PDA

View Full Version : Webcon Dealings, anyone else had probs?

Snowface
27-01-04, 07:31 PM
Webcon
I've had problems with my 32/34 i had off them new. The guy in their technical dept (only 1 guy runs the tech dept) has a slight attitude problem i think.
I've had to chase him up 4 times cause he didn't return my calls. And then he tries to tell me that there isn't a fualt when there blatently is.

Read on.....

The problem i got is that when i went to get the new carb set up by a tuning garage. They found a problem on the carb where the idle mixture screw has no effect on the emissions analyser or at all for that matter.

The HC reading is between 1200 and 1600. it should be 200!

Like i say the idle mixture has no effect on this reading or the sound of the engine. I've tried it on 2 diff analysers.

The garage guy thinks its a fualt with the idle circuit on the carb cause as a result off the fualt (not helped by the ast2k in it also) the idle on the engine is rougher than a badgers ar*ehole. and cuts out when at junctions.

The guy on the phone as trying to tell me that there wasn't a problem and that they don't state that the 32/34 is meant to be better than the Pierburg 2e3. I'm thinking, 'Whats the point of selling the 32/34 replacment kit in the first place then'? Cause i didn't notice much performance improvement at all.

Especially not 20% like peeps on here have said it's meant to do. More like 1%.

So i said to the guy, 'Look, if the idle mixture screw has no effect on the emmisions reading or the engine tone then surely there must be a fualt with the carb.' And he kept worming round it saying that they didn't garuntee better perfomance and that the HC could be engine oil leaking or another mechanical problem. I understand this, but the HC reading with the 2e3 was fine. Its just when the carbs changed, so did the HC reading, + the fuel gauge shoots down when u put the foot down.

You can see the unburnt fuel coming out the tailpipe its running way too rich.

I then told him to ring the garage where i discovered the fualt and after he spoke with them he's posting a new diaphram to me to try.

Hope this solves the prob cause i start a new Job tomo and need the car to be working 100% reliable, especially overtaking up some badass hills on the way.[/u]