PDA

View Full Version : Let it snow!

Adam
28-01-04, 01:52 PM
I know this topic seems a little weird, but has it snowed everywhere. I am in stoke and it is snowing s**t loads now, this morning it took me 2 hours on a bus to get to college. Bloody provisional license.
Another funny point is that i don't go home till 4.00pm and ave got to wait for the bus, finding the bus stop could seem like a difficult taks.Roll on summer when i should have passed my test and be driving a nova, and laughing at people waiting at the bus stop,haha.

Rach
28-01-04, 02:01 PM
It's only started snowing and settling in the last hour or so, after we had a massive hail type blizzard!
Before then, we were completely clear - it was just bloody cold.

Adam
28-01-04, 02:03 PM
It started snowing in Stoke last night, this morning it was only about 1inch thick, but now its tunning it down, about 3/4inches(in about the last hour), the whole area has been whitened, at least the areas i can see from my IT room window anyway

srs1
28-01-04, 02:18 PM
it's only just started here

Riggy
28-01-04, 02:24 PM
it started last night in manchester and its been starting and stopping all night , but ithas been raining aswell so we have got some slush lol :D

Ste_Nova
28-01-04, 04:07 PM
my snow tyres are on

Jim
28-01-04, 04:16 PM
Was clear one minute, then a blizard the next. About 1 1/2" have fallen in an hour in Milton Keynes!

Jim

Rick Draper
28-01-04, 04:18 PM
my snow tyres are on

Mine aint and by the time i got to work at 5 this morning Ford Motorsport, Subaru, Citroen and Peugeot were on the phone to me wanting to sign me up asa WRC driver. They said they had never seen a 1.2 nova move so fast in the dry let alone the snow :lol: Rick

XZiBiT
28-01-04, 04:34 PM
its comming down loads in colchester shit loads

Gazza14SR
28-01-04, 04:55 PM
Is derby the only fuckin place where it aint snowin? had a blizzard for like 2 mins and now its bastard sunny but freezin, I WANT snow :D

Breeny
28-01-04, 04:59 PM
Had a lil bit last night.. nothing all day but sunshine... then about 3 inches in 15 minutes!! Was like a north pole blizard! lol

RobIsGrt18
28-01-04, 05:07 PM
we've just had a mad blizzard over here in n'pton, least 3"/4" in bout 30mins, means i cant get to work yay!!! :lol:

Jim
28-01-04, 05:09 PM
Had a lil bit last night.. nothing all day but sunshine... then about 3 inches in 15 minutes!! Was like a north pole blizard! lol

Thats what happened in MK about an hour ago.

Jim

RobIsGrt18
28-01-04, 05:13 PM
its caused hell on the roads tho, iv got a slight hill out of my road and every1 is struggling to get up it !!

Fester
28-01-04, 05:15 PM
global warming in effect :lol:

locky
28-01-04, 05:34 PM
Cold n wet here! no snow as yet!
Cant believe people are putting snow tyres on lol bitt OTT in my opinion!
bit of white fluff n the country goes nental!
Panic buyers in supermarkets, hot water bottle sales up ?%
Apparently sainsburys have ordered a load of extra cans of soup coz of the weather!
Its bull! just like evry other day down here!

-Bruce-
28-01-04, 05:40 PM
lol locky that is so true the whole country is talking about it and how much disruption it will cause. But it is a good laugh getting the motor sideways in the snow :lol: :lol:

locky
28-01-04, 05:54 PM
*NEWSFLASH*
Started snowing here.....
..... now wheres my snowtyres, hot water bottle and soup...... :lol: :roll:

Cheese
28-01-04, 05:59 PM
Bit of snow here in Derby now :D Everything thats fallen and melted has now frozen! My road is like and ice-rink! Great fun getting up the hill! :D

Adam
28-01-04, 06:56 PM
I have already seen 3 crashes whilst walking home, the roads are a fcuking nightmare, all buses cancelled, i was walking faster than the cars were moving, and beat one of my mates who drove home. when i get my Nova i won't be risking it in the snow, once you start sliding you can do nothing, and all your precious money spent on mods is lost by just one bump into the back of another car. Also been pushing cars that have skidded sidewards in the road, the car was a Saxo which i was going to turn a blind eye at, but the driver was quite a pretty sight to look at, so who would refuse to help her, not me anyway,lol

Adam
28-01-04, 09:53 PM
Judging by the weather forecast,it is gonna be lethal tomorrow, -5C tonight so all the slushy s**t will freeze over, anyone who is driving early tomorrow morning take care and don't do any damage to your Novas or yourselves

GTE-RACER
28-01-04, 09:54 PM
Took me over 2hours to do 6miles :roll:

Adam
28-01-04, 10:03 PM
I was on a bus this morning going to college for 2 hours, i live about 4 miles away from college, it wasn't even worth going, especially in your car, it ain't worth the risk of someone sliding into you.

Snowface
28-01-04, 10:28 PM
we even had a bit of snow earlier and we're in Devon. We normally last to get it.

Neil.
28-01-04, 10:39 PM
it snowed, then melted, then snowed again with 1 inch on ground, and now it has frozen, bugger to drive on!

Jordi
28-01-04, 10:41 PM
up ere in west yorks we had a blizzard. I drove my scooter home from college, visibilty was low, icy roads, slush on main roads.....might aswell have been on a ice rink.........

.....well it wasnt a good idea, came off my scootay, 1st time ever, and i've had in 8months. Am ok tho, hurt my right leg, wen scooter dropped onto it, but nowt long term damage.....

Be Carefull if your driving :)

badnova
28-01-04, 10:47 PM
went in a 4 x 4 a couple of hours ago skidin around in the snow in a carpark

well good fun
scary at times but good fun
lots of snow where i am