PDA

View Full Version : GTE injectors - Flow Rate?

_JH_
30-01-04, 10:13 PM
To put it in the clearest way I can, Does anyone know the flow rate at 100% duty cycle?

cheers

john

mowgli
01-02-04, 11:37 AM
no idea. try your local Bosch fuel injection agent (yellow pages)
if you want more flow, maybe the ones from the 1.8i (small block) Carlton would do it.

_JH_
03-02-04, 01:34 PM
cheers, didn't know they did a 1.8 small block.

Anyone know?

2litreturbo
03-02-04, 03:04 PM
you cant put higher flow injectors in without some sort of mappable engine management system. You'll just be running super rich all the time. Which means poo performance and loadsa petrol money.

j1400
03-02-04, 06:40 PM
Vx didn't make a 1.8 small block. No, you can find out by having them cleaned and they will produce a flow rate for you.

_JH_
03-02-04, 09:04 PM
you can put higher flow injectors in without some sort of mappable engine management system. You'll just be running super rich all the time. Which means poo performance and loadsa petrol money.

hold your horses you have no idea what I'm doin.

you can find out by having them cleaned and they will produce a flow rate for you

lol. bit of a waste of money just to find out. I'll try MIG and ring bosch. cheers mowgli

j1400
04-02-04, 12:49 AM
you can open them yourself and collect the fuild in a measuring cyl, open them for a minute and there you go. there's a bit about how ot do this on the emerald website. bit messy but there you go.

mowgli
06-02-04, 10:16 PM
Ok, I had had a few drinks at the time, but my brother in law had a g reg carlton 1.8i estate and the engine looked pretty much identical to my 1.6 gte lump (from a 1988 car). the big block (originally called family 2) engine is about 2 inches longer than a small block (family 1) and the head layout is slightly different, and I have been mucking about with these engines for 20 years, but I could be wrong