PDA

View Full Version : SRi power loss

hendrix
22-01-04, 10:13 PM
I recently fitted an induction kit to my SRi but hasnt really gained any power, if anything it has lost power especially if the car is warm. Firstly i tought this was due to the filter sucking tomuch hot air because it was attached directly to the injector thing (sorry not very technical!). i moved the filter to where the air box was using a pipe from a cavvie so that is would get more cold air but it seems not to have really done anything. Does the engine need tuning because its got 'different air' goin into the engine?
any help much appreciated
epo - head gasket not gone, its letting moisture in somewhere so maybe head does need skimming!
Car has been in sheffield a day and its still here!! WOOOOHOOOO!!

Dicko
23-01-04, 08:27 PM
i ran mine directly off the end of throttle body, and made a big difference over the airbox.

try resetting your ecu by disconecting your battery for an hour (beware if you have an old radio not to loose the code)

AnThoNYnOvA
23-01-04, 08:56 PM
can u not get an extended pipe for your inducting? so its away from the heat of your engine?

Dicko
23-01-04, 10:54 PM
hes already said hes tried that

epo
24-01-04, 09:13 AM
surley if the heads warped then he'll lose power through that
when my head gasket was on its way out car seemed well slower

Snowface
24-01-04, 12:19 PM
is he saying it the power changed was noticed straight after putting induction kit on? If yes then its something to do with induction i would have thought.

Possible coincidence with head gasket but unlikley if it lost power when u swap.