PDA

View Full Version : Problems Turning Right....

nova_rally
24-01-04, 06:02 PM
Right then - just got my car back from the Bodyshop where it's just spent the last 2 months. It has a serious dislike of turning right. There is a horrible noise as if something is rubbing, and it casuses the steering wheel to vibrate and it really doesn't want to be turned any more. Seems a lot worse under power. Turning left there are no problems - any ideas what I should be looking for?

Alan

Aragorn
24-01-04, 06:16 PM
jack the car up and turn the wheels right

see if the tires are catching on anything

Mark
25-01-04, 10:39 AM
Yeah you should be looking for the nearest LEFT turn to take you straight back and get them to fix your car!!

Dicko
25-01-04, 11:44 AM
does it matter how far you turn the wheel?

could be wheel bearing, knackered shock, or if you mean on full lock then rubbing on gearbox like mine does!

Ste_Nova
25-01-04, 01:38 PM
instead of coming on here with every fault you get... why not just have a look first?

nova_rally
25-01-04, 06:01 PM
Ste I Only ask when I'm really stuck or when I don't have the car to check. (like the handbrake covers) In this case I've looked and looked and can see nothing unusual.

It seems more to do with how hard you attack a corner then anything so could well be something in the suspension. There is a nasty great hole in the passenger side tyre now which need sorting, don't think it's realted...

Apex Suspension kit going on soon - I hope that cures it!

Alan