PDA

View Full Version : Rally car interiors

stevorally
26-01-04, 03:28 PM
Now then chaps, I need your help.

I am building a Rally Nova and need a few ideas. I am just about ready to run the brake and fuel lines in the car but was wondering where other people have run them. I also was deliberating where to mount the extinguisher bottle and where to run the pull cables. These are just a couple of questions I have. I was hoping you could either send me or post here pictures of Nova rally car interiors to give me some ideas.

Bit of a daft question I know but it would help me.

Thanks

Stevo :roll:

James1
26-01-04, 06:13 PM
http://uploader.co.uk/images/mdshell5.jpg
Is this the sort of insperation you need :twisted:

stevorally
27-01-04, 11:51 AM
I thats the sort of thing i'm after, keep em coming.

Stuart
27-01-04, 07:22 PM
surely if your "building" one then you have the blue msa book and you also know what you want inside it etc blah blah. unless your just building a street car thats going to "look" like a rally car but not be MSA/FIA legal

Phil GTE
27-01-04, 11:38 PM
you have the blue msa book

How can this be aquired? or let me guess, you have to pay joining fee for the year to the governing body?

stevorally
28-01-04, 07:59 AM
It is a proper rally car, i'm converting my sprint & hillclimber into a rally car. I now need to run my lines inside. I'm also relocating my plumbed in extinguisher to the rear of the car. I was just interested to see how other people had done it, to see if there are any little tricks.

You can answer me this question, I've had a non-race national B licence for 4 years, do I still need to go on the BARS course to move up to a rally licence?

James1
28-01-04, 02:41 PM
i don't think that you need a BARS test if your doing road rallying but if your doing stage rallying you might have to. Best thing to do is ring up Licence enquiry at the MSA and they will tell you. Also If you want to get hold of a blue Book then you can buy them off the internet at

http:/www.msauk.org

then look under MSA Publications

stevorally
28-01-04, 03:31 PM
When you get a competition licence you get a blue book with it. I had heard that if you'd been competing for more that 3 seasons with a licence of non-race national b or higher then you didn't need the BARS test. Is this still true?

James1
29-01-04, 10:15 AM
I am not to sure. I had heard about that but that is when they said that you would have to have the BARS from now on to do stage rallying so you will have to check