PDA

View Full Version : Everything nicked

Fergie_sfc
24-01-04, 01:54 PM
here's a quick story from the past couple of days:

clutch cable snapped so i was taking the car to regal at bout 7:30pm on tues night to get it fixed, i took it later on so i didn;t hit traffic caus its hard to drive without a clutch in traffic!!

i put keys in next doors letter box, chris came back at 9pm to put my car in garage but he couldn't reach the keys so he left it out side which is fair enough seen as though i didn't realise he was even gonna put it inside!!

so a day passed and i went to pick it up after work at bout 4:30pm on wednesday. got into car, reaches to put music on and my head unit was gone, my mate noticed and said 'SH1T!!!'.

everything in the boot had also gone but thank god i put the subs in my garage on sunday evening!!

so i told chris and he panicked and said he didn't even realise, the mechanic jim said he thought i jus left the door unlocked and put the keys somewhere else.

so in all i lost a head unit (?270), an 800w kenwood amplifer (?215), JBL 6x9's (?70) Pioneer component speakers (?50) all 35 CD's (around ?500) and a bible!!!

so i am proper gutted!! the worst thing is they took my CD's, now the only music i have is the kelis album - tasty, and Juelz Sanatana - from me to u. couldn't believe my luck seen as though i was sellin the car for ?950 but now that deal is off!!

and insurance company suspect it might be a false claim!!

proper safe (sarcastic)

Fergie :(

Mark
24-01-04, 02:00 PM
So was it broken into or were the keys used?

Fergie_sfc
24-01-04, 02:14 PM
screw driver jobbie!! drivers side lock is fcuked so have to get in through passenger door at moment which is pretty embarracing!!

one good thing with the smooth boot is that they didn't mamage to get into that, prolly looked at it and said 'how the fcuk do we get into that'!!

but the worst bit is that they have been tramling in the back of the car and it feels wierd being in the car knowing someone else has been in there without my permission!!!

Fergie.

Dpnova
24-01-04, 03:28 PM
sorry to hear that mate

wrigleys
24-01-04, 04:42 PM
and a bible!!!

:roll: :roll: ok

?Marty?
24-01-04, 04:46 PM
^^^ proof that there is no god.

Hardie
24-01-04, 04:59 PM
evil bastards even takin the bible

Gazza14SR
24-01-04, 05:06 PM
but the worst bit is that they have been tramling in the back of the car and it feels wierd being in the car knowing someone else has been in there without my permission!!!

Fergie.

Thats the exact reason why i sold my last nova, not that they'd nicked the stuff etc but the fact that someone else had been in it, it just didnt feel the same being in it after that.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Gaz

locky
25-01-04, 10:37 AM
That was an expensive clutch cable!
sorry 2 hear it m8!

?Marty?
25-01-04, 10:38 AM
I still blame jesus for all of this.

locky
25-01-04, 11:03 AM
[quote fergie when hes realised his car was done over]

"JESUS CHRIST"

[/quote fergie when hes realised his car was done over]

Yep blame him lol

Ste_Nova
25-01-04, 01:23 PM
after reading this i still can't understand why you took it to regal for a clutch cable?

dan_mk1
26-01-04, 12:32 AM
after reading this i still can't understand why you took it to regal for a clutch cable?

thats what i was thinking? maybe he has money to waste

Aragorn
26-01-04, 08:32 AM
14quid on a haynes manual and 15mins of your time wouldve saved a grands worth of stuff :roll:

this is why i do everything myself unless it requires tools i dont have and are too expensive to buy for one job

marruss
26-01-04, 07:46 PM
my cousins car was broken in to at the back of the talking heads pub, smashed a window, screw drivered the locks and stole his 2 head units and all his cds (approx 200), plus he plays gigs there, they played frisbe with his drum bags! lol

scum!! proper does me head in!

funniest thing about it is i gave him a clifford for it, and they pinched that aswell!! he hadnt fitted it!!

wounder!
marc

Dicko
26-01-04, 09:24 PM
so you had ?500 of audio nicked, and they didnt take your subs?

so why didnt anybody hear your alarm going off?

Fergie_sfc
27-01-04, 02:53 PM
oi yeah, easy on the christian jokes, they dont go down wel with me seen as though i am a christian.

i needed the car desperately and i know chris from regal pretty well so he said he'll fit it for me the next morning, i'm not too good at engine stuff, more good at body work.

insurance company still being anoying!!

Fergie.

Ste_Nova
27-01-04, 04:12 PM
i fitted a clutch cable on my 2.0 nova on a slip road on the m6 at night in the rain... it's not hard