PDA

View Full Version : Update on the beast (Updated 15/02/04)

red_devil
31-01-04, 04:59 PM
Well its been an expensive month so far..

Astra Headlights
Astra Slam Panel and Light Surrounds
Front Cross Member for a 1990 Nova

and paying off my mum and dad for the Harry Hockley gears means basically i'm skint... but the good new is that nearly everything is ready for fitting up and the astra front should be ready to be welded up by tomorrow night... i'll take a few pics but there won't be alot to see until i modify the bonnet...

Basically gonna keep this open as an updates page so if anyone could make this a sticky i'll try to keep u guys informed weekly on the progress

Also the Civic 03 Taillights are gonna be in asap and i think the mig sets gonna need a few extra spools :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE - 15/02/04

Well my welder comes 2morrow morning and i'm now on a 2 week holiday to get some work done on the nova...

I've got the front end sorted with the headlights goin in and mending the Bat 2 Front bumper...

The rear is getting some attention with the civic 03 tailights and smoothed tailgate... now what spoiler should i go for???
I'm also blending in a Scooby numberplate recess on the back bumper...

Also what side skirts should i blend to the bottem on mine???

Any ideas then please post

Cheers guys

Dare-devil
31-01-04, 09:48 PM
Well its been an expensive month so far..

Astra Headlights
Astra Slam Panel and Light Surrounds
Front Cross Member for a 1990 Nova

and paying off my mum and dad for the Harry Hockley gears means basically i'm skint... but the good new is that nearly everything is ready for fitting up and the astra front should be ready to be welded up by tomorrow night... i'll take a few pics but there won't be alot to see until i modify the bonnet...

Basically gonna keep this open as an updates page so if anyone could make this a sticky i'll try to keep u guys informed weekly on the progress

Also the Civic 03 Taillights are gonna be in asap and i think the mig sets gonna need a few extra spools :)

Peace out and hopefully Mr Payne u'll be able to come up soon and have a look at the progress

Sweet.. Can't wait 2 see some pics of it.. :D :D

Neil.
01-02-04, 01:52 AM
chris never told me you were doing all this??????

~~joycey~~
01-02-04, 01:12 PM
thats gonna be heavy mate :wink:

red_devil
01-02-04, 01:58 PM
Update :

Its goin well 2day... already got cross member ready for welding in...

The Astra Lamp panels are in ready for the centre section to join them for the bonnet catch...

All in all a good mornings work and i think u'll all love the finished result

djp_y2k
01-02-04, 02:39 PM
No turning back now.

Glad to see everything is under way.

Will have to come up soon to have a look at the beast.

scott.parker
01-02-04, 02:56 PM
sweet whitch civic rear lights are they? and they sound like fun to fit :D

red_devil
01-02-04, 04:01 PM
They're the Altezza Retro 3D Honda Civic 2003 Tail-lights

I've got a picture on my feature

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=838

gonna order a new mig set and mask 2morrow and should have that by nextweekend so it'll all get welded then and i'll start on the bonnet and wings to fit the lights after that[/url]

scott.parker
01-02-04, 05:09 PM
nicw one! :D keep us posted..

skud52
01-02-04, 08:45 PM
sounds good mate, cant wait to see the pics

Ben3042
01-02-04, 11:10 PM
:o Sounds like its going to be mad mate

Cant wait to see the pics :D

red_devil
18-02-04, 11:26 AM
Well its been updated but has sat in the middle of the heep on here :p

just to let u know... i'm looking for some cheap sideskirts that can be blended into the existing ones... and a nice sized spoiler

Neil.
19-02-04, 11:24 PM
PICTURES FLETCH, PICTURES!

red_devil
23-02-04, 12:52 PM
Another Update boys... i've added some pics to my feature of the progress with the headlamps...

All the chassis work is complete and its just a case of messin around with the headlamps possitioning and welding the slam panel in.. then tidy it all up and start with the bonnet and wings to shape to the car...

bit behind with the pics but when more work is done i'll post some more

red_devil
25-02-04, 02:26 PM
Just another update for those interested

I'll have some pics of the drivers side wing which is getting fibreglassed 2morrow.. (started 2day but not much to look at)

And i can get the drivers side light in now so i'll let u have some pics asap

Dpnova
25-02-04, 02:49 PM
Good on ya, i saw a pic of a nova yesturday with flipped astra morretes in looked mental

red_devil
25-02-04, 03:31 PM
ooooh ooooh show show... need to see this pic... i'm finding it hard to imagine mine finished coz its in so many bits...

So post that pic asap

olly55
25-02-04, 03:55 PM
its the car K was in process of building, the lights lookd amazing

Dpnova
25-02-04, 04:58 PM
yep ur right olly i was at his work shop yesturday, it looked mad, big old 20" wheels and flipped morrettes, it looked crazy

red_devil
26-02-04, 11:25 AM
well can u tell me where the out edge of his lights fitted??

i'm extending my arches out slightly to capture my lights as i wanted them ultra wide but its alot of hassle with fibreglass :p

luckily i'm working with fibreglass wings so they shouldn't crack (touch wood)

Dare-devil
26-02-04, 11:57 AM
its the car K was in process of building, the lights lookd amazing

Was it not PUG 206 front light's.??? :|

Dpnova
26-02-04, 12:02 PM
No there were astra lights

staffychance
26-02-04, 12:44 PM
this sounds like a lot of work, hope it looks sweet when finished mate, and yeah get some oics up as soon as poss.

red_devil
29-02-04, 01:55 PM
Just been doin abit more work shaping the driverside wing into the lamp... its abit of a bind with all the fibreglass everywhere and i aint got too much space...

I promise pics will come soon but it looks a mess atm so i don't want to bother.. should be ready for a quick prime up next weekend and then a flat off to show any bad spots... then its a case of finish off the welding then shape the drivers side of the bonnet... then start on the passenger side

Hopefully gonna mend my front bumper (Bat 2) but do u think theres another bumper that would look any good??

djp_y2k
29-02-04, 04:14 PM
sounds like its coming along. Will be cool to see some pics :D