PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. another nova off the roads...

GTE RACER
28-01-04, 09:04 PM
Took my GTE for it's mot today :-\

Failed on..."Rear Chassis corroded on both sides at spring mounting area and rear chassis corroded at sub frame mountings on both sides" Ohh un "Wiper blade parking in centre of screen" lol

Can't be many black GTE's left now??

http://www.novaload.net/features/viewfeature.php?ref=398

GTE-RACER
28-01-04, 09:12 PM
Doh, stoopid screen names lmao...

mmm....fink i need some more pix before she leaves for the big scrap heap in the sky :-\

Any1 know much about Mk2 Golf GTi 16v's??

scott.parker
28-01-04, 09:13 PM
how much they askin for you to save it from the grave?? :(

GTE-RACER
28-01-04, 09:22 PM
Not sure yet, the bloke at the garage said it was way to much work for him, he gave me a few numbers 2 ring, but he seems to think ?800/?900ish :-\

scott.parker
28-01-04, 09:26 PM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!EH NO WAY,dont you know anyone that could do it for you??

Mel
28-01-04, 09:27 PM
argh unlucky!

u cant scrap her tho..its a MINT car :cry:

give her to me, i'll keep it in my garden :lol:

GTE-RACER
28-01-04, 09:34 PM
lol @ Mel, u haven't got any room left lol....

Well i'll find out for defo 2morrow whats goin on, if it's anymore than ?600 im gonna stip her down...

To be honest im sick of nova's now, thats 2 bad'uns i've had now :-(

scott.parker
28-01-04, 09:37 PM
i thnk you should ask for hellp on hear to save it, you may finde some one on nova load to do the welldin reall cheap? it's worth a shot if you do want to keep her :D

Mel
28-01-04, 09:45 PM
lol i have room..one of the scrapper's u saw has gone in the garden :lol:

GTE-RACER
28-01-04, 09:49 PM
lol...

Maybe Luke would do it? U know if he's gone back 2 his dad's yet Mel??

Orrrr, i might have a go at welding myself lol...Gotta b worth a shot..., How long b4 i set fire 2 the car...I got 10squid on 12-15mins lol

Mel
28-01-04, 09:54 PM
He's still with his mum...and dont think he's any good at welding, he's tried it but i think i remember him saying sommat bout him not being good at it.. plus he's busy with fixing other ppl's cars :lol:

Can i get 10 quid on as soon as you touch the chassis? :lol:

GTE-RACER
28-01-04, 09:57 PM
pmsl....

marruss
28-01-04, 11:15 PM
sorry to hear that bout your car mate, after a golf are ya? good cars ive got an mk2 gti 1.8, sweet motor, pm and ill give you detail, i may have to part company with it, needs work!

my 1.3sr had that same problem, i had them welded for bout 50 each side so dunno what there on about!!

Mark

Fester
28-01-04, 11:17 PM
harsh

for ?900 i'd want my own personal bridge welded from my house to work, get some other quotes!

scott.parker
28-01-04, 11:22 PM
thats what i thoght mate!! :lol: there is no way it's that much?

Mark
28-01-04, 11:37 PM
harsh

for ?900 i'd want my own personal bridge welded from my house to work, get some other quotes!

Lol - The ?900 includes a 1.3Sr Mint condition runaround aswell dosen't it..surely it must....no...oh crap..... :lol:

Wiggie
28-01-04, 11:38 PM
id have to agree with the above, they sound like tricky places to work on though. perhaps its just time for it to become a plant pot? :wink:

wigz

Mark
28-01-04, 11:42 PM
id have to agree with the above, they sound like tricky places to work on though. perhaps its just time for it to become a plant pot? :wink:

wigz

Bugger me! (Not literally) He's back, hello Wigz, got the suspension sorted yet?

?900 is a LOT of money for welding, you could pick up another mint GTe for that...

Ben
28-01-04, 11:52 PM
My girlfriends Black GTE is being restored at the moment and that failed monumentally on welding, the guys have spent 8 weeks doing bits here and there, it needed...

2 x complete sills
Both rear chassis legs repaired
Both front outriggers repaired + the parts the outriggers are welded too.
A new rear panel
Virtually a complete new boot floor
Also little bits here and there.

Not quite sure yet on how much there charging but beloive its less than ?200, when theyve finisheed i have to fit new shells and brakes and it might pass this time.

Wiggie
28-01-04, 11:54 PM
phaps it would be wise to investigate prices on hiring a welder.

lol yes mark " IM - BACK !" iv had some major computer issues but all is now well in the land wiggie. yep my car now sits nicley on her arse i had the sus in 2 days after we picked it up mate.....jus couldnt resist!

wigz

Nath
29-01-04, 10:11 AM
bring it down to brum and i can get it done for cheap cheap :lol:

had my new arches welded on for ?10 each

Barn
29-01-04, 11:31 PM
2 x complete sills
Both rear chassis legs repaired
Both front outriggers repaired + the parts the outriggers are welded too.
A new rear panel
Virtually a complete new boot floor
Also little bits here and there.

fcuk me...dey-jar-voo (fcuk the spelling)...sounds like my car.
?200 for all that...jesus...is he a mate?

Or have I been ripped-off, lol. not that I care. similiar work to that cost me 370 notes. but the bloke did a right-on awesome job

Will F
30-01-04, 10:12 AM
?200 YOU HOPE!
My dad's mate is doing it for him, so its a mate's rates job, thats why its taking so long. He is doing it bit by bit, when he has 10 mins to spare every day.

I need to thak ethe valver in to get the clutch sorted next! I havent told him its a 2L yet though!

He must love me!!!! :lol:

skud52
31-01-04, 09:54 AM
shame to hear it mate, thats alot of money to get it on the road tho, surely u cud get another GTE fir that price if not cheaper and swap the bits over

GTE-RACER
01-02-04, 12:09 PM
Been round loads of garages and getting cheaper and cheaper quotes, best one so far is ?400/450..Only prob with that is they can't do the work for 3weeks, and they reckon it'll take them around a week and a half to sort it all out. Shame cuz the MOT ran out y/day and i need a car for work...So time for a new car, maybe in a few months after i've finished moving house etc i'll get the GTE back on the road.

Unless any1 wants it cheap?? ;-)

~~joycey~~
01-02-04, 01:04 PM
how cheap is cheap? :wink:

DUNOVA.
01-02-04, 01:36 PM
Sorry to hear that mate if you break it I know someone that will have your front bumper and bonnet straight away ...

scott.parker
01-02-04, 03:10 PM
Unless any1 wants it cheap??
Yep mel waned it of you for ?100 :D

GTE-RACER
01-02-04, 05:57 PM
dunno how much cheap is..., make me sum offers...

Car would come with a set ov 14"SRi steeeeeelies with brand new rubber, 15" Astra 6-Spoke alloys and a set of 16" Mille Miglia alloys...(might aswell get rid ov some ov my junk 2 lol)

SiMonkey19@aol.com

srs1
01-02-04, 06:32 PM
just get it repaired or sell it to mel. i say this as if you aint got the time or the money then i know mel will look after it. if you dont repair it, then it is an injustice to a fellow nova gte. and will have to make you an out cast for killing one!

on the other hand, i'll have the single whiper off you.

Euan
01-02-04, 08:38 PM
one of my spring "cup" bits is pretty rusted but rest of the chasis is mint. if it costs me anywhere near that to fix it i will cry for a month!!!! :cry:

Mel
01-02-04, 09:50 PM
lol, noooo all of you HANDS OFF! :lol:

i've already offered the money to take it off his hands...plus i want the 16's and single wiper lol

just waiting for an answer now

scott.parker
02-02-04, 12:49 AM
you must sel it to mel :) ..dont be silly you know it's the best home for it to go to! :D

srs1
03-02-04, 10:27 PM
so what are you going to do with the car. have you decided.

if you aint going to repair it. sell it.

go on, sell it to mel. she'll be your best mate.

Neil.
03-02-04, 10:29 PM
yeah sell it to mel, she's got a lovely Boot'y carpet for it!

Mel
03-02-04, 10:33 PM
lol thanks Neil..i will make it look even better in the GTE :wink:

He can have regular visitation rights, so he wont miss it too much LOL..

scott.parker
03-02-04, 10:38 PM
SEL TO MEL SEL TO MEL SEL TO MEL SEL TO MEL SEL TO MEL NOW!!! SO SEL TO MEL SEL TO MEL SEL TO MEL SEL TO MEL SEL TO MEL NOW!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Sel to Mel :D

Mark
03-02-04, 10:49 PM
If you do want to get rid of it, sell it to Mel, atleast she will make good use of it. :wink: