PDA

View Full Version : Thieving Bastards

Ben3042
24-01-04, 06:56 PM
Me and a mate went out last night, came home at 3 am and parked his corsa right outside my house.

Got a phonecall at 7.30am saying " your cars been broken into", so we rushed outside to find the passenger side door bent open, glass all over the road, a fooked lock and worst of all the ?500 pioneer head unit faceplate had been taken.

The actual stereo haddnt been touched, they didnt even take the infinty 6x9'z, sub and amp.

Fantastic! NEVER LEAVE THE FRONT ON YOUR STEREO!

( cant figure out why they didnt take the entire head unit though)

dave.gsi
24-01-04, 06:57 PM
they do it to piss you off.

there bastards like that :twisted:

elsey197
24-01-04, 07:01 PM
shit mate, they prob got disturbed and will come back for the rest of the head unit.
My mate with the golf who lives round your way ben had his red golf broken in to two weeks ago, smashed his drivers window, it was parked on his fucking driveway!

Ben3042
24-01-04, 07:07 PM
I've only lived round here for a year now and so far:

My old mans spare wheel cover on his shogun was stolen while it was parked on the drive, rang up mitsubishi and they quoted ?500 for a new one

7 car windows got smashed in one night

A bird down the road had her wheels nicked of her r5

My mates stereo got nicked this morning

My mums vw passat got smashed into last month

Im dreading parking my car outside at night when its finished.

gaz_nofx46
24-01-04, 07:11 PM
Whatever you're getting done to your car you might have to look and saving 10% of the price for security or something. Is there no way you can park it in a garage or anything?

Ben3042
24-01-04, 07:20 PM
I have a garage but iv'e got my nova and my 306 in it as well as stack of tools and nova parts lol not much room for another car.

He only crashed at my house for the night and got his stereo half inched.

He was well gutted when we went out this mornin and has booked his car in to have a cat 1 alarm and immobiliser fitted.

epo
24-01-04, 07:35 PM
sorry 2 hear that mate shit aint it

srs1
24-01-04, 08:04 PM
this aint ment to sound nasty but.....

surely if he was going to spend ?500 on a stereo, it may have crossed his mind to get an alarm fitted!

Ben3042
24-01-04, 08:04 PM
Yeah it is mate, people go to work so they can buy things and then some thieving tosser walks past and thinks " Ill have that".

It seems to be happening alot round here in the past few weeks.

The worst part is that the stereo can easily be replaced but the car needs a new door and will need painting and fitting. It also feels weird when you get in the car knowing that some low life has been in it.

Barn
24-01-04, 08:23 PM
same thing happend to me the other month...they didnt nick anything though just fcukt my lock

:snipersm: pr!cks

Aragorn
24-01-04, 08:28 PM
heres the fun part

phone up pioneer and ask for another faceplate saying somone stole it and i betya its the same price as a new unit

phone em up asking for a new HU and tell em u still have the facia and im betting it will be quite a bit cheaper

Ben3042
25-01-04, 03:45 PM
It has got a fatory alarm but for some reason didnt sound.

He went to a local ice dealer and they quoted ?180 for a new face.

Jules
26-01-04, 08:38 AM
Sorry to hear it but why didn't he take the face of it off? It takes seconds (If you're slow) and takes up as much room as a mobile phone.
I can't understand some people, firstly those who don't remove stereo fronts when they can then complain that they've been broken into, and people that spend a fortune on mods to a car then don't spend even ?100 on a cheapy alarm.
The Toad alarm was the very first mod to my GSi, before the wheels, suspension, stereo anything.

Ben3042
27-01-04, 12:12 AM
It was the silver deh 8500mp or something like that, he has booked the car in for a ?500 clifford alarm now :D

I think they done it to piss him off as the didnt touch anything else such as sub, amp, 6x9's or even cd's on the floor.