PDA

View Full Version : vernieer pulley q!

locky
27-01-04, 04:58 PM
Iv got myself an nvo62 kent cam, and a set of waisted valves, im interested in a modded head also!
Is it worth me getting a vernieer pulley?
Cheers!
Locky!

Cheese
27-01-04, 05:09 PM
Worth getting as it allows to cam to be timed perfectly! :D
You've already spent ?? on the cam and valves and want a head to fit them to, so the vernier pully would help you get the most out of all these parts when its all put together :D

locky
27-01-04, 05:27 PM
Cheers Cheese :D

mikeoxford
28-01-04, 08:38 PM
depends on camshaft i think.

i had a verinier pulley and ditched it, dan (1.6 8v) also like me had it set to zero, so whats the point? purely a aesthetic mod in our applications.

research it locky...........

maybe phone a company like velos or someone for advice

mike

m.d.
30-01-04, 02:05 PM
same as me mine is still set to zero as when we moved it i lost power. handy if ure running loads of compression tho

skud52
31-01-04, 10:05 AM
deffinately ring velos and see what they have to say, might be worth getting it later when the engine more tuned?

mikeoxford
01-02-04, 10:55 PM
same as me mine is still set to zero as when we moved it i lost power. handy if ure running loads of compression tho

just how much extra compression?

dan runs extra compression and so do i. both had blocks and heads skimmed.........

and still they were set at zero!

Will F
02-02-04, 02:02 PM
This depends on how lairy the cam is. Or how much lift it has over the standard cam.
I bought a pipe (unknown) cam from a bloke off Mig ages ago. He said it was a 'mild' cam. It turned out to be a balls-out rally slag cam!

Couldnt get the timing correct EVER! Either retarded or advanced all the time! I needed a vernier pully to get it spot on.

m.d.
03-02-04, 05:00 PM
ive had 40 thou skimmed off the head and have a wild cam and its still on zero. grrrrrrrr

Stuart
03-02-04, 07:23 PM
the value of the cam isnt an issue as to how ADV/RET it is. lairy dont mean diddly as Dans is set to zero and is a higher rated cam than the piper 285 rally cam as they call it

also from my opinion/knowledge

the cam manufaturers will tell you their "optimal" timing, which could be anything but its what they found works well on the dyno.

at the end of the day if you set it all up and like the drive, who cares what the setting is lol

Ben
04-02-04, 11:10 PM
I need a vernieer pulley and i dont care who says what but i cannot get my timing correct on the normal one.

beghy
04-02-04, 11:20 PM
you wont need a vernier pully for that cam(nvo62 kent cam) as its very mild, have a look http://www.kentcams.com/index.htm