PDA

View Full Version : HOW DARE HE !!!

novajay
27-01-04, 03:18 PM
i was browsing through the internet today and i came across this :

http://www.dervman.com/nova.htm

the cheek of it although he does say some decent things bout the legendary nova most of the crap he says is B*llocks !!! :evil: :evil:

and for fcuk sake he drives a ford ka :oops:

Nath
27-01-04, 03:31 PM
and how can he compare the nova to the fiesta? theres just no competion there!

peester
27-01-04, 06:21 PM
''This was enough to propel the Nova to 60 in just over 9 seconds. This is quick for the Nova, but not really for the class.''

xr2 is the same? so they turbo'd the fiesta ok, but that was astra gte money.
1.6 205 pug was the same; 1.9 205 was astra gte money too.

for the cash it was quick enough for its class.??no?

Fester
27-01-04, 06:32 PM
he's actually quite positive about the Nova

peester
27-01-04, 06:35 PM
he's actually quite positive about the Nova

what, for a fiesta fan?

Fester
27-01-04, 06:37 PM
However, well kept examples are decent enough cars, and superior to the Mark Two Fiesta in most respects.

dan_mk1
27-01-04, 06:54 PM
whats he saying that has got you so pissed off?
most of what he says is true, most novas are bought by boy racers and really badly kitted up

DervMan
27-01-04, 07:41 PM
I'm sorry that some of you don't like my review of the Nova, and if you think I'm being unfair, please point it out - or if you think the review can be improved, here and now is your opportunity to point it out, yes?

It's not that I dislike the Nova, they were a decent enough small car.

As for the Nova GTE's "class," it's a "hot hatch," right?

And the 1991 model had a list price of ?11,105 and took 9.1 seconds to hit 60 mph from rest.

Here's what else was available in 1991 that was also a hot hatch, and about the size of the Nova.

Daihatsu Charade GTti, ?8,680, 0-60 in 7.7 seconds.
Ford Fiesta XR2i, ?10,522, 0-60 in 8.7 seconds.
Renault 5 GT Turbo, ?11,200, 0-60 in 7.3 seconds.
Rover Metro GTi 16v, ?10,840, 0-60 in 9.6 seconds.
Suzuki Swift GTi, ?7,299, 0-60 in 8/6 seconds.

Of the above, only the Renault 5 GT Turbo was dearer, and only the Metro was slower to 60.

I stand by my comments.

Chris
27-01-04, 08:15 PM
sorry but you drive a ford ka

sk8funk
27-01-04, 08:17 PM
i think it's a fair review, i agree with most. also i own a 1.6gte and am pround and happy wiv it

DervMan
27-01-04, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry, I don't understand what Kermit has to do with my Nova review.

Ian
27-01-04, 08:36 PM
skimmed through the article, dont see any real problem with it, but i dont think anyone here bought their car on the basis of luggage space or performance of a 1.2

i do however think its a bit of a cheek to call them cheap tat, bearing in mind my mum has a brand new ka, the interior is plasticy, not much storage space, handles like a boat and is slow as hell it is remarkably like the 1.2i shell i bought and drove home then stripped that was equally crap except that was only ?700 and 10 years old, you would think that they could have improved things over 10 years. and kas are rusting already :roll:

ps driving a diesel marks you out as being a tightwad cheapskate

DervMan
27-01-04, 08:42 PM
Yup; you're right, some Kas are rusting. As indeed are Fiestas, but no Pumas that I know of. :roll:

"Tat" here isn't offensive - I simply mean it's an inexpensive runner. Most of the cars I've personally bought have been tat of one sort or another. This is the way I've always liked them! :lol:

Diesel means I'm a tightwad? I'd love to agree, except the diesels I've been driving recently have been quite the opposite - well unless people spend ?19K on a Golf diesel and think they're being frugral! :o

Ian
27-01-04, 08:46 PM
should have read she has a brand new ka

Dan
27-01-04, 08:52 PM
like ian i just skimmed through it and cant see a problem, most comments are true enough with no real slating going on just a fair general evaluation. The minority like ourselves are also appreciated

There are some nice ones around, and some owners are as enthusiastic about their Nova as I am with the Ka

DervMan
27-01-04, 08:54 PM
My point is that it doesn't matter what I;m currently driving when reviewing another model.

Otherwise, most cars would be slow and relatively thirsty, given the 530d I'm trundling around in during week days, eh?

dave.gsi
27-01-04, 09:04 PM
nothing wrong with that. seems right for the most part.

RJM25R
27-01-04, 09:33 PM
If we really gave a fuck about other peoples opinions, none of us would drive a nova!

DervMan
27-01-04, 09:39 PM
Heh; too true. I guess if I cared about the "image" I'm supposed to portray when I go to a meeting or presentation, I'd take one of the fleet BMWs. But I don't, I'd rather enjoy the drive there in the way that a (lightly) modded car can only provide. Who cares if it's slower / noisier / cheaper than a Eurobox BMW? It's individual!

I can admire the work that's gone into the car even if I don't admire the car itself, but at the end of the day, we mod our cars - whatever our cars - because we want to make it a bit more individual.

The easy option would be the boring Audi A3 1.6 or BMW 316ti Compact, or whatever is fleet favourite of the month, but I'm not for any of that!

Phil_G
27-01-04, 10:03 PM
Hi,

ive actually met and spoke to dervman on one occasion and i found him to be sound. Overall a great car enthusiast and wasnt too phased when i mentioned my nova or the 106 despite being surrounded by his (and others) Ka.

ps driving a diesel marks you out as being a tightwad cheapskate

bit of a sweeping and unfair statement ian, not everyone can afford to run petrol engine cars when driving close to 25,000 a year (as i do). So if i can save a bit on fuel (i say a bit try 196 miles on ?10). Also starts first time etc etc etc

As for the KA- having driven the g/fs plenty I find to handle well under a wide load range and is quite capable of dishing out some surprises on country lanes, spritely enough round town (as i believe it was designed to be- not a balls out BHP machine) and IMo drives far better than any equivilent vaux models we tested at the time.

Phil_G
27-01-04, 10:19 PM
*deleted - double post*

techie
27-01-04, 10:42 PM
Yes i am a tightwad :)

But then ive got a roof to keep over my head and mouths to feed ;)