PDA

View Full Version : I love my Nova but... Vauxhall sucks!!

MechaT
27-01-04, 06:21 AM
As much as I love my Nova, I have to admit that standard Novas are a pile of shite. They roll around like a ship at sea, and they look pants even for back in the day. What is it with Vaux? they make great engines (XE LET, even good old Nova 13SB) but then they stick em in floppy half-arsed rust buckets with shoddy suspension. (ie. Nova, Astra).
To be honest the only good thing about Vauxhall is that you can mix and match the nice bits from other Vaux cars to make one good car.
If it wasn't for us modders, tunin' and stylin' I reckon Vauxhall woulda gone bust years ago!!

What bits piss you off on your Vaux car? (wonky steering wheels, crap brakes, breaking hazard light switches, etc.)

peester
27-01-04, 07:43 AM
whatever floats you 'ship at sea'. have to remember that novas are now 12-23 years old. they were a cheap car then/new so yes they are / seem a bit dated now. i guess you ain't into novas. go get a saxo then. im not sure if people are gonna be in the mood to winge about their novas. only those with probs or no money.lol

Jules
27-01-04, 08:36 AM
OK, If Vauxhall are that bad, then maybe you'd care to tell me which motor company is better and why, and it's no good saying 'Ferrari' 'BMW' 'Merc' etc etc because they aren't aimed at the same people that Vauxhall are generally aiming at.
I'm talking Ford, Renault, Citreon etc etc etc.

Every company has their up's and down's, EG VW / Audi have good built quality, Toyota / Nissan have reliability, Vauxhall / Ford have value for money.

But remember this aswell (Extract from CAR magazine) :

Vauxhall?s stunning VX220 Turbo has beaten all comers ? from Aston Martin to Porsche and Ferrari ? to take the Performance Car of the Year crown in this year?s influential CAR magazine awards.
The ?25,995 Vauxhall VX220 Turbo was judged to be "a well designed, well engineered driver?s car that is guaranteed to spark a warm glow of anticipation every time you reach for the keys," said CAR.

Not only did the VX220 Turbo put clear distance for the dollar between itself and the other finalists, but it was also the most solid all round performer in testing in Wales. The Vauxhall sports car trounced the Bentley Continental GT, Ferrari?s 360 Challenge Stradale, BMW's new Z4, the Nissan 350Z and Porsche?s 911 GT3.

CAR?s editor, Angus Mackenzie, said the VX220 won "because it fulfilled every criteria better than any other car on test."

The introduction of the 200hp, 151mph turbo version in the spring has seen VX220 sales almost double over the first nine months of the year compared to the same period last year. "This important award demonstrates vividly Vauxhall?s commitment to driving excitement and innovative design," says brand manager David Pugh.

?Marty?
27-01-04, 12:43 PM
i'd have one

MechaT
28-01-04, 11:59 PM
Sorry Guys!! I was tired and pissed off at the time of writing that. Got home from work at 2AM. Vauxhall doesn't suck! . I TAKE BACK EVERYTHING I SAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The moral of this story is: don't put up posts and shoot ya mouth off when you get home late from a crap job.

Jules
29-01-04, 08:40 AM
LOL!!!

Now that I CAN agree with!!!
:lol:

novajay
29-01-04, 09:29 AM
or change you mind when everyone gangs up on you !!!
because all you wanted to do was make friends :( we understand