PDA

View Full Version : What shall I do to my new 1.2 ?

novaal
26-01-04, 12:08 PM
Hi all,

I got my first novaa (and first car) the other week.
Its a 1.2 g reg sting 1990.
Done 44k, everything is standard, its the limited edition one, all body coloured bumpers and grill, sun roof, etc etc..
In absolute mint condition..
Ive had my ICE installed now..
And now I have approx 150 quid to make it look better.

What shall i do ? I was thinking mainly of gettin my windows tinted, the backs blacked out and 2 fronts like dark smoke?
Or should I spend the money on something else that will make the car look nicer? It currently has the sting logo and vinyl stripes running down the sides of the car, but the car has been resprayed, and i dont know wether they will leave a recess if i take them off? what can i do about this?

Suggestions would be great!
Also, im thinking of painting some parts of my interior, the dash / console, what paints should i be looking at if any?!

Cheers a lot
Alex

Anton
26-01-04, 12:09 PM
get a new set of wheels :D

novaal
26-01-04, 12:15 PM
thats the one thing i want to leave until i got some more money, i want to concentrate on something that will make the car look better, and in my opinion some new wheels really dont make all that much difference..

thx
al

XZiBiT
26-01-04, 01:05 PM
fit a didgy dash they look cool as f@Uk a real talking point at ya local cruise thats like ?50 get it lowered ?90 for some 40mm springs ther ive spent ya money :D its good being me :P

?Marty?
26-01-04, 01:40 PM
i'd buy it a rain cover.

novaal
26-01-04, 01:49 PM
lol marty thats real funny?

I was actually after some help..
Digi dash sounds interesting, anyone got some pics or any online?
How easy are they to fit?

Cheers
Al

Aragorn
26-01-04, 02:16 PM
i'd defo buy either suspension or wheels

wheels totally transform the look of the car depending whats on their just now - specially if its steelies

even just a set of vauxhall cavalier or astra wheels or summat

dave.gsi
26-01-04, 02:23 PM
lower it.

you could do what you like to a car but if it hasnt been lowered it'll look shit.

even on crappy steelies slamming the fucker will make it look sweet

novaal
26-01-04, 02:41 PM
how easy is it to lower it?
is it just a case of buying nw springs and putting them on, or is it fiddly / hard?
Wher bouts can i get em from?

Cheers
Alex

totalnova
26-01-04, 02:50 PM
lowering ur car is easy enought me and my mate did it for the first time last week, alot easy than i thought, but i didnt just change the springs i fitted shocks as well and the spring was on them already so it was just a case of taking shitty 4x4 wanna be shocks out and bolt on speed hump killer shocks well worth it my project has just started and its still on steallies but it looks allot meaner (speed hump killer) lower it like it was said b4 u can do any thing to your car but if it still trying to touch the sky it will look shit, remember the floor is the limit lol happy lowering :P :P :P

XZiBiT
26-01-04, 03:17 PM
dashes are easy ish to fit just need loads of cholate blocks and some patience theres loads on ebay make sure you buy one with the two plugs and the transducer cable (speedo sencer) took me a couple of hours ;)

totalnova
26-01-04, 03:42 PM
u ask and you shall recieve one pic of a digi dashhttp://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/164big4.jpg

dan_mk1
26-01-04, 03:50 PM
get a cheapo alarm and lower it

?Marty?
26-01-04, 08:43 PM
i agree with the rest of the guys. Just lower it. Improves the handling AND looks better, what more do you want.

Personally i wouldn't bother with a digi dash, i dont like em. Get yourself a 'sporty' steering wheel and a gear nob, since you use them parts of the car the most and it'll look better.

XZiBiT
26-01-04, 09:16 PM
or you could get some neons to go with your gearnob :P

Jim
26-01-04, 10:26 PM
Get a decent immobiliser fitted. No point doing any mods only to have the car stolen. You can get a decent immobiliser fitted for under ?100. They usually come with an LED, so hopefully this will warn off any opportunist thieves. Even if they did break into it, the chances of them driving it away will have been reduced. With the remaining ?50, get some clear side repeaters and a load of polishing products. If your car is mint, keep it that way for as long as possible and dont let it rust.

Jim

peester
26-01-04, 11:57 PM
lower it; even on 'trims looks the bollocks. look my old nova was completely standard sat 50ft in the air; lowered it 60mm looked sorted even with nothing else added.

http://img2.photobucket.com/albums/v11/peester/nevbest.bmp

gaz_nofx46
27-01-04, 12:11 AM
I think Jim is talking a lot of sense. If you're planning on transforming your Nova you really should start off with an alarm. Every visible mod you make will no doubt make your car more appealing and ultimatley more nickable. If you've got your alarm sorted from the start you need not worry.