PDA

View Full Version : BEST EXHAUAST SYSTEM??!?!?!?!?!

dutchboy
24-01-04, 08:00 PM
Hey. I'm looking for a decent manifold and system with a backbox for a nova 1.6GSi? What do you reckon is the best? I've looked at magnex, piper, scorpion they all look good. I'm not after a loud sound-just a nice one!!!!

peester
24-01-04, 08:06 PM
for my gsi at this stage im planning lexmaul manifold (non-cat gsi's only though) then jetex system. total cost about ?400. thats from block back. heat wrapped with chrome heat shield; icing on t'cake. :D

dutchboy
24-01-04, 08:13 PM
sounds good to me!! Where you gettin that from?

dave.gsi
24-01-04, 09:39 PM
ive allways fancied a scorpion or mongoose system

epo
24-01-04, 09:51 PM
i found the magnex a bit 2 quiet till i got the silencers remover

scrpion 1's r good never heard a mongoose

dutchboy
25-01-04, 12:39 AM
cheers for that lads

L1OONEY
25-01-04, 01:24 AM
Im not an expert but i thought powerflow or longlife well same aint they where the best for quality also sound due 2 being able to have it tuned to the way u want it and with it being a 1.6 it will sound pretty darn fine........

scott.parker
25-01-04, 12:17 PM
i wouldnt mined knowing what the mongose sound'd like,dont know anyone with one...as for the lexmaul manifold there top job's them...and power flow well there more of a custom job not such a performance job,thats what i thought?? :)

j1400
25-01-04, 02:23 PM
I have a Piper Evo 3 non-stainless system on my nova. It a large bore so may not be good for a near std engine, but it's got a god burble at idel, but have no idea what it sounds like after that cause the TB's drown the poor thing out.
I would say s/s if the best for longevity, but if you have back fires you fracture it, or melt a hole in it.

Jules
26-01-04, 08:22 AM
I would say s/s if the best for longevity, but if you have back fires you fracture it, or melt a hole in it.

News to me, when I had my twin 40'd 1.6 with full Mongoose system (They rule btw) it backfired plenty of times after coming off full throttle and letting it coast whilst in gear, never caused any fractures or holes in the system, the only thing it did was 1) Sound kind of like small anti-lag from a WRC car and 2) Turn everyones head who probably thought "Ohh that car sounds knackered"!!
:lol:

j1400
26-01-04, 10:28 AM
IT's that s/s can't stand the heat up cooling cycles that steel can. coastig down back fires aren't what kills it, would be changing gear backfires that kill, if you don't go below 4500 for an extended period, i.e track then you'll soon find out.
For a normal engine though it's not a probelm.

Bilbo ballbaggins
28-01-04, 04:49 PM
j1400 Posted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 10:28 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IT's that s/s can't stand the heat up cooling cycles that steel can. coastig down back fires aren't what kills it, would be changing gear backfires that kill, if you don't go below 4500 for an extended period, i.e track then you'll soon find out.
For a normal engine though it's not a probelm.

my magnex withstood numerous 5000rpm (2ltr 16v) from Glasgow to Manchester stints and not a crack in sight. Its stainless manifolds that suffer from heat/cracking problems. The rest of the zorst doesnt get anywhere near as hot.

Ste_Nova
28-01-04, 06:30 PM
i've got a sub ?200 full system from motorsport direct... it's loud and harsh and has a hardcore non shiny tailpipe

http://uploader.co.uk/images/zorsta.jpg

Barn
29-01-04, 12:06 AM
^^^ looks arite for the money

is it any good ste?

Ste_Nova
29-01-04, 10:58 AM
yup car is much better reving... quieter than my scorpion on motorway.... but nice note when u give it stick

video with my car driving past, with sound
http://www.xcruise.co.uk/VLargeVideo.asp?FID=14

i'm on at 35seconds

Ben3042
30-01-04, 12:29 AM
Have motorsport direct got a website ste?

Ste_Nova
30-01-04, 09:12 AM
www.motorsportdirect.co.uk