PDA

View Full Version : THE TIME IS COMING

Wiggie
29-01-04, 12:13 AM
hi firstly id like to excuse my absence for the past while.

my test is booked
im booking the MOT nxt week

iv spent a fair while making it look exceptably rust free im praying it will pass the MOT> however when making my ice install in the boot i took an angle grinder to the metal bit that holds the spare wheel still, i know its part of the MOT to have a spare wheel ect. but does it matter about the metal bit holding the whee still?

Wigz

Fester
29-01-04, 12:14 AM
dude its 100% legal to just remove the spare wheel and have it tested without! One less thing to be potentially failed on!

Ben
29-01-04, 12:16 AM
lol I always remove as much as possible for the old "if its not there it dosent need to work" rule.

Phil_G
29-01-04, 12:17 AM
hi

apparently spare is no longer a testable item...

Phil

Wiggie
29-01-04, 12:18 AM
really - i swear the spare wheel was part of the MOT? and the tyre on it had to be up to rd standards? so you recon i can have it tested without the wheel at all?

wigz

mikeoxford
29-01-04, 12:38 AM
really - i swear the spare wheel was part of the MOT? and the tyre on it had to be up to rd standards? so you recon i can have it tested without the wheel at all?

wigz

yup

last MOT i went too

they didnt bother checking rear seatbelts cos they couldnt get in the back seats with bucket seats in the way!

and they tried for 30 mins to get my boot open, when they finally asked for the boot switch or whatever they scrathed their headfs, and said oh, no spare - we wont test that! (ice build with a fridge etc)

Neil.
29-01-04, 12:40 AM
The law states...

The SPARE wheel must have legal tyre tred on it.

It also states...
You do not have to have a spare wheel.

:D :D :D :D

Mark
29-01-04, 07:42 AM
Yep, just leave the spare out wigz, as everyone says, the tester must ensure that the spare wheel and tyre are to mot standards 'if present'. :D

Wiggie
29-01-04, 11:10 AM
hehehe mint! i can put abit more effort into building the ice in then.

thats if i dont put my car into a lamp post b4 the MOT (ICE GREAT FUN!!)