PDA

View Full Version : ne1 had this problem?

Wiggie
01-02-04, 03:36 PM
my nova used to have lovley boot relese on it- it was never stiff. i have used my home made boot pop on it for about 2 months with no issuses at all. then the day after the big freeze its stuck solid.

iv taken the panel off the inside of the tail gate(from the inside of the car :evil: ) and detatched the solenoid. after tuggin iv tugged ont he release bar as hard as i can and it still wont open it!!!

any ideas lads?

Mark
01-02-04, 03:40 PM
Get someone to puch on the boot while you relase the catch..

Wiggie
01-02-04, 03:41 PM
have tried this.

Mark
01-02-04, 03:51 PM
Unscrew it and then fix it.

Wiggie
01-02-04, 03:52 PM
....tried that...but you need it open to gt to the screws

Mark
01-02-04, 03:56 PM
I thought you could get to the three holding the lock to the boot?

Wiggie
01-02-04, 04:06 PM
2 face the chassis and there is very little room to put any of my tools. GRRR im gunna fekin break sumit soon! im not in the mood for this sh*t!

Mark
01-02-04, 04:07 PM
WD40 and leave it.

Wiggie
01-02-04, 04:08 PM
yeah worth a try i spoze. arse just as im half way through my install as well.

spraying in progress......

Mark
01-02-04, 04:10 PM
You need to get a camera Wigz and start putting more pics up. :wink:

Wiggie
01-02-04, 04:17 PM
lol iv got over a 1000 pix ...i used to be snappy happy b4 my comp died...now i just cant find the energy to install the software ect. i will start the photos soon though. thing is every bodys seen it all b4 anyway

Mark
01-02-04, 04:18 PM
Don't mean they don't wanna see more though. :wink:

srs1
01-02-04, 06:56 PM
i aint seen it you miserable sod! lol

as for the boot release, try a hair dryer on it. may be it's froozen solid. no idea otherwise!

Wiggie
01-02-04, 07:54 PM
lol. sorted that propblem now with thanx to ryan (my brother) he spent the time swizling the screws out. problem turned out to be a screw that had dropped down in to the lock mechanism. sorted now. fewww!

Wigz

pix of the instal will be posted soon :wink:

Wiggie
01-02-04, 07:59 PM
may i jus add...... i tw@ted my self rather hard in the head with a pair of gripps when getting violent with the bar.
lesson learned = dont try to fight a nova :!: ull get hurt :!:

Wigz

Jordi
01-02-04, 08:16 PM
had a similar thing on dads vaux cavelair (sp?) this morning, booot stuck shut, dad yanked it hard enuff to get it open. Maybe its common, my mini has been fine tho

Wiggie
01-02-04, 08:24 PM
nah turned out to be a screw m8...my bad! lol

how come you on NL with a mini jord?

i take it you know the lady her self Ashleigh then? :lol:

Wigz

Jordi
01-02-04, 08:28 PM
i had a nova for 2 days.....and yeah, she showed me this site a long while ago n i been posting since then, i like the muppet corner mainly, so i keep checking for fun stuff.

Wiggie
01-02-04, 08:49 PM
lol fair play m8. got your mini featured?

so it was Ash that infected you with Novaload!

Jordi
01-02-04, 08:50 PM
i did have, just updated pics for todays work.

http://www.reaperproductions.com/index.php?file=mini/day2

See link for before n after pics of today.........yeah it was, i just here for the advice :p

Wiggie
01-02-04, 09:05 PM
prety smart. dosnt look liek theres too much rust. i dont get the b4 an after bit. whats it after.....a clean?

lol
you actuly drivin it yet? gunna do anything else to it?
wigz

Jordi
01-02-04, 09:10 PM
Before n after cleaning outside and engine. Some parts off engine where stripped down, so we cud bleed clutch, adjust valves and tappits and such.... The before pics was this morning when i got up and after was before i came in from outside.

I am 17 on 17th of feb, then its fast course + test afew week later (if i got enuff cash together, otherwise its seperate lessons n months for a test date)

I want sportspack arches for it, some nice 10 or 12" alloys. I am on look out for new panels (if anyone know any stores, lemme know). Theres slight rust around front headlamps and under front n back bumper, surface rust which can be sorted. Its had a new rear subframe, standard mini exhaust and some other bits. It needs some plating on left wheel arch front and a track rod end for front left.

I checked out ure nova, nice to see a original looking one, i cant stand plastic things which look like spaceships!

And before u ask, i always wanted a mini and the nova was 5dr so i got dad to give it away!

badnova
01-02-04, 09:16 PM
how did you make your homemade boot release wiggie

Wiggie
01-02-04, 09:26 PM
yeah i was tempted to use a mini for a project. but i went off the idea after a while. my b4 and after pix are what it looked like (at the bottom of my feature )and most recent at the top.

wigz

Jordi
01-02-04, 09:30 PM
yeah my webby needs sorting out, i just banged em up atm. will do it after college one night.

This home made boot realse sounds handy, cud be used on my mini bonnet i think.....got any pics or advice?

Wiggie
01-02-04, 09:38 PM
i did it becaus ei took the lock out of my boot and i had a spare solenoid from when i put central locking in. y would you want to use a solenoid when you already have a cable system in there?

its fairly simple you just need to slap the solenoid sumwhere sturdy and directly in line with your releace catch. its best to use a rod. but a cable might be able to work. i dont really know how youd do it .your best off just looking at it your self and thinkin about it.

wigz

thats one of the things i didnt photograph i dont think there was eneugh light.

Jordi
01-02-04, 09:41 PM
Atm, theres a catch u realse in front grill and a catch under bonnet which u then press in. Solenoid is a clever idea, done electronics so shouldnt be too hard to wire 1 up, thanks!

Wiggie
01-02-04, 09:43 PM
its a good idea to use a timed relay to avoid buring out the solenoid. however i never bother, i put put it on a switch from live. just goto make your you dont hold the button for too long. :wink:

Jordi
01-02-04, 09:44 PM
lol, thanks for that, i never even thought. Got some bits to do before i start bits like that, and insurance to find.