PDA

View Full Version : how unlucky am i ????

XZiBiT
27-01-04, 08:47 PM
first the starter motor packs in at the same time the distibutor packed in this caused all hell of problems (thanx for the help Aragorn and corsanova_mark) then my ecu decides to earth out when ever i bolt it in its place under the dash (ive been told its earthing out ) if its hanging there the car runs ... as soon as it touches the screw that it fixes too the engine jus cuts out?? then my ignition barrel decides to naff up :( now my remote central locking has fucked up ive got a fuse to control it but it just pops fuses when ever i try to unlock the car ... because ive delocked i have to enter the car from the boot!!!! but now im to scared to drive the damm thing incase it catches fire what do i do WHY ME!!!!!

srs1
27-01-04, 08:51 PM
you've just got bear with it mate. you've not long had the car. makes you think why the fella sold it so cheap. as for the ecu bit. get a rubber washer from a diy store etc and put the screw through that so theres no contact with the metal.

XZiBiT
27-01-04, 08:53 PM
yeah i thought of that but why is it earthing out there must be a reason it wernt doin it when i got the car only since i broke down friday very odd but im thinkin of takin to a garage to see if they can fix it or strip every thing outta the fucker to find loose wires that may be causing probs :evil:

srs1
27-01-04, 08:57 PM
try calling out an auto electrician. they should find out the prob for you. think we may have to call mulder and scully out on this one.

dave.gsi
27-01-04, 08:59 PM
unlucky, the guy who sold it obviously knew it was knackered and wanted rid

XZiBiT
27-01-04, 09:00 PM
if it wont cost more than ?100 il do that gotta get it fixed its my only car :( and im not driving it incase it catches fire

Anton
28-01-04, 12:17 AM
colchester curse of the nova, like my gte :o