PDA

View Full Version : Nova Gsi injector trouble HELP NEEDED!!!

Smoki3
23-01-04, 05:42 PM
Hi peps, right today on the way to work my nova gsi started stuttering,
found out l8r that my injector is firing to much petrol into the engine!
(Bank 2)

Swoped injector with another 1 but still the same problem!! in the same bank!
Could they be blocked or something!!
ANY HELP WILL BE APPRICEATIED!!

Thanks

NovaNeil
23-01-04, 07:42 PM
How do you know the injectors firing too much and its not the ECU playing up?

Dicko
23-01-04, 08:21 PM
more like ur not getting a spark to that cylinder

Smoki3
23-01-04, 09:33 PM
because when i take the spark plugs out and turn the engine over the second bank shots loads of petrol out! over front bumper!!

Could it be the ECU??

2litreturbo
23-01-04, 10:18 PM
ok take the plugs out and swap the plugs going to injectors one and two. If you then get a million gallons of fuel come from number one you know it is the ecu.

Smoki3
24-01-04, 05:23 PM
I swop the injector over and i now know that its is the injector not working, so i replaced them with cav 2.0 sri injectors :lol: but now my cars smoking loads!! WHY!!! help!! :roll:

Aragorn
24-01-04, 06:12 PM
cos a cav injector flows more fuel in each pulse

ecu doesnt know any different so its pulsing the number of ms required for th 1.6 injectors which is consequently shoving too much fuel in withthe cav ones

run it like that for any length of time and your engine will die

Smoki3
24-01-04, 06:21 PM
well this is the thing it starts better and idle perfect, driving is alot smoother but just when u boot it u see loads of smoke in the rear view mirror :( Before i could smell loads of fuel coming from the exhaust and now i smell oil :o

WHY is this!

Smoki3
24-01-04, 06:24 PM
well this is the thing it starts better and idle perfect, driving is alot smoother but just when u boot it u see loads of smoke in the rear view mirror :( Before i could smell loads of fuel coming from the exhaust and now i smell oil :o i also see a little bit of smoke coming from manifold!

WHY is this!

Aragorn
24-01-04, 08:36 PM
cause your prolly getting bore wash which means the extra fuel is washing the oil off the bores into the mixture

this will cause extreme wear on the bores and eventually the bearings will give out too unless u keep chaning the oil very often

as for the manifold smoking maybe the unburnt fuel is being chucked into the manifold causing it to get much hotter than normal?

2litreturbo
24-01-04, 11:23 PM
you need to use gsi injectors, Unless the engine is mapped for the cav injectors which i bet it isn't. you cant expect to cure the problem unles you use the right parts.