PDA

View Full Version : Rear Left Brake Light

so1o
30-01-04, 07:45 AM
Hi,

I got a niggly problem with my brake light. The bulb is ok but the fuse blows everytime I put a new one in. When I brake the left rear brake light works but when you switch the lights on via the knob only the right one works? Also that warning sound that comes on if you open the door with the lights on thats silenced too. Its all related to the brake light.

My bro said check the wiring of the digi dash, somethings shorting somewhere. I have had a look but everything seems fine, it was all working fine, have had the dash in a few months but problem only occured couple a days ago.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Solo

Will
30-01-04, 10:51 AM
arghhhhhhhhhhh u just gave me a heart attack, please check your wiring asap, it may well be that the pos and neg wires for the brakes are touching causing the fuse to blow etc :'(

I had this problem on teh legendary sting, after replacing a few fuses i was going to have a good look around.......... didnt get the chance tho as the next time it happened the loom melted together and i had the dash on fire and the fuse box in flames :'(

ended up breaking it as no time to fix and mot was due soon with some welding needed

R.I.P :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

check that wiring now mate!

a2lt16v
30-01-04, 11:05 AM
i know what it is its a faulty bulb check filametns in both bulbs i bet they are touching.you will find that when u brake your side lights will come on too just replace the bulbs thats all

so1o
30-01-04, 03:36 PM
lmao, that really got me running Will. 2lt16 I have checked the bulbs and replaced one aswell but its not them, Im going to have a look at what Will suggested.

Cheers lads.

Solo

a2lt16v
30-01-04, 05:28 PM
im still backing the bulbs being dodgy as that is the point in the circuit that the brake circuit and front side light circuit come closest change both bulbs. if not check your light pods for anything shorting out the metal strips. im not convinced the answer to this prob is inthe dash. i thinks its in the boot

so1o
31-01-04, 03:07 AM
Cheers mate, I will change both bulbs and see what happens from there. BTW the sidelights dont come on.