PDA

View Full Version : Fitting turbo on C16se

Ste_Nova
04-02-04, 04:00 PM
:twisted: got an offer of a c16se late spec dispac and no afm out of a gsi... i want to turbo it on the cheap... anyone got any pointers? does the ecu run off a map sensor due to no afm? so i should be able to attach the filter direct to the turbo?

Ste_Nova
04-02-04, 04:28 PM
come on peeps.... answers needed

Ste_Nova
04-02-04, 05:51 PM
:? techincal section my ass :x

Snowface
04-02-04, 06:04 PM
paitence. Most people don't come on till evening.

Stuart
04-02-04, 06:18 PM
read the two or three previous "turbo a 1.6" posts :p lol

geordie_racer
04-02-04, 06:32 PM
i agree with cambridge go read the old posts, there are loads i must have answered this question loads in the last few weeks, theres a post on rb that ive answered about this aswell,

basically the cheapest setup would be,
t2 turbo(r5 gt turbo)
twin headgasket and spacer plate(sbd)
5th injector and controller(demon tweeks)
intercooler(rs turbo)
oil cooler(r5 gt turbo)

then you would need a few pipes and fabricate your own manifold/exhaust setup very easy for you ste im sure, the gsi will use a map sensor yes. then you'll also need to fabricate oil pipes etc, but nothing im sure you couldnt manage

that lot i would expect to come in quite cheap really depends on how cheap you get hold of the turbo as the other parts usually go for peanuts

chris

NovaNeil
04-02-04, 06:34 PM
Get one of those MF2 controller things (Made by the company that make Aquamist) Then buy a 5th injector and map sensor..... Hey presto, the standard ECU runs the car as if it was normal and the MF2 provides all the extra fuel the Turbo needs based on the boost pressure. costs around ?500-?600 for gear including Map sensor and Injector.

Spoke to Courtenay about it last year. Its quite do able, and they've done it on a few Corsa Turbos apparently

nova16v_turbo
04-02-04, 06:50 PM
i agree with cambridge go read the old posts, there are loads i must have answered this question loads in the last few weeks, theres a post on rb that ive answered about this aswell,

basically the cheapest setup would be,
t2 turbo(r5 gt turbo)
twin headgasket and spacer plate(sbd)
5th injector and controller(demon tweeks)
intercooler(rs turbo)
oil cooler(r5 gt turbo)

then you would need a few pipes and fabricate your own manifold/exhaust setup very easy for you ste im sure, the gsi will use a map sensor yes. then you'll also need to fabricate oil pipes etc, but nothing im sure you couldnt manage

that lot i would expect to come in quite cheap really depends on how cheap you get hold of the turbo as the other parts usually go for peanuts

chris

hes right thas what i got cost a packet tho :x

Ste_Nova
04-02-04, 10:06 PM
only issue i see is that the car has no afm? :?

intercooler etc aint a prob got a standard let one same for pipes

same for oil cooler

get cheap from tweeks so can get injector thing

Ben
04-02-04, 11:02 PM
Ive got variopus AFM's or map sensors if you need anything ste give me a shout.

beghy
04-02-04, 11:29 PM
oi ben do u have any nova GTE injection loom, dis(female pin) and inlet manifold. hold on let me get to the point have you got a nova GTE (E16SE) or nova GSI (C16SEI) injection setup e.g. afm,loom,dis & inlet?

Ben
04-02-04, 11:45 PM
yes

beghy
04-02-04, 11:57 PM
which one do you have E16SE or the C16SEI(non cat) and how much do you sell them for?

novashed
05-02-04, 11:06 AM
i got a complete E16SE setup you can have, pm me to discuss

Ben
06-02-04, 12:17 AM
I have all the below...

C20 XE (2.0l 16v)
C16 XE (1.6 16v)
E16 SE (1.6 8v)
C16 SE (1.6 8v)