PDA

View Full Version : Shocks OR Spings

Nova_Tek
26-01-04, 07:23 PM
Evenin'

I have asked this before but it wasnt noticed.

Want to lower my nova 40mm (many speed bumps in my area so i dnt really want to go any lower)

At the moment the ride is okish but seems to be very good on speed bumps coz of soft suspension (1.2 standard suspension 195/45 R15 alloys tyres)

I do want to get it lowered but dont want it to rattle too much so I was thinking one of the below options but need opinions:

Standard springs and lower shocks OR standard shocks and lower springs?

Which one will be better to use for a softer ride?

Cheerz

Stuart
26-01-04, 07:26 PM
you cant lower on just the shocks alone lol

you need lower springs

novaexplod
26-01-04, 07:30 PM
40mm springs on standard shocks is a rocky bumpy ride.

XZiBiT
26-01-04, 09:21 PM
cough koni's cough

MechaT
27-01-04, 04:17 AM
People tend to buy alloys first and then shocks. But I lowered mine first then put alloys on. With standard steel wheels and -40mm Spax springs the ride was sweet as. no roll and just as comfortable as standard. It's the alloys that make the ride harsh (but they also allow you to corner in the wet faster than 2mph with crashing). I haven't got proper shocks yet cuz I can't afford new ones and can't find 2nd hand. But everything I read says get springs AND shocks. They can't all be wrong!

Beano
28-01-04, 06:13 PM
Mine is lowered 60mm on standard (extremely low mileage) shocks, and the ride is bumpy as hell! Not good, im just not driving at the moment til i get more money, dont fancy beating my shocks through the suspension turrets right now...maybe later! :lol:

on a different note, anyone know what the smallest shocks you can buy are? I.e, which performance shock will have the most travel when coupled with -60mm springs? :?:

cheers

C-S_Cormac
28-01-04, 06:30 PM
Id deff go for Gas shocks and lowering springs, Then a set of polyflex bushes that will tighten her up and i garentee ull nvr look back!!

Cormac