PDA

View Full Version : Danger!

bubba1
25-01-04, 10:30 PM
for a few weeks now i have been going to watch the street racing by birmingham wheels, its absolutly lethal ive seen so many crashes and near crashes, people hit with baseball bats and bottles its a danger! do any of u guys go up. now i choose not to take my car and go in a pulsar gt ir instead. every week this place just becomes a real danger wont be long before some one is killed :!:

brian
25-01-04, 11:02 PM
are you giving out or praising it???
can't understand why that shite goes on.

Tazzy
25-01-04, 11:50 PM
i go up every saturday night, i went up yesderday night as well!

there was a big stuffle yesderday night, a scooby went up the ass of a sierra cossie, a huge fight broke out, a cars were bust up!

thats what happens in brum, if you crash your car, or someone crashes into it, you might as well say good bye to it as it will get trashed, its sick i know, ands it must emotionally hurt the owner, but you cant control the element!

but aprt form that, its always a good night, lots of nice cars racing playing chicken constantly, bright lights, load music, its all good!

Tazzy
25-01-04, 11:50 PM
i go up every saturday night, i went up yesderday night as well!

there was a big stuffle yesderday night, a scooby went up the ass of a sierra cossie, a huge fight broke out, a cars were bust up!

thats what happens in brum, if you crash your car, or someone crashes into it, you might as well say good bye to it as it will get trashed, its sick i know, ands it must emotionally hurt the owner, but you cant control the element!

but aprt form that, its always a good night, lots of nice cars racing playing chicken constantly, bright lights, load music, its all good!

srs1
26-01-04, 12:15 AM
well why do they chance racing it then. they must think they are extra good drivers cause they drive a 300 brake scooby. if i bought a 14k car, i would not be trying to ram some fella up the ass for a thrill.

Tazzy
26-01-04, 12:29 AM
in this case, as the scooby pulled out onto the road, the cossie was already there, the scooby driver must not of seen it from behind his view!

i didnt see the inncodent, everyone had drove away, so i too turned round and raced round the streets of boardsley at around 80mph to get into the race road at the other end, i managed to see the cossie, it was in a bad state and the driver wasnt too happy!

Tazzy
26-01-04, 12:40 AM
for those who have never been to bham wheels, let me give you a basic idea of how we do it in the land of crime, tw*tish blues fans and sc*m!

bham wheels is in boardsley, the road is as wide as a normal road, we park up on the curbs either side, for about 1/2 a mile, meanwhile, on the road, we race at around 70 upwards either way, depending if you aint stuck behind a sh*t box metro!

but to make it even more dangerous, we overtake each other on the right hand side (obviously) so in theory, you have 4 cars heading towards each other, 2 one way, 2 the other, and to top it off, when you are standing on the curb specktating, you are no more than 2ft from the cars going past!

at one end of the strip, we turn round at a t-junction, at the other, we drive up onto the centre reservation, which is a foot path, to come back, simple as that really, if you see someone you want to race, you flash them, or if you get flashed, you wait til they are level with you, then slam your foot down!

its all fun!

Fester
26-01-04, 01:17 AM
sounds like a great evening, right up to the point where you have to spend the rest of your life in a wheelchair

Ian
26-01-04, 01:42 AM
the esses has always had a reputation for twats

Jules
26-01-04, 08:58 AM

Oh yeah it sound brilliant, and some people wonder why 'boy racers' get a bad name in the press..........
:roll:

Jim
26-01-04, 09:16 AM

Can't you leave this thing to the track or is that too sensible? Do you lot have a death wish? Standing 2 feet away from a car doing 70mph+ Chances are most of these cars are thrashed to an inch of thier lives and probably not checked regulary. All it takes is for a tyre to blow and that car goes flying into a croud of people at 70mph. IDIOTS!

Jim

djp_y2k
26-01-04, 09:19 AM
Doesnt sound fun to me. Not when there are to many risk factors there.

IF you want to do it fair enough. Just hope anyone who does is man enough to take the punishment if and when (as it will happen) someone gets killed.

I very much doubt they will be man enough to be honest.

?Marty?
26-01-04, 09:56 AM
retards

Nath
26-01-04, 11:13 AM
ive been up there too not on purpose just on accident and what a bunch of twats up there! im sorry but that shit is just lethal! fair comment about the blues nose scum m8 lol.

XZiBiT
26-01-04, 01:02 PM
sounds like sommit best left to the computor games :S

Tazzy
26-01-04, 01:47 PM
it used to be at the S bends, but with the new construction of the bull wing in the bham city centre, it became a bit difficult, then it was moved the boardsley dual carridgeway, which was a bit more safer, but that got a bit awkwards with all the local traffic, so weve moved again to a back street nobody uses as its on a business estate, sometimes, theres up to 3 cars in line, so up to 6 cars facing each other!

Cheese
26-01-04, 01:54 PM
Cant belive anyone is stupid enough to do this! 3 cars racing on a 2 lane road is bad enough, but then you've got 3 other idiots comming the other way! :o
Won't be long til someone gets killed! :evil: :(

Dare-devil
26-01-04, 02:03 PM

Can't you leave this thing to the track or is that too sensible? Do you lot have a death wish? Standing 2 feet away from a car doing 70mph+ Chances are most of these cars are thrashed to an inch of thier lives and probably not checked regulary. All it takes is for a tyre to blow and that car goes flying into a croud of people at 70mph. IDIOTS!

Jim

Just my words.

Tazzy
26-01-04, 02:23 PM
i know there was a few accidents on the dual carridgeway, but we all left there as someone was shooting firewoks into the petrol garage we were all park in!

dave.gsi
26-01-04, 02:25 PM
your all dicks.

i have no problem with the odd traffic light grand prix every now and again but that sounds plain dangerous. 3 cars racing towards each other??

wtf?

has none of your 'crew' got even half a brain

Tazzy
26-01-04, 02:31 PM
yeah, its basically one car over taking another, then a faster car overtaking that one, with same in the other direction!

theres been a few close incounters of rear enders and side swipes as ppl also like to hand brake skids in the middle of the road as well!

Barn
26-01-04, 06:29 PM
its all fun!
Lets see how much fun it is when someone gets killed by all that tw*tish-ness shall we?

Jim
26-01-04, 07:20 PM
The more I read this the more i think this Andiniho, is taking the p**s. Or at least, I hope he is. If not, then this needs to be stopped. I don't care if one of these idiots kills themselves, but an innocent member of the public may take a wrong turn into your "hood" and end up dead. You need to stop!

Jim

Euan
26-01-04, 07:26 PM
its all fun and games until somebody looses a bollock!!

srs1
26-01-04, 07:27 PM
i think that you are getting a general impression here mate, that no one on here is into street racing. i'm sure i read on here that a member off here's sister (or close relative) was hit by some street racers. i'm sure if you had a nice conversation he would explain how big all these people are, and the damage they have on there lives.

will some one lock this post!
or delete it.

XZiBiT
26-01-04, 09:03 PM
your all dicks.

i have no problem with the odd traffic light grand prix every now and again but that sounds plain dangerous. 3 cars racing towards each other??

i agree with dave there no brains or just plain dumb[/quote]

novashed
26-01-04, 09:18 PM
im in the same boat as a lot of young guys out there who love modifying, we cant get away from this twat*sh behaviour that gives genuine car enthusiasts a bad name.
as soon as you tell someone you got a modified nova they look at you in that way that just says 'oh another nob head boy racer'. its not their fault its the nob jockeys who think they are in a demolition derby on a public highway. :x

scott.parker
26-01-04, 09:37 PM
sorry to say it but this sh1t dose go on,but it's not allways so mad and bad as he is trying to make it sound! but there is some fvckin stupid brumeis out there trust me ive worked with loads of them! :lol:
oh and the most fvcking anoying thing ive seen is when a mate of mines nova 2ltr 16v got rear ended up there not long back,it was going to be the most amazing nova EVER! he had cortany do the conversion witch cost him?7000,it was ready for a turbo & nos..pluss the head cost?800,the manifold & zorst was ?650..the car it self was mint he was second owner it had 34000miles from new,was a k,redg gsi in metealic grey cost him ?5000 to buy it was total spotlees!! not funny this,and all taken away in 30 secons by a cvnt in a 1.2 punto who just past his test,hit him at over 70mph!! now he has the engine ready to go into something els...but what a waist of all that money over ?15000 gone,but hey the motor will live on!! :D in fact if you watn to see this car in action it's in the png group news,summer 2003.it on page 13 going up the strip at the pod aginst a 2ltr red astra this is at PV2003. :( no more thogh

scott.parker
26-01-04, 09:49 PM
novashed.... as soon as you tell someone you got a modified nova they look at you in that way that just says 'oh another nob head boy racer'. its not their fault its the nob jockeys who think they are in a demolition derby on a public highway

i know what you mean i hate this so many people who wer nice to you suddenly change there attitude toward you!! it stinks :x why the few make it hard for the rest is so sh1t!!! :evil:

Jules
27-01-04, 09:44 AM
it used to be at the S bends, but with the new construction of the bull wing in the bham city centre, it became a bit difficult, then it was moved the boardsley dual carridgeway, which was a bit more safer, but that got a bit awkwards with all the local traffic, so weve moved again to a back street nobody uses as its on a business estate, sometimes, theres up to 3 cars in line, so up to 6 cars facing each other!

i know there was a few accidents on the dual carridgeway, but we all left there as someone was shooting firewoks into the petrol garage we were all park in!

yeah, its basically one car over taking another, then a faster car overtaking that one, with same in the other direction!

theres been a few close incounters of rear enders and side swipes as ppl also like to hand brake skids in the middle of the road as well!

WTF!??! You do realise that almost everyone who has been bothered to reply has stated how fucking stupid this is? Can you not see that someone WILL be seriously hurt or worse at some point? Yet you still post shit about this all the time using exclamation marks as if you're saying how good it is!? WTF do you want? Do you want us to turn around and say how good it sounds? If not then stop posting shit about it.
Jesus christ, act your age for fuck sake and grow up.
:evil:

Ste_Nova
27-01-04, 10:59 AM
racing on mondays is nice.... quite dual.. loads of parking.... scanners and walky talkys

karl Rowntree
27-01-04, 07:36 PM
I have been up to landor street now a few times to see the street racing. I covered it as part of my degree course, writing a dissertation on cruising.

I spent one night in the police volvo T5, observing the racing from the polices point of view, which was a very intresting night! Got dropped home at about 4am by the nice police man :wink:

Andiniho, i guess you havnt had a run in yet with any of the real racers? Because if you had you wouldnt be on this site biggin it up. I know alot of people who have been up there, and lets just say they either dont see there car again or they have feared for the lifes. Alot of the guys up there are into other things, and you really dont wont to be crossing them.

Also if you crash your car on landor street on saturday night, you can pretty much garantee you wont recieve any insurance money, i know this for a fact.

So mate all i can say is with your attitude you are not going to last too long up there, unless you know most of the guys i am on about in which case i suggest you go find another site to praise street racing on, ( my opinion )

Its all good fun at the time too watch, but when it goes wrong up there it really does go pear shaped. This sought of thing should be kept to the race track.

NovaNeil
27-01-04, 08:38 PM
Hmmmm :? , I've been meaning to go up to Brum for this sort of thing for ages, I was hoping to have some little traffic light duals..... But after reading this im not so sure! The Fast & The Furious it ain't by the sounds of things.....

Looks like i'll be leaving it to the Pod then......to do some Scooby Slaying that is :twisted:

Ian
27-01-04, 08:40 PM
Also if you crash your car on landor street on saturday night, you can pretty much garantee you wont recieve any insurance money, i know this for a fact.

i happened to be in the investigation department at work and noticed them reading up on cruisemidlands website ;) insurance companies are aware what goes on

ade
27-01-04, 11:54 PM
irresponsible, dangerous, stupid, dead!

Not big and not clever when your in a box 6ft under, paralised or in court for killing someone

reckless driving carries an automatic 10 yr prison sentence

Quit whilst your ahead mate and take note from those on this site. Or leave. Everyones said it already - it gives serious car modders a bad name.

(notes he hasnt posted for a bit...)

Tazzy
28-01-04, 01:56 AM
WTF!??! You do realise that almost everyone who has been bothered to reply has stated how fcuking stupid this is? Can you not see that someone WILL be seriously hurt or worse at some point? Yet you still post s**t about this all the time using exclamation marks as if you're saying how good it is!? WTF do you want? Do you want us to turn around and say how good it sounds? If not then stop posting s**t about it.
Jesus christ, act your age for fcuk sake and grow up

Jules, if you have read ALL of my posts since i first started on here, you will notice that i finish all my sentances with an exclamation mark!

i know how bad it is and how dangerous it is, i really do, i go there every saturday night, and ive witnessed alot of trouble, and i could tell you alot of bad stories about it, im not promoting it or trying to encourage people to go there, tbh, i would like to see any of you there, you all seem sound people, with nice cars which youve all worked hard for, i fact i go is because i want to, simple as, thats my dicision!

driving through Alum Rock road in rush hour is bad enough in Birmingham!

karl is absolutely right about bham wheels, its got to be the worst illegal street racing scene ever, on saturday, when the scooby went up the back side of the cossie, a group of guys trashed the scooby and stole the rear bumper, thats how bad it is, that car was someones hard earned wages and long hard working hours gone, all within a few seconds!

the problem in birmingham/west mids is that we dont have a reguler legal police monitored organised cruising event, if were just aloud this and the access of a huge car park away from residential areas (there are loads in bham) then things like this wouldnt get so bad!

but on the same note, like most meet up events, this does accasionally have its good moments, it honestly does, but not many!

im sorry if i seemed out of line, i dont want to make any enemies on this site, i was just explaining how bad it is, i apoligize!

karl Rowntree
28-01-04, 06:54 PM
Just so you know aswell, ever wondered why this is aloud to go on week after week?? Why dont the police just close it down, although i know they have tryed for many years.

Its because the police have hidden cameras on the s-bends, Landor street and they have a number of plain closed police out aswell.

If you race once or twice you will be ok, but if you race week after week the police are slowly building a file of evidence on you. So a word of advice is watch by all means but i wouldnt race because you will end up in it deep mate.

Also, alot of the cars up there are stolen. Someone elses pride and joy. The guys driving them dont care what happens to them hence why they drive like dicks.

I for one dont support such a night because of this and personally mate i would look else were for a good night.

mikeoxford
28-01-04, 07:09 PM
just for the record.

the only time ive been to birmingham races is in someone elses car. i would never take my baby near such an event.

ive been quite a few times to the races up the city cent but i have to say i haven tbeen back for a while. it really isnt all that good to watch.

up at tysely people are racing for pink slips! fast and furious style. f*ck that!

theres so many cokcs up there

and so many drunks.

it does my head in, as there is some real good organised cruises / meetings where the police close them down in west midlands. but sh!t like this is left to happen :roll:

/rant off

locky
28-01-04, 07:38 PM
Sounds shit to me!
(btw i nomally use ! to end a sentence. Bad punctuation i know!.(lol) )
can they drive? or can they put their foot on the accelerator? is it in a straight line or round a "course"?
Why cant they use a track? not good enough to drive on one? or too embarresed to race "real" racers?
sounds lethal! a cruise is bad enough! this is asking for a warrent for the pearly gates!