PDA

View Full Version : vauxhall 2l 16v wid 45'z

the nos boy
04-02-04, 08:08 PM
how can i fit a vauxhall 2l 16v to mi nova is it gonna be pretti differcult i want to safe a lot of money and spend on modz so i am gonna try and do it myself

wat will i need to change on my sri

will webber 45'z go on or will 40'z be better

what modz does these engine go well with

engine forced air induction camz ??????????!!!!!!?

cheerz for any help peepz

cheep up der modz on ya novaz
:D :D :D :D

Ben
05-02-04, 10:45 AM
I will try to reply to what i think the question is.

Firstly with regards to fitting the 2.0l 16v look in previous posts as it gets answered very often. Yes you can do it yourself with a little patience. Others on here may be prepared to help if your local to them.

You would want to fit twin 45's if you want carbs as twin 40's will be more restrictive than the standard injection system.

I would recommend fitting the engine in its standard guise to start with and then when all is in and fitted correctly then start to think about modifying the engine as when you start modding these engines it starts getting very expensive.

Another option it to buy the engine thn just keep hold of it then collect mods for it then rebuild it and fit it once complete, depends on your personal opinion.

You will be advised to stitch weld the engine bay before fitting although this too is personal choice as many dont bother.

Also you can either knock the chassis leg in to make clearance for the alternator or have a front mounted alternatro but someone else will need to advise on this as its not an option i know much about.

With regards to mods, remember things like cams are expensive for these engines as there are 2 of them. There are plenty of bits for sale on various sites but they get bought quickly due to the amount of people owning these engines.