PDA

View Full Version : upgraded from basic nova to gte/gsi??

peester
27-01-04, 06:34 PM
..what was youre fav bit on the gsi when buying/bought it?? APART from the power...
i went from 1.2 sxi to my gsi in order of preferance it was the mechanical oil pressure gauge; truly awesome never bored of it to this day. a boost gauge for n/a! Then the side skirts; didn't realise how chunky they were for real. then the seats. riiiight sporty compared to the 'bench-like' sxi seats. then the badge. retro lookin. know youre the daddy nova now.

ps; what didn't you like? im not really sure on mine. maybe the back bumper; no different bar colour to old one. anyways discuss.

epo
27-01-04, 08:04 PM
MY favourite bit of a gsi was.....

the vinal on the boot :lol:

Mel
27-01-04, 09:16 PM

lol, cant believe you said that..that IMO is the worst bit of the GTE/Gsi :lol:

dave.gsi
27-01-04, 09:22 PM
:lol:

i went from having had 2 mk1 SR's to owning a gsi

best thing was the MK2 dash (behind the engine of course)

worst thing was the front end. bit girly compared to the mk1

srs1
27-01-04, 09:27 PM
you are a bit girly dave. lol
only jokeing, i do get worried about you staring at me thou. :D

i used to drive my bro's old 1.2, but only on occasions. then i had a 1.4 sr now the gte. i really dont think the gte is much faster then the 1.4 sr. i can tell it's more torquey thou.

Will
27-01-04, 09:34 PM
my oil pressure thing has never worked and ive enver investigated, im sure its the sender or a wire oh well, the dash was the best bit, iu head everything else.

seats had in my sting, and steering wheel and gearnob, the bumpers are ok, ther engine was faster by abt 15bhp compared with the 1400 engine, the insurance was the worst bit and having to pay the full tax bracket, being just outside by under 500cc's is annoying!

good cars tho

Ben
27-01-04, 11:24 PM
My first Nova's were GSi's but when i went down to a GTE i loved (and still do) the heated seat switch :lol:

peester
28-01-04, 11:21 PM

roflmao