could of been expensive.

krobinson
05-02-04, 12:28 AM
I'm going to have a chat to some local engineering firms about getting my fronts and rear's drilled! But i've heard it could work out expensive! Have you got a rough price to get your's done karl?

I was lucky, my v6 calipers came off a vectra with 11,000 miles on the clock, so there in pretty good order!, and my rear's are new.

I'm getting word back on a job working for a new car shop in town. Its gonna be an autofactors, sell alloys, sell and fit bodykits, preformance mod's (exhausts etc) and a big Ice section. And if i get the job i'll be able to get things at cost price! Anyone want neon washer jets cheap? :lol:

Keith

totalnova
05-02-04, 12:32 AM
me me me i want sum please lol oh and i want a flashing gear knob as well to put in my saxo i mean nova lol :lol: :lol: :lol:

elgan
05-02-04, 12:38 AM
hmm, ive fancied them for a while, the look the bollax under the speedlines, next best tihng to 4 pots and such!

vectra v6 calipers the same as omega v6's by any chance?

if i bought 2nd hand calipers, new pads and new 5 stud disks, could i get the disks redrilled to 4stud safley?

also where did the spigott ring fit?

Jules
05-02-04, 01:04 AM
Have you tried the brakes yet? I know that when I fitted mine the pedal went to the floor everytime and no amount of bleeding would cure it, a few handy phone calls later (Cheers Andy Bishop and Nick Caro) and it was all sorted, it's the bar that links the pedal arm to the rest of the mechanism - it can be adjusted there.

XZiBiT
05-02-04, 09:40 AM
lol my mates got a pulsar he had willwood 4 pots and 305mm drilled and grooved disks qa week later hit someone up the arse :D

karl Rowntree
05-02-04, 06:30 PM
Havnt got a price yet mate, got to try and find somewhere to do it in the midlands. Any idea on prices for me and keith anyone??

When you say your rears are new, did you buy new callipers etc if so were they from vaux mate and how much?

Good luck with the job mate hope you get it. Then the mods can start again hey :wink:

Lee H
05-02-04, 08:06 PM
Have you tried the brakes yet? I know that when I fitted mine the pedal went to the floor everytime and no amount of bleeding would cure it, a few handy phone calls later (Cheers Andy Bishop and Nick Caro) and it was all sorted, it's the bar that links the pedal arm to the rest of the mechanism - it can be adjusted there.

Thats strange, I had absolutely no problems when i swapped mine to V6. Swapped my mates to V6 for him as well recently and that was a straight swap.

krobinson
07-02-04, 08:45 PM
Havnt got a price yet mate, got to try and find somewhere to do it in the midlands. Any idea on prices for me and keith anyone??

When you say your rears are new, did you buy new callipers etc if so were they from vaux mate and how much?

Good luck with the job mate hope you get it. Then the mods can start again hey :wink:

Nope they are reconditioned calipers from a motorfactors. But they are geniune, just recon'd. If you can get a old set, take them in, they cost around 60 quid to swap. I think vauxhall would be alot more!

Keith

AnThoNYnOvA
07-02-04, 09:16 PM
your car engine is not big engoted to drill them there is no need :o all the drilling is to let cold air through to cool them down

karl Rowntree
07-02-04, 09:44 PM
Go do 30 laps of donnington and tell me you dont need to drill the disks! :lol: Hence the v6 set up, drilled etc.

krobinson
07-02-04, 10:08 PM
your car engine is not big engoted to drill them there is no need :o all the drilling is to let cold air through to cool them down

Just because i dont have a valver, doesnt mean i wont use my brakes as much as someone with one!

Keith

AnThoNYnOvA
07-02-04, 10:11 PM
lol i was just think that the v6 would do the job v good , i dont think the drilling gonna change it that much unless u do wat karl said nd race lots

krobinson
07-02-04, 10:15 PM
lol i was just think that the v6 would do the job v good , i dont think the drilling gonna change it that much unless u do wat karl said nd race lots

But having them drilled looks bloody awsome too!

Keith

novax
07-02-04, 10:22 PM
Glad you're happy with them Keith, Mine are cross drilled but it's not needed on a Nova, just looks cool. Got some more discs and calipers now so need to get busy with that this weekend.

karl Rowntree
07-02-04, 10:37 PM
Ive never 'lost ' my brakes on the road, i previously had 16v set with standard discs pads etc. Did 2 track days this year and within 2 laps of each i had no brakes, which is a bit scary when your doing 120 mph up the arse of a gt3 porsche! :o :lol:

Hopefully this set up should help. Pads play a very big part though as these tend to glaze over very quickly hence why ive spent alot on pads aswell. Hope its all worth it.