PDA

View Full Version : God damn fords

Philsutton
02-02-04, 02:00 PM
About 3 months ago i bought a ford capri as a run around but it has had nothing but problems a very unreliable car. Today was the end of all my suffering though as the throttle cable snapped as i pulled out of a junction, thing was a truck was coming lucky it didnt hit me really.
Anyway i managed to get it up on the kerb(slightly) and had to walk home to get some tools to fix it. I got back about 30mins later an the god damn police had towed it away. As the car was f**ked and it was going to cost well over a ?100 to get it back i told to keep the thing. If i had stolen the car an left it in the same place the police wouldnt have touched but because it mine they felt the need to ruin my day.
Let this be a lesson to you all never trust a ford because their all out to kill you.

Mel
02-02-04, 08:43 PM
lol..i dunno whether to say unlucky for losing ur runabout, or thank f**k, cause its a ford :lol:

jkhilton
02-02-04, 10:34 PM
I've got a mate that pumped in the region of 2 or 3 grand into his capri, he had it reshelled into an X-pack shell, with all sorts of light weight parts, but at the end of the day it was only a 1.6 and was slow as fcuk!!! it was fun in gravel carparks though.

It's gone the same way as yours now though I think, been scrapped.

John

scott.parker
02-02-04, 11:03 PM
do not get me started i use to owen an xr2i and it broke down every week,but when it was running it was dam fast! :D

Philsutton
03-02-04, 05:32 PM
every week, if it started in the morning i was happy. Anyway ive just brought a bmw 3 series as a run around instead hopfully it will be more reliable than a ford . Never going near a ford again. I would get a nova as a run around but i know i wouldnt be able to leave it alone.

Snowface
03-02-04, 06:51 PM
let them keep it, it costs getting on for ?100 to scarp a car (properly (legaly)) nowadays.

epo
03-02-04, 08:15 PM
ive never had a problem with fords the older 1's r piece of pish 2 work on my whole familys always had em
ive broken away ho and gone on 2 vaux
but i dont mind fords

darren
03-02-04, 08:57 PM
Ultimate run about car is the Nova!

Cant understand why anyone would buy a Capri?! Please tell me you wern't sober at the time u bought it? lol

Ben3042
04-02-04, 12:21 AM
let them keep it, it costs getting on for ?100 to scarp a car (properly (legaly)) nowadays.

:o Fuck that its about ?20 here!

Ford = Found on Rubbish Dump :lol:

~~joycey~~
04-02-04, 06:12 PM
my sisters fiesta has just blown the headgaskit pile of shit

ford= Fixed Or Repaired Daily :lol:

Slatter
04-02-04, 09:16 PM
Well get hold of a banger racer near you ... they will pay YOU 50quid for it no problem.... at least down here they would

scott.parker
04-02-04, 10:06 PM
ford" forever on ramps dead!"