PDA

View Full Version : Ford Focus probelms

wisewood
28-01-04, 11:00 AM
Obviously everyone knows the ford focus is plagued by problems... as it would be being manufactured by chimps... but i need some help.

My mate has a focus - stupid of him i know... but he has one. He has the common problem of the speedo dropping off from time to time, and when it does so the electrics dim a bit - lights and stereo go dimmmer and less volume through speakers.

Have seen bits online about people with the same problem - but no solutions to it.

Does anyone know what causes it?

Ben
28-01-04, 11:09 AM
Sounds like to much load on the altenator?

wisewood
28-01-04, 11:14 AM
Thats what i said originally but he says it doesnt only do it with stereo and lights on - it does it seemingly at random. Engine runs fine throughout - and then all of a sudden it just pops back up again. Very strange.

Keep telling him to take it back to ford but he dont seem fussed about that idea much. Not like its as serious as when ford sent his focus off the production line with a power steering fluid hose that wasnt water tight and oozed fluid through itself :lol:

Ben
28-01-04, 11:27 AM
I have heard it before as well, if its a common fault i would send it straight back to Ford and get it done, thy might know exactly what it is.

Will
28-01-04, 11:33 AM
sounds like a typical ford :lol:

Jim
28-01-04, 12:12 PM
Sounds like a question for a Ford owners site, not a Nova enthusiasts site :roll:

Jim

wisewood
28-01-04, 04:31 PM
General Chat
General car chat

General chat isnt dedicated only to the nova.
Thought someone on here might have heard something about this problem and be able to give a solution to it which would help a mate of mine.

Perhaps a ford site would be able to help but i dont have the time or patience to shop around and find one where people would be prepared to answer the question sensibly. At least on NOVAload i know that people have good knowledge and wouldnt usually go out of their way to give false information.

Anyone else having any ideas or knowing someone who has had the same problem please let me know. It'd be nice if i could give him a cause even if not a solution.

Rick Draper
28-01-04, 07:06 PM
Dads focus has been great, very reliable and ever had any problems with it at all. Handles fucking mint as well. Shame he is trading it in for a new shape golf. Rick

olly55
28-01-04, 07:39 PM
tell him to flog it and buy a LET lol