PDA

View Full Version : Road tax?

DUNOVA.
31-01-04, 11:37 AM
Went to get my road tax because it runs out today but the post office would accept my card :( and I have'nt got a pin number,is it ok to drive for a couple of days without tax??????cheers.stu

locky
31-01-04, 01:31 PM
Dont think so! its all on computer now!

Stuart
31-01-04, 01:57 PM
umm i heard (possibly a rumor) that if its a day late they will litterally rape you for it? like an 80 pound fine, but it drops to 40pounds if you pay within 2 weeks

bear in mind that this could be pish, but i havnt had good contact with english news in a long time lol

Adam
31-01-04, 02:03 PM
Yeah that is right, if your car hasn't been taxed the dvla computer database automatically issues a fine to the registration plate, which would be your car, its a fine of ?80

dan_mk1
31-01-04, 02:57 PM
i thought you get a 17 day period or summin?
i dont know, on the advert it says its all listed on database now

Nath
31-01-04, 04:27 PM
nope the day after your tax runs out is when u will receive your fine. its ?80 but if u get road tax or sign it as a sorn with in 14 days the fine is reduced to ?40

Euan
31-01-04, 04:49 PM
my car hasnt been taxed since october(not been on the road with it!!) and i've not registered it at sorn and havnt heard anything from them at all.

XZiBiT
31-01-04, 04:59 PM
you will :o

DUNOVA.
31-01-04, 07:12 PM
What will the police do if they stop you and your tax is out of date..

Jim
31-01-04, 07:36 PM
Went to get my road tax because it runs out today but the post office would accept my card :( and I have'nt got a pin number,is it ok to drive for a couple of days without tax??????cheers.stu

I take it thats suppose to say
wouldn't accept my card :( I thought post offices onlay accepted cash or cheque for car tax payment?

According to the new system you will get a fine on your doorstep and possibly points on your license if the police catch you (dont hold me to that though).

Ste_Nova
31-01-04, 08:02 PM
What will the police do if they stop you and your tax is out of date..

they won't..... cause the dvla computer will allready know about it

no sorn or no tax = fine

you could have got your tax on the 16th of jan... why didn'y you?

Euan
31-01-04, 08:52 PM
cus i dont drive the car and havnt drove it now for a year come in febuary.

my tax ran out in october last year. wasnt goin to re-new it as i new it was gonna be off the road for a while.

when i did drive the car (for lessons) it was always taxed/motd and in legal condition!!!

what i'm saying is i just havnt reported it as sorn.

badnova
31-01-04, 09:02 PM
if i was you i would do a sorn document a.s.a.p
u will get fined soon i would bet u any money
the fine will be ?25
not alot but could go towards something else than just a fine

Ste_Nova
31-01-04, 09:06 PM
what i'm saying is i just havnt reported it as sorn.

well u better do it now or expect a fine

epo
01-02-04, 09:17 AM
it pishes me off buyin road tax mines due next month and so r lasses
?200 and the roads round here are in a right shite state

especially the m181 it feels like its got speed bumps on it

but ill pay it need both cars and dont want a fine!

~~joycey~~
01-02-04, 12:14 PM
init my mates and that are always killing alloys cos of fucking potholes bastards :evil:

DUNOVA.
01-02-04, 01:11 PM
you could have got your tax on the 16th of jan... why didn'y you?[/quote]

Ive been skint :(

DUNOVA.
01-02-04, 01:18 PM
Im goin to get me tax tomorrow looks like im goin to have to accept the fine to save any trouble.Slim jim they accept card payment but not credit cards I don't know why they would only accept it if it was a debit card but before I filled the forms out the women said they do accept it :?

scott.parker
01-02-04, 03:18 PM
im sure if you get it tomo,and tell them what happend,call them up! they will let the fine go and you should be ok mate.. :D

bloke
01-02-04, 05:00 PM
yeah it will happen. i have had it.

My nova was off the road for a couple of months and i didnt get round to doing a sorn, so they fined me ?25 and if i didnt pay by a certain date it went up to 48. So i paid it.

srs1
01-02-04, 06:41 PM
fuck that shit. tell the goverment to prove the car aint beem on the road. this whole tax system is a load of shit.i'd love them to come round here. i'd tell them to fuck right off my property or i'll call the police. theiving gipsy bastards!

sorry about the swear words, but its all s**t!

epo
01-02-04, 08:11 PM
regardless of whether the cars bin on the road or not u still get a fine like the advert says it doesnt matter where u hide ur car its all on there computer
they wont come round just send a fine through the post
shite i know but its the law

skud52
02-02-04, 08:22 AM
i let the tax run out on my nova, and then left it not knowing about SORN till the advert, so i sent of the SORN and 2 days later i got a letter telling me i'l been fined ?25,

it depends on how long its been out of tax for the fine, mine was only 2 months of so thus the ?25 fine

Jim
02-02-04, 09:08 AM
they accept card payment but not credit cards I don't know why they would only accept it if it was a debit card but before I filled the forms out the women said they do accept it :?

Really :o Thats news to me.

jkhilton
02-02-04, 11:55 AM
I got a fine for not declaring one of my cars as sorn. I just phoned up the tax office and spoke to a woman there, explained that it had not been used and said I had filled out a sorn declaration(little lie!!) she said no problem, the fine has been cancelled. I got an appologetic letter through the post about a week later :)

John

Breeny
02-02-04, 12:05 PM
I'm gonna be 2 days late on tax for the 21.. cos I only just got the V5 through after transferring owners.

They can go fcuk themselves if they think I'm paying ?80 for 2 days :!:

jkhilton
02-02-04, 01:42 PM
breeny, when you phone them to explain, be reasonable on the phone and they will sort the problem for you. You have a genuine reason, so there should be no problem.

John