PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from santa pod

karl Rowntree
25-01-04, 06:30 PM
Just got back from the santa pod, had a great day. Met loads of people that i hadnt seen since trax and got to see what people had been up too over the winter.

Issac nova did a 12.8 quarter and there was some crackin nova turbos there that i hadnt seen before. Saw phil sutton putting some good times in aswell with his, sorry i didnt get chance to say hi mate!

Was a bit busy though with 280 cars signed on and was a tad cold, but apart from that loads of grat cars new and old and a really good atmosphere. Inspired me to get in the garage and make a start on mine.

Good end to a otherwise bad weekend :wink:

Philsutton
25-01-04, 06:45 PM
Just got back myself, i had great day. Just a shame that the ques were so long to get onto the strip.
Certainly enojyed the scooby slaying novas there, it made my day.
:lol: had fun playing with a Daihatsu charade turbo down the strip, i think he was quite surprised when i told him it was only a 1.4.

XZiBiT
25-01-04, 07:13 PM
i gotta get myself down there

Philsutton
25-01-04, 07:27 PM
yeah it is good fun, i was sort of hoping to shame some saxo's but they just parked up in the "look at me im a t**t" group :(

Chris S
25-01-04, 09:02 PM
we were ment to be going but seens as though my head/ or gasket has gone there was no point

epo
25-01-04, 09:12 PM
we were ment to be going but seens as though my head/ or gasket has gone there was no point

plannin 2 go 2 pod jinx's me
1st time we went r lass fell down the stairs we spent the day in casulty

2nd time day before we went her exhaust fell off her car
ne nates car cocked up mine overheated
got down there poped a waterhose and discovered id blown a headgasket had 2 be towed home still save on petrol

Barn
25-01-04, 11:25 PM
^^^^ lol.

what times did u put in Phil?

mavvmad
26-01-04, 07:44 AM
Yup, was a good day, I was there in my Astra. Traction was crap times werent as good as I had hoped.

Best of 15.741 against a Scooby at the end of the day just before they closed the fire up lane.

Will do better next time, I have a couple of minor issues to sort due to a bad spin on an icy roundabout on the way there :oops:

RJM25R
26-01-04, 08:17 AM
Any photo's Karl?

RobIsGrt18
26-01-04, 09:28 AM
load of my m8's went up there, said it was good

i was at the northampton v man u game :P (f**king scummy united :evil: )

Breeny
26-01-04, 11:02 AM
Was an excellent day if a little cold! My 21 was parked at the front of the Renault Turbo owners club stand... dunno if anyone saw it lol

Saw the ATC car running some very good times, got the biggest cheer of all the cars I think :) (someone mentioned a 12.2?? Dunno if thats true or not!)

Was very slippery by the looks of things, you know its slippery when Imprezas go sideways off the line! lol

Saw a GTIR and Metro go bang.. My mates Skyline went pop on the way home, not good at all :( He's only just bought it from Japan with 450hp.. so he's a bit miffed to say the least!!

Saw another nova turbo run.. think he was at the MK meet a while back but can't remember his name?? Saw you run aswell Phil.. looked very quick!

All in all a good day, Santa Pod is still a great day out after being so many times 8)

Jim
26-01-04, 11:51 AM
Did you not run the 21 Breeny?

Jim

Breeny
26-01-04, 12:19 PM
Na couldn't be arsed queing up for 3 hrs to run lol

280 people signed on before 10.30... the whole place was packed. The queue for the strip went way back to after the toilet blocks.. and this was at 3.30 when I looked!

Philsutton
26-01-04, 02:52 PM
yeah the traction wasnt exactly brilliant but im still happy with my times, i got a 16.55, 16.5 and 16.8 all at about 82mph. All i need now is a nice hot day and some better tyres.

Was an excellent day if a little cold! My 21 was parked at the front of the Renault Turbo owners club stand... dunno if anyone saw it lol

i think i saw it parked in the renault turbo area, well it had to be one of the 21's there :)

CP
26-01-04, 06:01 PM
Some of us were still fixing someones Nova Turbo very early Sunday morning whilst their owners were variously enjoying themselves out drinking and going upto Santa Pod :o

Barn
26-01-04, 06:15 PM
Saw the ATC car running some very good times, got the biggest cheer of all the cars I think :) (someone mentioned a 12.2?? Dunno if thats true or not!)
12.8 was the fastest it got yesterday mate...still 'quite' quick tho, lol

kellyxx
26-01-04, 06:29 PM
i think he finished in 10.5 sec

http://www.seatowners.co.uk/forum/uploads/post-16-1075073467.jpg

Jules
27-01-04, 09:19 AM
Any photo's Karl?

Found this link on MiG:

http://www.cruise-scene.com/Shows/santapod.html

peester
27-01-04, 06:24 PM
^^ clicked on above link; the blurred pic of silver ibiza; theres something about them seat things i like.

karl Rowntree
27-01-04, 07:02 PM
Sorry rick i didnt take any photos, was too busy talking all day!

RJM25R
27-01-04, 10:39 PM
Shame. Cheers anyway karl..